Movie Ratings

Moderator: Community Team

Mark
Chairman

Movie Ratings

Post by Mark »

The Wedding Singer (1998) 7/10
One of the early Adam Sandler movies and the first with Drew Barrymore.

American Beauty (1999) 7/10
This is one of the more popular movies, isn't it? Didn't quite get the hype around it, tbh. Basically just an old man being very creepy!

The Time Traveler's Wife (2009) 8/10
Enjoyed this one, very cleverly written and gets emotional.

The Incredible Hulk (2008) 6/10
The Edward Norton version and Tim Roth as the bad guy. The latter works for me, but just didn't get into it as much as the other ones.

Moana (I) (2016) 7/10
Surprised I gave this a 7 at the time, but I suppose I did enjoy the historical element to the story.

The Wolf of Wall Street (2013) 8/10
Very long movie (3 hours) but worth it, as long as you are paying attention!

Iron Man 2 (2010) 7/10
The follow up with Mickey Rourke as the bad guy, it's not as good as the first but still worthy of watching.

Blended (2014) 7/10
Another Adam Sandler movie with Barrymore.

Why Him? (2016) 6/10
One of those comedy films that tries too hard. Had Bryan Cranston and Jame Franco in it.

Rogue One (2016) 7/10
Interesting spin-off movie from the Star Wars universe.
leovii
Reserve Team Player

Movie Ratings

Post by leovii »

Haven't watched movies for a long time but some I really enjoyed in the past

Martyrs (French Version) 8/10 the scene where the Martyr had her skinned peeled off and looking up to the cult leader freaked me out for days! There was some themes I disliked in the movie but can't say on this forum but overall for a psychological horror with some deep undertones to it I found it really good.

The Moon 8/10 last Kevin Spacey film I watched or ever would watch considering his pedolistic hollywood connections. The film centres around a worker on the moon alone and isolated and in this future what is real and hyper real will freak you out and hit you on an emotional level. The only form of interaction this worker has is a robot on the space station with a bright yellow happy face and video clips he receives from earth.

Terminator2 9/10 Just a classic great story and production even the special effects don't even look that dated considering how long ago the film was produced

Shutter Island 9/10 are all these murders staged or self delusion? is this island insane or is the federal agent insane ?or is he simply a patient there being psychologically experimented with and f**** with?
Mark
Chairman

Movie Ratings

Post by Mark »

Stardust (2007) 6/10
Why did I give this a 6?!

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) 6/10
Wolverine vs his brother, didn't really get into this storyline.

La La Land (2016) 8/10
Not bad, but don't get the hype around it at the time.

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991) 8/10
The best Robin Hood movie for me, and a classic.

Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007) 5/10
Poor sequel to the original. Also, always very strange seeing Captain America as a Fantastic Four!

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006) 7/10
The worse of them so far, imo. Certainly not as good as the first ones.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007) 8/10
Much better effort with his one.

Thor (2011) 7/10
Continuing with the Marvel movies.

Taken (I) (2008) 10/10
I love it, absolutely love it. Liam Neeson plays this one perfectly.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011) 6/10
My mistake, this was the worst of them all. Can see how it's just being milked now.
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Movie Ratings

Post by Offside Trap »

Rise Of The Footsoldier (2007) 8/10

Rise Of The Footsoldier 2 (2015) 6/10

Rise Of The Footsoldier 3 (Pat Tait Story) (2017) 10/10

Rise Of The Footsoldier 4 (Marbella) (2019) 7/10

Rise Of The Footsoldier 5 (Tony Tucker Story) (2021 Due Release)

I'm a big fan of the true story behind the events of the above films, but you have to ask yourself, "how many different perspectives do we wanna see?" the above don't include Bonded By Blood 1 & 2, neither The Fall Of The Essex Boys, and then of course you have the books that have been released by Carlton Leech and Bernard O'Mahoney and I'm guessing, many more too.

Ricci Harnett plays Carlton okay-ish. Has the London accent down to perfection, but in my opinion, Terry Stone who plays Tony Tucker, and Craig Fairbrass who plays Pat Tait, are in a different class. They play their roles superb, not sure, in the upcoming number 5, it'll have the same effect, given they are 14 years older from when they first played them. Other great actors that have appeared in the franchise, Frank Harper, Nick Nevern, Andrew Loveday, Tony Denham, Neil Maskell, and others, but one that sticks out for me, as possibly the best of the lot... Billy Murray, who plays Mickey Steels

Ther person who lets it all down, in my opinion, is Roland Manookian who plays Craig Rolfe, I feel hes too basic and bland, and feel, his character was played much better by Simon Phillips
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Movie Ratings

Post by Redknapp69 »

I didn't mind the franchise - Craig Fairbrass is quality - wahahahah
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Movie Ratings

Post by Offside Trap »

Vengeance (2020) Billy Murray & Leslie Grantham

Had real high expectations on this, although it was released 2 years after the passing of Dirty Den, this sort of film is right up his street, and then theres good old Don Beech or Johnny Allen, whichever you refer him as, I think hes class. Firstly theres a few references to Eastendersm and only reason I picked up on it, was because, its when Albert Square was at its peak (imo) for gangsters, and it was a scene in the pub, which included both these actors.

However, seeming very similar to 'We Still Kill The Old Way' it was shocking, I like a bit of dramatic music, but this was crazy, and the daft part for me, when we had a scene of 2 people chatting, it seemed to go on forever, and it was prolonged, maybe to extend the film minutes

It had the storyline, but not the real gritty part, we as fans, all wanna see. It was a rushed ending, and several things not concluded. The worse part, is it was left open for a number 2, which for me, just topped off. So its a 2/10
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Movie Ratings

Post by Offside Trap »

Nemesis (2021) Billy Murray & Nick Moran

This was pretty decent, and had a decent cast to make it work. I felt Frank Harper didnt deliver no where near his best, but the main 2, were exceptional. The story is very good, and worth a watch, I woudnt put it on par with Football Factory or anything like that, but if you like this sort of stuff normally, you'll enjoy this - 6/10
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Movie Ratings

Post by Offside Trap »

Hobbs & Shaw - 2019 - Dwayne Johnson & Jason Statham

The way these 2 work together is just sheer class. With the concept of the F & F Francise added in, (sounds and cars) the storyline is great. I dont under estimate this, and think it was too much, far from it, Idris Elba is a superb bad guy, and the small cameos from Ryan Reynolds and Kevin Hart, just adds to the funny part of this film. Vanessa Kirby also does a great job in this, and the cameo from Helen Mirron, is also superbly played.

I don't often give such ratings like I will for this, as it takes alot to please me, but I watched this film again this morning (3rd time I think total) and you can't help but love it. Not a fan of leaving the film with a ? so to speak, but who knows, but in fairness, these two front poster boys worked great in F & F 8, and that continued into this great film

Easy 10/10 from me
riise
Awards Team

Movie Ratings

Post by riise »

Lion – 7/10. I was vaguely aware of the plot already but was still surprised by it (Indian kid gets lost, later adopted by Australian family). Thought it was headed for an 8 but I much preferred the first half to the second.

Song to Song – 6/10. Nearly turned this off after about 15 mins, but had nothing else to do and ended up thinking it was ok, though I’m still not entirely sure what it was about. Apparently the initial cut was 8 hours… glad they got it down to 2. Helluva cast though (Blanchett, Fassbender, Gosling, Mara, Portman).

Logan Lucky – 6/10. It was alright. I expected more, which is probably my own fault. Daniel Craig has a supporting role playing very against type, which was entertaining.

Jexi – 6/10. Bloke gets bullied by the Siri-like thing on his phone. Completely pointless but actually had some funny bits which stopped it being terrible.

Wonder – 6/10. Don’t think I’m the target audience for this but it was alright, wasn’t bored.

Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates – 5/10. A comedy that isn’t particularly funny, closer to a 4 than a 6.

Zeroville – 5/10. Another boring James Franco vanity project. The fact it was filmed in 2014 but not released until 2019 should’ve been a red flag.

People Places Things – 7/10. I assume this was on my watchlist cos of Jemaine Clement (Flight of the Conchords). Fairly standard indie fare, but I enjoyed it.

Promising Young Woman – 6/10. It’s been 10 years since Drive but I still love me some Carey Mulligan. This was alright, don’t really understand the awards buzz around it, beyond it just being the right film at the right time.

Secret in Their Eyes – 6/10. I seem to say this a lot, but no idea why this was on my watchlist. Big-name main cast but nobody I particularly care about. Anyway, it was ok considering it’s not my thing (Crime/Drama/Mystery/Thriller) - ex-cop pursues an old case so jumps back and forth a lot.
riise
Awards Team

Movie Ratings

Post by riise »

Offside Trap wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:47 pm Hobbs & Shaw - 2019 - Dwayne Johnson & Jason Statham

The way these 2 work together is just sheer class. With the concept of the F & F Francise added in, (sounds and cars) the storyline is great. I dont under estimate this, and think it was too much, far from it, Idris Elba is a superb bad guy, and the small cameos from Ryan Reynolds and Kevin Hart, just adds to the funny part of this film. Vanessa Kirby also does a great job in this, and the cameo from Helen Mirron, is also superbly played.

I don't often give such ratings like I will for this, as it takes alot to please me, but I watched this film again this morning (3rd time I think total) and you can't help but love it. Not a fan of leaving the film with a ? so to speak, but who knows, but in fairness, these two front poster boys worked great in F & F 8, and that continued into this great film

Easy 10/10 from me
This has been added to Netflix today if you fancy a fourth watch :D
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Movie Ratings

Post by Offside Trap »

Spiral: From the Book of Saw - 2021 - Chris Rock & Samuel L Jackson

Being a Saw fan, I've been looking forward to this, and having to wait an additional year, I finally got to watch it this morning.
Fair to say here, Chris Rock does a really good job, my only thing is that I cant help but take him as a comedy actor, or hearing his voice
as a hamster in Dr Doolittle, but never the less, he plays his role very good, and showcases hes got multi skills. Samuel L Jackson, who I really rate,
never seems to age, and is also very good, except, doesnt have enough screen time in my opinion

The film itself, isnt too bad, not as a good as I thought it would be, very Saw indeed, but the annoying part was the ending (Spoiler) but certainly
a film that when it gets to the nitty gritty, you think to yourself "Ahhhhh yeah that makes sense now" which is its purposes. Some good effects through out the film, but I do feel, abit more of the budget should've be spread more across props, lighting etc...

For me, its 6/10
riise
Awards Team

Movie Ratings

Post by riise »

Offside Trap wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:56 pm Fair to say here, Chris Rock does a really good job, my only thing is that I cant help but take him as a comedy actor, or hearing his voice
as a hamster in Dr Doolittle, but never the less, he plays his role very good, and showcases hes got multi skills. Samuel L Jackson, who I really rate,
never seems to age, and is also very good, except, doesnt have enough screen time in my opinion
I wasn't sure whether I'd be able to take him seriously in the fourth season of Fargo, but he does a good job and it'd probably be weird seeing him in a comedy now!