Post by Redknapp69 »

Superb stuff - nice one pal!
SteveHarle
Update Team (Director)

Re: Premier League Predictions

Post by SteveHarle »

PREDICTIONS UPDATE - 27 (mostly!) GAMES

RECAP
15 of us predicted how the PL would finish up and some other things such as top scorer, assister, clean sheets etc. Wolves fantastic form has proven to be the biggest problem for people, the poor form of Chelsea has cost a lot of people a lot of points and many predicted Burnley would be the pick of the bunch from the promoted teams. That has backfired.

Last time out, I led the way with Redknapp 1 point behind and 3rd place Ebfatz 10 behind. I can tell you the top three from last time has changed. Two of the top three were the worst performers in this next round of games and have plummeted down the table.

Bonus points play a big part in this and do have a say. We have a new leader, a new wooden spoon, 4 players are in the same position as last time, 1 player even has the same score as last time. 1 player has not managed to get a single correct guess. One player has shot up the table out of nowhere. The person with the most spot-on's (5) is only 6th in the table due to some very wayward predictions elsewhere...

LEAGUE TABLE
► Show Spoiler
A TALE OF HEAVY HITTERS AND ABSOLUTE SHITTERS...
► Show Spoiler
INDIVIDUAL SCORES:
► Show Spoiler
I'll try and do another update with a few games to go but as you can see from some epic falls from grace and others flying up the table... it's all to play for.

Good luck everyone!
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Post by Here2Win79 »

Not sure who’s let me down more, de Zerbi or just Premier League football managers in general, for their inability to suss out Ang’s suicideball. I thought he’d have been on the end of a few Celtic CL style hidings by now. No European football is all that’s keeping Spurs afloat I reckon, I’ll put them in for the same sort of position next year and be right. 😁
Annoyingly I swapped Arsenal and Man Utd at the last minute for my submission on the basis that I always underestimate Utd but I don’t expect to be in the running at the sharp end as with unappreciative West Ham fans desperate to replace Moyes with someone who could entertain them with 5-4 defeats every week, I’m not going to keep that 5 points for long… although to be fair I only put them up there cos I thought they were getting Mctominay and Maguire.
riise
Community Team

Post by riise »

Clubhouse leader, I'll take it.
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Post by Redknapp69 »

Oooooo - top 'o' the tree!

But plenty of time for that to all go wrong

Cracking write up there Steve!
SteveHarle
Update Team (Director)

Post by SteveHarle »

Premier League player of the season nominees

Erling Haaland (Man City)
Phil Foden (Man City)
Declan Rice (Arsenal)
Martin Odegaard (Arsenal)
Alexander Isak (Newcastle)
Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa)
Cole Palmer (Chelsea)
Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool)

Premier League manager of the season nominees

Pep Guardiola (Man City)
Mikel Arteta (Arsenal)
Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool)
Unai Emery (Aston Villa)
Andoni Iraola (Bournemouth)

Premier League young player of the season nominees

Erling Haaland (Man City)
Phil Foden (Man City)
Bukayo Saka (Arsenal)
William Saliba (Arsenal)
Alexander Isak (Newcastle)
Cole Palmer (Chelsea)
Kobbie Mainoo (Man Utd)
Destiny Udogie (Tottenham)
SteveHarle
Update Team (Director)

Post by SteveHarle »

So… the end is nigh! Seeing the POTY nominations… lets have one last look at how we are doing now there are some confirmed things happening!

Lets start with bonus points…

Paul Heckingbottom was first to get sacked. This means Riise is “officially” winning as he has a guaranteed 5 points. Nobody else picked the Sheffield United Manager as first to go.

We now have another confirmed bonus player… David Raya with most clean sheets. Not a single person fancied him to win it. Lets spare a thought for Xeno though… who picked Aaron Ramsdale. He also predicted Ramsdale would keep 15 clean sheets…. That’s the exact number Raya has. If Arsenal don’t keep any more clean sheets, Xeno would have had himself 20 bonus points too. Ouch.

In terms of top scorer, we have lots of Haaland nominations as you'd expect... he has 25 goals so far and with 20 bonus points on offer, look out for HaroldFinch (27) SteveHarle (29), Xeno (31) who all have a pretty decent shot at a bang-on!

Ollie Watkins is 2 ahead of the rest on assists. A KDB injury has been costly to many, only Redders with Salah (2 behind on 10) has a chance of a result here.

POTY nominees mean we lose some more people… (KDB) SteveHarle, HaroldFinch (TAA) H2W (NO NOMINATION) Treef01 won’t be getting bonus points here. Haaland is best represented, but also nominations for Odegaard and Rice. Good luck!

YPOTY… we lose a few more. (EVAN FERGUSON) Wilsonnormesby, Luke21, H2, (GVARDIOL) Riise, (MARTINELLI) HaroldFinch, (HOIJLAND) AJ, (NO NOMINATION) Treef01. Saka and Foden are the only two in with a shout!

MOTY we lose 2 (HOWE) Wilsonnormesby and (DE ZERBI) H2W. Its Pep or Arteta that everyone else has gone for…. Exception being Alias47… a big start of the season shout for Unai Emery! Watch out for that one!!

Points update incoming…
ebfatz
Social Media Team

Post by ebfatz »

riise wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:57 am Could be the weekend that sees the first points on the board - Iraola and Heckingbottom both seeming 'Very Insecure', with Moyes perhaps 'Insecure'.

Iraola going from this to shortlisted for Manager of the Season is some turnaround! :lol:
Find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Search
: TheEbFatz
riise
Community Team

Post by riise »

ebfatz wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:35 am
riise wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:57 am Could be the weekend that sees the first points on the board - Iraola and Heckingbottom both seeming 'Very Insecure', with Moyes perhaps 'Insecure'.

Iraola going from this to shortlisted for Manager of the Season is some turnaround! :lol:
Yeah nice to see him get time to sort it - winless in their first 9 games when I said that, then promptly won their 10th the next day.
SteveHarle
Update Team (Director)

Post by SteveHarle »

it is VERY close at the top and I’d say we still have a number of people in with a very decent shout of winning this depending on who wins the league, City or Arsenal… and who gets those bonus points!

All of the bonus points so far are Haaland top scorer, plus Riise who had Heckingbottom to be sacked first.

Amazingly, everyone, bar Mark has the same or an improved score since our last update. Poor AJ is 2 points better off than he was last time,... but drops 2 places in the standings due to Derm and Steve steamrollering in with a late season push. Special mention to Alias47 who has gained an extra 17 points since the last update!

The brutality of this league is also emphasised by Harold Finch losing 3 places, despite keeping the same score as last time, H2W being 3rd bottom despite having 4 spot on’s and Riise 2nd bottom with most bonus points!

Top of the tree we have Redknapp69 who also has joint most spot-on’s with Dermotron. It really could go anywhere though but I suspect it’s one of the top 5 who will be our champion this year. Mark has a hell of a lot of work to do if he wants to retain his crown, he’s the only person without a single spot-on prediction so far…

Here is a look at our bonus point choices... Redknapp69 could score very big here...

Mark
Chairman

Post by Mark »

Just about sums up the season in general for me, re: this, fantasy football, super6, bets :D
SteveHarle
Update Team (Director)

Post by SteveHarle »

Haaland now on 27 goals.

If he doesn’t score on the last day… big points for HaroldFinch… 2 goals and it’s big points for SteveHarle… 4 goals and it’s big points for Xeno!