Video Games

Moderator: Community Team

Alias47
Decent Young Player

Video Games

Post by Alias47 »

Recently finished Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4). Bought it in December with Amazon Vouchers I had (don't usually splash out on new games - too pricey these days!) and finished it about a week or so ago. It's a loooong game! Not 3 months long, but I put over 150 hours into it. Probably could do it quicker but I like the utterly meaningless shiny Platinum in my fake trophy cabinet. :roll:

Not quite as good as the other 2 newer ones in the franchise - AC Origins and AC Odyssey. So if by any chance anyone was looking to play or get back into the series I would go for either of those over Valhalla, with the added benefit they are cheaper.

Big open world, lots of side quests and collectables. Lot's of sword fighting and (sometimes) challenging enemies - sort of mini boss battles I'd say. Good stuff I like the franchise but they do tend to run on the long side...
Kaneman
VIP

Video Games

Post by Kaneman »

I'm so far behind in the Assassin's Creed series, that I don't even know when to return to it. I last played 3, ages ago, and it was so disappointing that I shelved the rest (but still bought every mainline sequel, so I can catch up one day). From what I've seen, I don't think I can agree with the direction the series has taken, since the gameplay has been completely modified.

Glad to hear it's a decent game, but is it a good Assassin's Creed? I'll see when I eventually get to it, probably in like 3 years. :lol:
JonBetts
Patch Team

Video Games

Post by JonBetts »

I've only played 1, 2 and Brotherhood! Think Revelations is the next one for me to get to :lol: I don't like the way they went off and made a tonne of smaller games that absolutely ruined the series. Supposedly Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla have set them back on the right track, but it sounds like I'll be the last to find out :D

I've just got far too many classic games still to play - Witcher 2 and 3, Fallout 3, New Vegas and 4, a couple of the Batman games, Watch Dogs 1 and 2, Wolfenstein New Order and Old Blood, Metro Last Light, Half Life Alyx, Far Cry 5, Primal and the other new one, The Evil Within... never even completed GTA 5!

Need. More. Time...
Fodster
Decent Young Player

Video Games

Post by Fodster »

Watchdogs is class!
Kaneman
VIP

Video Games

Post by Kaneman »

JonBetts wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:30 am I've only played 1, 2 and Brotherhood! Think Revelations is the next one for me to get to :lol: I don't like the way they went off and made a tonne of smaller games that absolutely ruined the series. Supposedly Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla have set them back on the right track, but it sounds like I'll be the last to find out :D

I've just got far too many classic games still to play - Witcher 2 and 3, Fallout 3, New Vegas and 4, a couple of the Batman games, Watch Dogs 1 and 2, Wolfenstein New Order and Old Blood, Metro Last Light, Half Life Alyx, Far Cry 5, Primal and the other new one, The Evil Within... never even completed GTA 5!

Need. More. Time...
Sounds just like my backlog, glad I'm not the only one. :lol:
Alias47
Decent Young Player

Video Games

Post by Alias47 »

HEADS UP FOR PLAYSTATION USERS!!!

If you go on to the PS Store and go to 'Play At Home' they are giving away 9 games completely free! Indie titles + VR games.

Games:
Abzu
Astro Bot Rescue Mission (PSVR)
Enter The Gungeon
Moss (PSVR)
Paper Beast (PSVR)
Rez Infinite
Subnautica
The Witness
Thumper

Pretty sure Thumper & Rez Infinite are VR compatible but not exclusively VR.

Note: you don't need PS Plus.
Alias47
Decent Young Player

Video Games

Post by Alias47 »

The complete digital edition of Horizon: Zero Dawn is FREE to all PS4 users. Although fair warning it weighs in at a fairly hefty 46.8 GIG, but hey - free is free.