Halloween 5 - 1989 - The Revenge of Michael Myers
Halloween 6 - 1995 - The Curse of Michael Myers
Halloween 7 - 1998 - H20
Halloween 8 - 2002 - Resurrection
Halloween 1 - 2007
Halloween 2 - 2009
Halloween 1 - 2018
Halloween 2 - 2021 - Halloween Kills

Where to start with this franchise, im a fan, naturally, but I've plenty of negatives aswell as positives about the films. First starting in 1978, with Donald Pleasence as the main character, the 3rd installment (1982) had no bearing what so ever on the rest of the movies but I watched it and it was shocking. Im assuming a new angle was being tried, but for me, it was a disaster. No 4 & 5, I especially liked, as they continued on from No 2, and the start of No 5, saw how the serial killer - Myers - escaped. At the end of No 5, hes caught - again - and hes in chains in a cell - of course still with his mask on, but a new twist shows, hes being helped, by a team of people who of course he then slays all of them in No 6. During number 5, we actually see a fraction of his face, with a tear drop, which is rare. No 7 came out, as 20 years later, and wasn't too bad, and the ending was sure to be an end to the franchise, with a decapitation only for us to find out at the start of No 8, it was the wrong man (you gotta laugh) No 8 was weird, with another main start from the early films, Jamie Lee Curtis, having a small part, but dying at the beginning, and Buster Ryhmes playing a decent role, although abit of a shit :) as went onto the online reality side of things, but this was a poor showing, and using college kids, just made me feel like I was watching American Pie or something

Then came the remake of number 1 and 2 (with a new actor playing Dr Loomis), before 9 years after, we have a remake once again of number 1, with the return of Jamie Lee Curtis again - and if you dont already know, last week saw the release of a remake (again) of No 2. but Ive not had chance to watch this yet. Rhymes gave Myers a good battle, electrocuting him, and in theory, this is the last instalment, although despite being burnt to shreds, he did open his eyes at the very end. The remakes for me, (especially doing them twice) is poor, but like a mug - I watch them.

Its not horror like 'Ughhhhh' its more a case of that you get the music playing, drum role, and theres a scene showcasing a random garden fork, so you know where thats leading.

All in all - as a franchise 6/10
If a gum boil could boil oil, how much oil could a gum boil, boil, if a gum boil could boil oil ?
Mark
Chairman

Movie Ratings

Post by Mark »

Is it nearly Halloween by any chance? :D

We only got as far as the 4th or 5th one a couple of years ago, must get back to finishing them off!
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Movie Ratings

Post by Offside Trap »

Ent gonna lie here, several years back, went on a works party in Fancy Dress, I opted for an over sized Boiler Suit and a White Mask
If a gum boil could boil oil, how much oil could a gum boil, boil, if a gum boil could boil oil ?
Mark
Chairman

Movie Ratings

Post by Mark »

:lol:
London35
Hot Prospect for the Future

Movie Ratings

Post by London35 »

Dune - only the first part - Impressive to look at..sets up the story nicely.
Mark
Chairman

Movie Ratings

Post by Mark »

28 Days Later (2002) 7/10
Missus loves this, and I remember it well from my youth. Solid 7/10.

Iron Man 3 (2013) 7/10
Do think they made one too many Iron Man films now.

Beauty and the Beast (I) (2017) 7/10
The live action version, not sure why I gave it a 7. I must have been very generous back then!

The Wolverine (2013) 6/10
Average watch.

Back to the Future Part II (1989) 8/10
Excellent sequel.

When a Stranger Calls (2006) 4/10
Yawn!

Thor: The Dark World (2013) 6/10
Didn't particularly rate this follow-up to Thor.

10 Things I Hate About You (1999) 7/10
Cheesy teen movie, remember it well.

Back to the Future Part III (1990) 8/10
Another 8 for the third instalment. Enjoyed this wild west version.

Bruce Almighty (2003) 6/10
Not amazingly funny but not a bore either.
London35
Hot Prospect for the Future

Movie Ratings

Post by London35 »

Eternals - Lots of Marvel history dug into...overly long...sets up a few other films and TV series...

More guardians like than Iron man

good addition to the series though
Alias47
Reserve Team Player

Movie Ratings

Post by Alias47 »

Watched the new Bond movie, No Time To Die, was pleasantly surprised - better than I had expected. I feared the worst that they would totally emasculate him in this era of 'woke' and I'd seen in the trailer they'd given the 007 designation to a black woman, but there wasn't as much of that guff as I feared and Rami Malek made a good villain.

Also saw one of the newest Marvel fare, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, it was enjoyable enough schlock - what can you say it's Marvel doing what Marvel does. Shut off your brain and enjoy it for what it is.

Both get 6 or 7 out of 10 or thereabouts. I'd say 6.5 but what am I, the Queen of England?! Actually, nobody answer that I realise I've left myself open to all sorts there... :P
Mark
Chairman

Movie Ratings

Post by Mark »

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) 8/10
Steady enough.

Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014) 9/10
Really enjoyed this, decent action flick.

The Usual Suspects (1995) 7/10
Initial rating is a 7, need to watch it again though.

Hot Fuzz (2007) 7/10
Pegg/Frost classic, possibly their 2nd best.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) 7/10
Still not entirely sure why they dropped Garfield as Spiderman. The new kid is decent but seems harsh on Garfield.

Deep Blue Sea (1999) 4/10
Oh boy! Remember this being billed as a blockbuster when it came out. Awful :D

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003) 5/10
Nowhere near as good as the first two imo.

Father of the Bride Part II (1995) 6/10
Steady 6 for this family comedy.

X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) 6/10
In comes McAvoy.

Sing (2016) 6/10
Yawn. Not the best, but not bad either.
Maxxx17
Youth Team Player

Movie Ratings

Post by Maxxx17 »

My list of favorite movies is pretty long. So I don't see the point in writing it. I can tell you about one in particular. If I had to choose from my entire list. I think it would be Mortal Kombat (2021). I dug it up on 123movies and I was amazed. I loved the movie. Both in plot and special effects. The execution of the magic. With fire, thunderstorms, and especially what Sab-Zero did with water. Didn't like that they made him too cool in relation to the other characters. There's a movie from 1995. Of course 26 years later the special effects possibilities have increased considerably. The fatalities alone are worth it. And what Kung Lao did with his hat in the sand. That's particularly pleasing. Also a hole in the body of one of the heroes after Sonja mastered magic. Raiden's magic also pleased me in this movie. Of the funny moments I was amused by Kano's jokes about Kung Lao and Liu Kang. I think fans of the games will like it.