Boxing

AJ
Interactive Team

Re: Boxing

Post by AJ »

Mike was my hero when we were young. But he is quite old now and Paul, aside from being an obnoxious ass, is quite strong.

However much I share you sentiment, I fear age might be too much of a factor in this
GFRay
Reserve Team Player

Post by GFRay »

Have you seen the videos of Mike working out? He's a freaking beast even at the age of 57. Fast as hell and still lands sledgehammers. Sure, Jake has the cardio advantage but if Mike lands one of his punches I think he'll go KO.
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Post by Redknapp69 »

Agree with AJ and is probably just taking the $ as well to get floored - would be delighted if I was wrong though
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

Well.... what can you say, I'm sure we've all got out opinion on last nights Undisputed Fight

For me, Usyk is a deserved winner, personally, not by split, as I had him an easy 8-4 rounds. I couldn't make the call on who I thought would win, or who I wanted, but Round 9 - it was like when AJ knocked VK down, ws hard seeing it, and truth be told, seeing TF take a beating in the round, I thought the same, but, whilst a lot of people say, ref shouldnt of stepped in, fact is, it was a knock down, he was counted, and that, proved costly on the score cards, the Ref has a job to do to ensure no one is badly hurt, and he did so. What TF said at the end is disgusting, the war statement, very bitter, and I'd of got it, if I felt it was closer, but it wasn't. Was a great fight to watch

The under card fights were also very entertaining to watch too
Find me on YouTube and enjoy CM related content - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmoWKH ... wcF_cLC70w
evesham
VIP

Post by evesham »

Agreed Usyk deserved a unanimous win, UK TV had Fury up 5-2 after 7 rounds but i thought 4-3.
Credit to Fury somehow staying up in round 9 wow, but yeah the cheapshot about the war gaining sympathy points was uncalled for, I don't think Usyk heard/understood or he'd have been furious.
Fury should have stuck to the jab, body punch and uppercut more like when he rocked him in round 5.
Rematch is £££ ker-ching for them both, no doubt it will be a trilogy.
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Post by Redknapp69 »

Yeah - I have Usyk by 3

Problem is a boxer believes what his corner tell him sometimes and that's what happened with Fury when he didn't really push last 2 rounds

He might just bin if oof now after losing to a "little middleweight" - as Evesham says - chas may call him though

Brilliant from Usy - ridiculous how he came back in that 7th round after losing the previous few rounds very easily

Cheap shot indeed - no need for that but he must have thought it was closer than in reality
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

Was a good night all round, with all undercards providing some cracking entertainment - although I watched them all, it was the last 2 fights that were oif interest to me more than anything

Dubois did a good job on Hrgovic, came out flying, and dodged well to avoid having a smacker landed on him, then did enough with the cuts he inflicted

Then Zhang - what a guy - looked like he started to take a few Wilder punches, before, stepping up a gear, catching the american, and then that sweet hit that floored him, and possibly retired him in the process

Question is, what now, Dubois vs AJ, whilst Zhang activates a rematch clause with Parker? - who knows. We got Miller taking on Ruiz soon, that'll be an interesting bout, who knows if we'll see Tyson again - its all good
Find me on YouTube and enjoy CM related content - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmoWKH ... wcF_cLC70w
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Post by Redknapp69 »

Didnt manage to see the 5 v 5 last night but FRank's boys wiped the floor with Eddie Hearn :lol:

Yeah - some interesting match up's to be made in the heavyweight division

Mike Tyson v Jake Paul "delayed" then - shame he's having to go through this to get a few quid
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

Iv not interest in that fight what so ever, I'd love everyone to boycott a fight between a convicted rapist and a YouTuber