TV Shows

Moderator: Community Team

Alias47
Reserve Team Player

TV Shows

Post by Alias47 »

Speaking of Amazon Prime - did anyone watch "The Wheel of Time"? I remember people mentioning the book series in the 'Books' thread, but I haven't read any of them personally.

Thought it was a bit naff myself, quite disappointing.

But I bring it up because I read today that Amazon have renewed it not just for a season 2, but a season 3 also. I guess we'll see how it goes... :?

Offside Trap
Network Game Team

TV Shows

Post by Offside Trap »

Designated Survivor - 2016-2019 - Kiefer Sutherland

I'm not a politics person, by no means, and if truth be told, it was the wife who got me watching this, and have to say, its very good. Was an education for someone like me :) Kiefer is a right chip off the old block with a superb performance. Plenty of sub stories from the political side of things, to keep you second guessing. A side track of CIA type of stuff, which added another element to it all. If you're a fan of these sort of setups, then I'd expect a 10/10, as its not normally by type (as Im an Expendables fan) I'll give it a 7/10

I felt 4 seasons was bang on, anything more, would've made the series too stale, and covering way too much or repeating storylines. Personally don't like it (in any program) when a character goes out of it, and its not scripted in, they just disappear, :)

Worth a watch for anyone
If a gum boil could boil oil, how much oil could a gum boil, boil, if a gum boil could boil oil ?
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

TV Shows

Post by Offside Trap »

Squid was pretty decent tbh, and if truth be told, I only watched it because my teenage daughters told me it was trending like, everywhere, and then I kept reading about this series with a famous kids game "Piggy Behind The Curtain" so, it got me. Binged it with my wife, although not a fan of watching stuff thats English dubbed, really spoils it, but having to get used to that now, as wife is a big "Money Heist' fan, and a load of other stuff thats doing the rounds on Netflix
If a gum boil could boil oil, how much oil could a gum boil, boil, if a gum boil could boil oil ?
London35
Reserve Team Player

TV Shows

Post by London35 »

"From" Spooky tv Drama available on Epix ...but can be streamed on your usual streaming websites *wink* - its decent..has a "LOST" vibe about it...a lot of head scratching and WTF is going on moments..but a good watch

HALO - a tv series from the game...VERY sci fi - obviously...has a Babylon 5 feel about it..looks like it could be a slow burner

TOP BOY - awesome....one too many storylines...by they all tie up at the end....last episodes is a wowser..shocker of an ending...

MoonKnight - a great openeing episode...bit diff to the usual MARVEL tv series....new character...slightly diff way of telling the story....Isaacs is quality !
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

TV Shows

Post by Dermotron »

Only started watching Parks & Recreation recently. What a show. Fair play to the writers and backers for coming back for season 2 as season 1 wasn't great bar the last 2 episodes. Ron Swanson is some legend.
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

TV Shows

Post by Dermotron »

Alias47 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:33 pm Speaking of Amazon Prime - did anyone watch "The Wheel of Time"? I remember people mentioning the book series in the 'Books' thread, but I haven't read any of them personally.

Thought it was a bit naff myself, quite disappointing.

But I bring it up because I read today that Amazon have renewed it not just for a season 2, but a season 3 also. I guess we'll see how it goes... :?

Major disappointment if the story isn't too bad. The volume of CGI is too much. The trollocs are just the Uruk-hai from LOTR.

A bit like yourself, I took the free Amazon Prime to trial to bing watch it. Not much else on Prime worth keeping it
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

TV Shows

Post by Dermotron »

Stranger Things. Even if it's not your cup of tea genre wise, what a show. Thought the current season started quite badly, like a show thats ran its course. But I think that was an intentional hook for S4 Part 1. Roll on July
London35
Reserve Team Player

TV Shows

Post by London35 »

Dermotron wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:57 am Stranger Things. Even if it's not your cup of tea genre wise, what a show. Thought the current season started quite badly, like a show thats ran its course. But I think that was an intentional hook for S4 Part 1. Roll on July
prob the best season since the first
ep 4 and 7 were spot on!
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

TV Shows

Post by Offside Trap »

Better Call Saul (2015 - 2022)

Normally, i'd speak very positive of this, and its script, and the acting isn't too bad, but, this is merely a prequel to 'Breaking Bad' which I have a real bee in my bonnet about. Having watched the latter, you already know who will 100% survive in this, so can conclude a storyline as it starts. The thens the aging of the people who were in both series, and how there's a poor job of them, in how theyve not been made to look any younger. I do enjoy Cartel related stuff, and this can be pretty brutal, so right up my street in that sense. The guy that plays 'Saul' (Bob Odenkirk) imo, is the wrong choice for this role, but just an opinion. The last season I understand the current season will be the last, so Im assuming it will loop into the latter franchise, I'm not sure, as these are weekly released. Never the less - 6/10
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

TV Shows

Post by Dermotron »

London35 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:38 pm
Dermotron wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:57 am Stranger Things. Even if it's not your cup of tea genre wise, what a show. Thought the current season started quite badly, like a show thats ran its course. But I think that was an intentional hook for S4 Part 1. Roll on July
ep 4 and 7 were spot on!
After hearing Running Up the Hill (no1 globally on Spotify) this morning I think I'll have to rewatch the last 2 episodes again
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

TV Shows

Post by Dermotron »

Offside Trap wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:37 am Better Call Saul (2015 - 2022)

Normally, i'd speak very positive of this, and its script, and the acting isn't too bad, but, this is merely a prequel to 'Breaking Bad' which I have a real bee in my bonnet about. Having watched the latter, you already know who will 100% survive in this, so can conclude a storyline as it starts. The thens the aging of the people who were in both series, and how there's a poor job of them, in how theyve not been made to look any younger. I do enjoy Cartel related stuff, and this can be pretty brutal, so right up my street in that sense. The guy that plays 'Saul' (Bob Odenkirk) imo, is the wrong choice for this role, but just an opinion. The last season I understand the current season will be the last, so Im assuming it will loop into the latter franchise, I'm not sure, as these are weekly released. Never the less - 6/10
It's hard to get into as the pace is very different to Breaking Bad. I thought it had stopped production so haven't watched since like season 3. Might pick it up again.
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

TV Shows

Post by Offside Trap »

Annie (the wife) loves it, I read up this morning, theres still 5 or so more episodes, but theyve taken a couple months break
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

TV Shows

Post by Dermotron »

Dermotron wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:17 am
London35 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:38 pm
ep 4 and 7 were spot on!
After hearing Running Up the Hill (no1 globally on Spotify) this morning I think I'll have to rewatch the last 2 episodes again
Kate Bush making 250k a week since the episode featuring the song as she is the sole rights owner on the song. Some legend
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

TV Shows

Post by Dermotron »

So I started watching Cobra Kai, what a show. Nostalgia overload but doesn't over cheese it. I'm only at ep3 s2 so no spoilers please!
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

TV Shows

Post by Dermotron »

Didn't think I could dislike a fictional character more than Ray from Remember The Titans but take bow
► Show Spoiler