Star Wars

Mark
Chairman

Star Wars

Post by Mark »

Anyone here a fan of Star Wars?

Having only ever watched the movies, I'm considering watching them all in chronological order alongside the TV series associated with Star Wars as well. The missus has signed us up to Disney Plus so seems achieveable!

I've found two different lists to follow:

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a8257 ... last-jedi/

https://www.radiotimes.com/movies/how-t ... /#COMPLETE

The latter seems more extensive, including the Lego Star Wars too but as far as I can tell, there are some Yoda Chronicles missing from Disney Plus.
Mark
Chairman

Star Wars

Post by Mark »

Oh man, just found this as well if you want to include books, comics and video games :lol: Don't think I'll be going that far though!

https://i.redd.it/e8gvlytokz741.png
ebfatz
Social Media Team

Star Wars

Post by ebfatz »

Never been a massive Star Wars fan but did watch Episodes I to IX with the kids during Lockdown.

Not a big Marvel fan either but plan on watching all of those in order at some point, also on Disney+.
Find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Search
: TheEbFatz
Coys
Update Team (Coach)

Star Wars

Post by Coys »

I'm probably in the minority here, but I prefer the prequels over EP's 4, 5 and 6.

Shoot me.
Mark
Chairman

Star Wars

Post by Mark »

ebfatz wrote: ↑Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:49 pm Never been a massive Star Wars fan but did watch Episodes I to IX with the kids during Lockdown.

Not a big Marvel fan either but plan on watching all of those in order at some point, also on Disney+.
I wouldn't consider myself a big fan either, but just thought I'd try and watch them in order.

Holly and I are actually going through Marvel at the moment. I'll set up a separate thread for that :lol:
Mark
Chairman

Star Wars

Post by Mark »

Coys wrote: ↑Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:48 pm I'm probably in the minority here, but I prefer the prequels over EP's 4, 5 and 6.

Shoot me.
Haha, so the young Anakin versions? I get why there is criticism but I don't think they are as bad as they are made out to be.
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Star Wars

Post by Here2Win79 »

The latest three make the prequels look like Dostoevsky. From a movie perspective, just watch the three from the 80s and maybe the heist spin off - rogue something or other? The prequels have more politics in them than Prime Minister's questions and the latest three require a pre-frontal lobotomy to be tolerable. I swore I'd never pay to watch a star wars movie again after the awful eighth and I'm glad to say I haven't. When I'm 90 and dementia leads to me watching again, I'll still be able to work out how to destroy those three rebel ships whilst the entire first order fleet slowly chase them like highway cops following OJ Simpson. "Listen, Admiral Ginger Fuckwit," I will scream at the screen. "They can't go into hyperspace. You can. Send half your fucking fleet through hyperspace, beyond the rebels' linear trajectory, and then shoot the shit out of them from the front and back simultaneously." Then the nurse will come and sedate me from the misery of having to watch that stupid fucking film again, written by some absolute tool who thinks they are fighting a naval battle (see also the 'bombing' scene at the beginning, why the fuck would you bomb a fucking spaceship you absolute moron?) instead of a space battle. God damn I hate how desperately stupid that movie thinks we are.

And breathe.
I've never watched any of the series, they seem to get a lot more love than the movies but seem very lore heavy to me. Not sure about the voice acting.
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Star Wars

Post by Dermotron »

On film 7 of a full run. Stand out thing I've missed over the years, Mark Hamill is not a very good actor.
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Star Wars

Post by Dermotron »

Still the greatest thing ever put on YouTube

Craig Forrest
Youth Team Player

Re: Star Wars

Post by Craig Forrest »

Your friendly neighborhood Star Wars nerd here to inject some life into the SW thread.

Not only am I probably the biggest SW nerd you know, but I also play "dress-up for charity" with the rest of the nerdy Star Wars folks across the world.

Lots of stuff already out there, and lots more coming in the near future.

And it's like pizza... even the bad ones are still good :D

Like I keep telling folks... art is subjective and what one set of fans like might not appeal to another. You don't need to enjoy all the food at the buffet to still like the buffet, you know?
Craig Forrest
Youth Team Player

Post by Craig Forrest »

Mark wrote: ↑Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:43 pm Anyone here a fan of Star Wars?

Having only ever watched the movies, I'm considering watching them all in chronological order alongside the TV series associated with Star Wars as well. The missus has signed us up to Disney Plus so seems achieveable!

I've found two different lists to follow:

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a8257 ... last-jedi/

https://www.radiotimes.com/movies/how-t ... /#COMPLETE

The latter seems more extensive, including the Lego Star Wars too but as far as I can tell, there are some Yoda Chronicles missing from Disney Plus.
I know I'm 2 years late, but if you want the "normal SW dive" or the "deep SW dive" I can give you a proper list :D
AJ
Interactive Team

Post by AJ »

I agree with you on the pizza thing.

Me and my boy (now 15 and a complete encyclopedia on anything SW) once made a list of how to watch the Star Wars things in the proper order. Thing was, he wanted to include all sorts of animated series and the Ewok movie.

We then decided to watch each and every Star Trek episode. Series and movies. We’re three years in now.

I love my son😁
Craig Forrest
Youth Team Player

Post by Craig Forrest »

AJ wrote: ↑Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:59 pm I agree with you on the pizza thing.

Me and my boy (now 15 and a complete encyclopedia on anything SW) once made a list of how to watch the Star Wars things in the proper order. Thing was, he wanted to include all sorts of animated series and the Ewok movie.

We then decided to watch each and every Star Trek episode. Series and movies. We’re three years in now.

I love my son😁
I have a spreadsheet too (minus the Ewok movie), but honestly most of the animated SW series are better than the movies :D

The wife and I will be re-watching Star Trek in chronological order soon enough ;)
AJ
Interactive Team

Post by AJ »

please share the spreadsheet {)
Craig Forrest
Youth Team Player

Post by Craig Forrest »

I will make sure to update it to the current season of Bad Batch and then share
Mark
Chairman

Post by Mark »

Deep dive, CF! I like ticking things off :D
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Post by Dermotron »

I've tried about 10 times to watch Rogue One and I keep falling asleep through it. The spin off series have been ace
Craig Forrest
Youth Team Player

Post by Craig Forrest »

Mark wrote: ↑Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:34 am Deep dive, CF! I like ticking things off :D
Voila!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/j8linujl ... 5rwba&dl=0

Everything currently canon (TV and Movies) is on there except for the Young Jedi Adventures.

Clone Wars takes a season to really get going, but it's probably one of the best written Star Wars shows. They didn't release episodes in chronological order though but they are listed that way on my spreadsheet.

Resistance is a bit more kid-oriented, but does lead nicely into the sequels.

Bad Batch has just started season 3 so I stuck a placeholder in there for it

Everything is colour-coded for my ADHD brain to see better :D
Craig Forrest
Youth Team Player

Post by Craig Forrest »

Dermotron wrote: ↑Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:49 pm I've tried about 10 times to watch Rogue One and I keep falling asleep through it. The spin off series have been ace
That's probably tied for my favourite SW movie now with Empire Strikes Back. I do enjoy a dark "no one is getting out of this alive" movie from time to time :D
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Post by Dermotron »

Craig Forrest wrote: ↑Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:41 pm
Dermotron wrote: ↑Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:49 pm I've tried about 10 times to watch Rogue One and I keep falling asleep through it. The spin off series have been ace
That's probably tied for my favourite SW movie now with Empire Strikes Back. I do enjoy a dark "no one is getting out of this alive" movie from time to time :D
Another 10 seasons of the Mandalorian would be acceptable
Craig Forrest
Youth Team Player

Post by Craig Forrest »

Dermotron wrote: ↑Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:50 pm
Craig Forrest wrote: ↑Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:41 pm
Another 10 seasons of the Mandalorian would be acceptable
I think only 1 more, and then they wrap up that plus Ahsoka S02 with a movie :D
Mark
Chairman

Post by Mark »

Nice one, CF. I plan to start working my way through that once I've finished Star Trek which I've never seen before. Just finished Next Generations and starting Deep Space Nine but that's probably worth its own thread :D
Craig Forrest
Youth Team Player

Post by Craig Forrest »

DS9 is probably my favourite of the Star Treks.... way more character development and I love the fact it's the only ST show that is "stationary"... the stories come to them, rather than them being out exploring.

First season is a bit rough though, but stick to it... it's worth it.
AJ
Interactive Team

Post by AJ »

DS9 is the only Star Trek series I’ve never finished. But that will soon change once we finish TNG.

Funny to see so many of us like both Star Wars and Star Trek 😁
Craig Forrest
Youth Team Player

Post by Craig Forrest »

SW and ST are both fantastic (for the most part :D)