American Football

Moderator: Community Team

Dermotron
Backup Player

American Football

Post by Dermotron »

The early window of games yesterday was immense. Big game this evening for us versus the Bills. It's season over if we lose. Not that is a real chance of us doing much but sneaking into a play-off would be nice
IgishaA
Youth Team Player

American Football

Post by IgishaA »

From this season onwards they will give higher draft picks to teams that hire staff like coaches etc. that are POC. That's really not fair towards white people as many teams will hire less skillful POC staff just so they can benefit from draft picks. And I don't need to remind you about what happened in Kaepernick era. Stuff like that just turns me away from the sport.
FAC51
Youth Team Player

American Football

Post by FAC51 »

Dermotron wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:57 am The early window of games yesterday was immense. Big game this evening for us versus the Bills. It's season over if we lose. Not that is a real chance of us doing much but sneaking into a play-off would be nice
NFC West has turned out to be a really interesting division - and certainly the strongest. Clearly you have to win all of your remaining games, and it will have to involve Rams winning both of their remaining divisionals - but I think the real problem is the Seahawks having to lose against either the Jets or Washington.

Not sure how to separate the two teams on 10-6 as they would have both won a division game against the other team, I can't remember how it's worked out. Anyway...

Seahawks:
Dec 13 W v New York Jets
Dec 20 W @ Washington Football Team
Dec 27 L v Los Angeles Rams
Jan 3 L @ San Francisco 49ers

Rams:
Dec 10 L v New England Patriots
Dec 20 W v New York Jets
Dec 27 W @ Seattle Seahawks
Jan 3 W v Arizona Cardinals

Cards:
Dec 13 W @ New York Giants
Dec 20 L v Philadelphia Eagles
Dec 26 L v San Francisco 49ers
Jan 3 L @ Los Angeles Rams

Niners:
Dec 7 W v Buffalo Bills
Dec 13 W v Washington Football Team
Dec 20 W @ Dallas Cowboys
Dec 26 W @ Arizona Cardinals
Jan 3 W v Seattle Seahawks

I think that makes it...

Rams 11 5
Seahawks 10 6
Niners 10 6
Cards 8 8

Anything can happen - take last night for instance - the Giants stink and they managed the W.
FAC51
Youth Team Player

American Football

Post by FAC51 »

Sorry for getting your hopes up.
Dermotron
Backup Player

American Football

Post by Dermotron »

:D

We were very bad. It's almost like they lost to keep Saleh from going to Detroit!
Dermotron
Backup Player

American Football

Post by Dermotron »

Washington Vs The Giants for the NFC East :D I think the FT would have a better chance in the play-offs than the Giants, that's a proper defense that they have
Dermotron
Backup Player

American Football

Post by Dermotron »

In 3/5 Superbowls in Fantasy. It should be 4/5 but took a "flyer" on Goff instead of Murray . . . oh dear. Decent reasoning but eh, no.
hoboken16
Youth Team Player

American Football

Post by hoboken16 »

Sorry 55 years old New Yorker all my life and American Football and Politics don't mix. People watch sports to get away from the politics. Democrats and Republicans get along fine on a with wings and beers when they are rooting for the same team. I do agree there is definitely more grandstanding this year along with greed
hoboken16
Youth Team Player

American Football

Post by hoboken16 »

IgishaA wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:10 pm From this season onwards they will give higher draft picks to teams that hire staff like coaches etc. that are POC. That's really not fair towards white people as many teams will hire less skillful POC staff just so they can benefit from draft picks. And I don't need to remind you about what happened in Kaepernick era. Stuff like that just turns me away from the sport.
Where did you come up with that myth about draft picks
Dermotron
Backup Player

American Football

Post by Dermotron »

The WTF Vs Eagles game last night . . .
riise
Awards Team

American Football

Post by riise »

Dermotron wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:41 am The WTF Vs Eagles game last night . . .
I actually wasn't that offended by the farce. I had read before the game that they were planning to give Sudfeld some snaps, so that pretty much erased any hope I had - not that I had a lot of hope in the Eagles to win in normal conditions anyway.

Big weekend coming up, not sure I can monopolise the TV all weekend so if I'm forced to pick and choose I'm definitely making sure that I see Ravens @ Titans in the 18:00 Sunday slot! Just been eyeing up some betting opportunities and I fancy Washington to get closer to Tampa Bay than the bookies are suggesting (7.5)...
Dermotron
Backup Player

American Football

Post by Dermotron »

Looking for to Bills and Colts the most. I think it will start close with the Bills pulling away in the end. Colts have done well against RB's this year in general but not so good against mobile QBs. I think there's a bigger gap between the top and bottom of the AFC than the NFC
riise
Awards Team

American Football

Post by riise »

Dermotron wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:55 pm Looking for to Bills and Colts the most. I think it will start close with the Bills pulling away in the end. Colts have done well against RB's this year in general but not so good against mobile QBs. I think there's a bigger gap between the top and bottom of the AFC than the NFC
You love the Colts!
Dermotron
Backup Player

American Football

Post by Dermotron »

riise wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:54 pm
Dermotron wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:55 pm Looking for to Bills and Colts the most. I think it will start close with the Bills pulling away in the end. Colts have done well against RB's this year in general but not so good against mobile QBs. I think there's a bigger gap between the top and bottom of the AFC than the NFC
You love the Colts!
Absolutely.

Not.

Definitely rooting for the Browns after this

(there are 4 following posts too)
riise
Awards Team

American Football

Post by riise »

riise wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:30 pm
Dermotron wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:41 am The WTF Vs Eagles game last night . . .
Just been eyeing up some betting opportunities and I fancy Washington to get closer to Tampa Bay than the bookies are suggesting (7.5)...
Got +9 in the end luckily :D
Dermotron
Backup Player

American Football

Post by Dermotron »

Browns 28-0 up in the 1st quarter against the Steelers, a new record play-off lead in a quarter!

4 of the 6 games were dreadful
riise
Awards Team

American Football

Post by riise »

Bears @ Saints was certainly a tough watch, I maybe had football fatigue as I ended up double-screening so I could play the PS4 haha.
Dermotron
Backup Player

American Football

Post by Dermotron »

Ravens Vs Titans was poor too. The opening 20 minutes of Rams Vs Hawks was awful
Last edited by Dermotron on Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
riise
Awards Team

American Football

Post by riise »

Yeah certainly didn't live up to expectation.