TV Shows

Moderator: Community Team

Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Movie Ratings

Post by Offside Trap »

Cobra Kai (Series)

Having binged the new series yesteday (number 3) think its time for a review. As a whole, the series is great, more so if you were a fan, and have knowledge, of the Karate Kid films from back in the 80s.

Its a new perspective of the after-math of Karate Kid 1, where we see, there they are now, and series 3, really went back into the old school of the 2nd film from the late 80s. For me, Martin Kove is a legend, but seeing an aging man in a 1 on 1 fight, its poor. Acting wise, hes plays it brilliantly, and its fair to say, season 4 wont be too far away, and any fan can venture a good guess what will happen next, (if you've seen Karate Kid 3 film)

Although this may seem, a teenagers kind of film, well I guess it is, the history of it, is what gives it the edge, it would encourage the youth of today to revisit the classic Karate Kid film. Fair to say, Ralph Macchio does a decent job but the story is more so about Johnny, (William Zabka) who does a great job, and hope this is a real platform for him to do more stuff

7/10
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

TV Shows

Post by Redknapp69 »

Bury: Bringing Football Back - Very good insight into the sad demise of the club. Still don't understand what Steve Dale is up to! - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08sw2w0

The Story of SM:TV Live - Cat was fecking STUNNING back in the day and I liked this programme as a kid - good memories :lol: - https://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week ... -smtv-live
riise
Awards Team

TV Shows

Post by riise »

I've been watching Black Monday (Don Cheadle stars) on Sky. Nearly deleted it when clearing out my recordings, but though I'd give the first episode a go - very glad I did, it's brilliant! Finished the first series last night, there's a second queued up and there's meant to be a third, but I guess it would've been affected by the world shutting down.
riise
Awards Team

TV Shows

Post by riise »

riise wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:23 pm I've been watching Black Monday (Don Cheadle stars) on Sky. Nearly deleted it when clearing out my recordings, but though I'd give the first episode a go - very glad I did, it's brilliant! Finished the first series last night, there's a second queued up and there's meant to be a third, but I guess it would've been affected by the world shutting down.
Spoke too soon, second season has started off shit. First season still worth watching as a stand-alone though :P
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

TV Shows

Post by Redknapp69 »

Pembrokeshire Murders recently on ITV - very good (3 parter)
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

TV Shows

Post by Redknapp69 »

Watching "Industry" on BBC Iplayer about youngsters joining a finicial company - pretty good so far. Reminds me of "This Life" which must have been on 20+ years ago
London35
Decent Young Player

TV Shows

Post by London35 »

Vikings - finished the lot in just over a month!

Fantastic - Ragnar Lothbruck ...great character!

Worth a binge!
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

TV Shows

Post by Redknapp69 »

The Serpent - bloody brilliant!

Watching Marcella S3 now which is always a decent watch
London35
Decent Young Player

TV Shows

Post by London35 »

been told the serpent is good...will give it a go
theweeman
Youth Team Player

TV Shows

Post by theweeman »

Just finished watching s1 of prodigal son, so far its fab.
leovii
Reserve Team Player

TV Shows

Post by leovii »

Must watch shows

- Sopranos
- HBO Rome
A weird channel 4 show called UTOPIA a few years back story was excellent but only made a few series on it as it was replaced but some awful reality tv instead probably the budget but I think it had the potential to be one of the best tv series ever and not many people speak about it HBO in the U.S was suppose to remake it and complete the series but it never happened

It's very warpy in parts and unique tv opening scene below

Alias47
Decent Young Player

TV Shows

Post by Alias47 »

Watched the first episode of Marvel's Falcon and The Winter Soldier - thought it was a good start. Might not be for everyone but I'm a big kid and love all the superhero nonsense :lol:
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

TV Shows

Post by Redknapp69 »

Bloodlands on BBC i Player - brilliant
ZanSnake
Decent Young Player

TV Shows

Post by ZanSnake »

Got a long list of TV Shows I want to watch by end of the year.

Completed Gotham and Parks and Recreation.

On season 5 of Sons of Anarchy atm.

Its not too bad, but definitely feel it has gotten to the bit where the quality is starting to fade. I know theres another 2 seasons, so hopefully i can bare with :lol:
JonBetts
Patch Team

TV Shows

Post by JonBetts »

I've just started Breaking Bad season 5. I hadn't ever seen it until I started watching it about 6 months ago - mainly because so many people hyped it up, it kinda put me off! Anyway, I bloody love it :D

I've got a huge list of films and TV shows to watch. Problem is, I've also got a huge list of video games to play (my Steam library has about 600 unplayed games and I got Days Gone on the PS4 for Christmas). And all the stuff I'm doing for CM0102. Does anyone have Bernard's Watch I can borrow please? :lol:
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

TV Shows

Post by Offside Trap »

Although we've seen this before, and it is abit old school, we just smashed 5 seasons of...

Prison Break...

Now for me, season 1, their 1st break, is by far the best, mostly, as you don't know what to expect, so its all fresh, getting to know the main players etc... season 2, is okay, basically a good sequal to 1, but 3,4 really start to become repetative, and then 5, its as if you've gone full circle.

Wentworth Miller is very good, and plays his part good, Dominic Purcell is decent, plays the street hustler very good, his role in season 4 & 5, made no sense for a man who was death row in season 1. I felt Robert Knepper was brilliant, played his part better than anyone could, hating a character, proves theyve done a great job in it

On a scale, Ill only give 6/10 because I felt this became stale
ZanSnake
Decent Young Player

TV Shows

Post by ZanSnake »

In between seasons of Sons of Anarchy I am trying to watch a comedy season in between. At the end of season 3 it was Parks and Recreation, for Season 4 it's BoJack Horseman. I remember watching the first two seasons a few years ago, but stoppped for the new one but never got back into. Recently re-watching i am forgetting how good it is!
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

TV Shows

Post by Offside Trap »

In Sickness & In Health - 1985-1989 & Xmas Specials

Gone very old school here, as Ive binged this for maybe the 50th time in my life. This stuff does not get old, maybe not everyones cuppa tea. Season 2 by far the best in my opnion. Got less funny after Alf and Mrs H got together. Xmas specials are very good. The energy from Alf (the late Warren Mitchell) is out this world. Comody at its best, but stuff we wont see now adays

Its a 9/10 for me
U1bd2005
Youth Team Player

TV Shows

Post by U1bd2005 »

So what was everyone's views on Line of Duty last night, I was quite disappointed in the revealing of H.
ebfatz
Social Media Team

TV Shows

Post by ebfatz »

Horrible season finale.
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

TV Shows

Post by Redknapp69 »

Lined up for another series innit but seemed like a rushed episode for me - one of the worst I've seen for what is a phenomenal series
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

TV Shows

Post by Redknapp69 »

Watched a TV series called "Unforgotten" - rather good :ok: