American Football

riise
Community Team

Re: American Football

Post by riise »

I was thinking that it's nice to be happy with any combination of the remaining 4 teams meeting in the Super Bowl, usually willing a team to lose at this point (Eagles last year!), but then my mate pointed out the Taylor Swift coverage at the game would be unbearable... and I suppose I've seen enough of the Chiefs in the big game in the last few years.
Bringing the Boys Back Home - a story in which I attempt to succeed in England with a squad comprised exclusively of English players, only able to purchase English players that are based abroad.
Kevin
Hot Prospect for the Future

Post by Kevin »

Who'll be staying up for the privilege of watching the latest episode of the Taylor Swift show with a game of football thrown in? 😁

Do hope the 49'ers win, been too long since they won the big one and we don't want the Chiefs turning into the Patriots Mk.II
riise
Community Team

Post by riise »

I'll be up, booked in at a sports bar in town with a couple of mates. I think the game will be a crap spectacle but it's basically an end-of-season party ha.
Bringing the Boys Back Home - a story in which I attempt to succeed in England with a squad comprised exclusively of English players, only able to purchase English players that are based abroad.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Enjoy! Hope it is a decent game at least and close enough rather than a runaway win.
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Post by Dermotron »

Whoever decided to not cover Chris Jones on Purdy's final pass needs firing, even if it's Shanahan. Block him and its a simple pass to Aiyuk in the end zone.

Such a frustrating game. Dominated the opening half and only led by 7. I think if we'd manage to hit 17-3 the way the Chiefs were playing it was game over.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

It's going to get boring if the Chiefs aren't playing well and teams still find a way not to beat them. I'd already put the Bills/Dolphins/Eagles/Ravens/49'ers on that list 😫

Now looking forward to the annual spectacular of the draft which will soon roll around again, deja vu from last year and what do we do with the #1 pick? I've heard on the grapevine that Caleb Williams has made it known he doesn't want the Bears to pick him 🤔
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Post by Dermotron »

I think the Bears will get a chunk of picks from someone else and roll with Fields on a mid range contract. There's rumours of Fields to the Steelers but I'd imagine they would pay him less than the Bears. With Moore and whatever they convert trading the #1 for he'd be better set up than most other teams. Unless he doesn't fancy Chicago rather than the Bears, it's hard to see which team he fancies ending up on. He is from DC so maybe he wants to end up there.
riise
Community Team

Post by riise »

Commiserations Dermo, another tough pill to swallow I'm sure. I was neutral coming into it, but the Chiefs fans where were watching (like an organised fan club who had a large section of the bar) were doing my head in, so I was very much pro-49ers by the time the second half came around.