Holidays

Moderator: Community Team

The Immortal316
Network Game Team

Holidays

Post by The Immortal316 »

I'm gearing up for a trip to London with the missus at the start of August.
Newcastle upon Tyne at the other end of the country this winter as my bro gets his Phd in computer science and all the siblings are joining the celebration.

No real foriegn adventure this year as I'm waiting for all the nonsense to dissipate from the scamdemic before doing that.
I won't wear a mask or get an injection that we don't know the effects of. But that's a different topic... sort of.

Are you planning any trips away?
Have you had any interesting experiences while travelling this year?
Are there any deals at the minute with the unpredictable nature of the market?
or do you not fancy travel? Are you afraid?

Share your holiday stories/comments
"There is a tide in the affairs of men, which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune"
Kaneman
VIP

Holidays

Post by Kaneman »

Haven't been on a holiday since 2016. Don't miss it.
The Immortal316
Network Game Team

Holidays

Post by The Immortal316 »

You don't miss it?
It's been a while for me as well, maybe the same sort of time I was away in Spain (well majorca actually)
Think it may have been 2018 - I can't remember but Spain were taking names in the tournament and there was partying each time they got through to the next round.

Anyway I have missed getting away, althoughit's only a wee jump across the Irish sea I can't wait to get to London and check out all the tourist y stuff and get a change of scenery
"There is a tide in the affairs of men, which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune"
Kaneman
VIP

Holidays

Post by Kaneman »

The Immortal316 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:53 am You don't miss it?
Not at all, I have so many personal projects to keep me occupied when I don't work, that I don't even plan for holidays anymore. I understand that some are more partial to getting away from day-to-day routines, though.
riise
Awards Team

Holidays

Post by riise »

Nothing planned this year, we're in the process of buying our first house, so after that 'life will be a holiday' or something.

I'm usually a prolific holidayer though. Got pretty lucky with timing last year - went to Romania in February just before the world shut down, Crete in August as a last-minute jobby and the government placed restrictions on travelling from Greece like a week after we got back, and Bermuda in October to visit my dad who lives out there... I think we got back from that like two weeks before it became difficult restrictions-wise too.

But yeah, not too bothered about not going away this year, too much hassle with the goalposts moving constantly.

Although saying that, I did see Liverpool to Rome (return) for £14 in September, so never say never :lol:
Mark
Chairman

Holidays

Post by Mark »

Not a bad price that, riise and Rome is lovely, been there twice and was supposed to go last year with Hollys parents for her dads 50th.

All UK holidays for us this year. We went to North Yorkshire for 4 nights in June. Off to Sherwood Forest next week for 4 nights to stay at a lodge with 6 adults, 2 kids and 4 dogs. Going to be fun :D

Then just a final holiday to the Lakes for a week at the end of August.

Don't mind not going abroad, plenty of places to visit in the UK! Likely to do the same next year.
riise
Awards Team

Holidays

Post by riise »

Mark wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:51 am Not a bad price that, riise and Rome is lovely, been there twice and was supposed to go last year with Hollys parents for her dads 50th.
Never been to Italy so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it!
Kaneman
VIP

Holidays

Post by Kaneman »

riise wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:47 am
Although saying that, I did see Liverpool to Rome (return) for £14 in September, so never say never :lol:
Insane price for any flight.
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Holidays

Post by Dermotron »

riise wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:54 am
Mark wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:51 am Not a bad price that, riise and Rome is lovely, been there twice and was supposed to go last year with Hollys parents for her dads 50th.
Never been to Italy so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it!
Unbelievable country to visit. Been 5 times and would happily only go there if I had to "choose one country to only go to again"

Rome is good but like a lot of tourist heavy cities and area's a bit a paradox - both under and overwhelming

Top tip, get the nutella ice cream if you find it
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Holidays

Post by Redknapp69 »

Rome is superb - as is anywhere in Italy I have been

Yep - UK hols this year for us!