Dream Team League - Discussion

riise
Community Team

Re: Dream Team League - Discussion

Post by riise »

Mark wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:55 pm OK guys, I made a start on rebuilding our DTL activities in the 3.9.65 database but once again, hitting errors. Despite running release them all on the editor, which does show all players as released - the original players are still showing up in the game itself.
Are you running the editor as admin? :D
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

All good Mark

As you said, 3.9.68 & above will be more stable, personally I blame it all on Trunky
Find me on YouTube and enjoy CM related content - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmoWKH ... wcF_cLC70w
Mark
Chairman

Post by Mark »

riise wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:26 pm
Mark wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:55 pm OK guys, I made a start on rebuilding our DTL activities in the 3.9.65 database but once again, hitting errors. Despite running release them all on the editor, which does show all players as released - the original players are still showing up in the game itself.
Are you running the editor as admin? :D
:lol: The thought had occurred to me :lol:

I will point out though that having switched to 3.9.68, then ran release them all - it's worked right away! Must just not be compatible with 3.9.65. Possibly .67 as well, AMC, so although I'd love to play on a DB that I've personally never used before, I think for the longevity of the DTL, it makes sense!

Question for Derm though, and anyone else if they know the answer - If I were to clear the club competition histories for PL, League Cup, FA Cup, etc - would this have an effect on the game even after I add the last 5 years worth of DTL winners, etc? I know clearing it completely causes errors, but if there are a handful of histories in there, would it still work?

If no-one knows the answer, I'll do some testing to be sure!

Also Derm (or anyone else!), what's the latest tool nowadays to be able to import competition/player histories into the database? Is there one that does both? Thinking it makes sense now that we're on 3.9.68, to compile the histories into a spreadsheet for importing into all future databases now.
trunky
Squad Rotation Player

Post by trunky »

I would like to point out that I was an early advocate for .68 and therefore wish to claim my prize.
evesham
VIP

Post by evesham »

Damnnn I spent 2 hours on .65 evaluating my depreciating piles of horse dung, ah well I'm sure on .68 things can only get worse :)
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Post by Dermotron »

Mark wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:29 am

Question for Derm though, and anyone else if they know the answer - If I were to clear the club competition histories for PL, League Cup, FA Cup, etc - would this have an effect on the game even after I add the last 5 years worth of DTL winners, etc? I know clearing it completely causes errors, but if there are a handful of histories in there, would it still work?
Once the last winner is there I don't think it makes any difference.

Mark wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:29 am Also Derm (or anyone else!), what's the latest tool nowadays to be able to import competition/player histories into the database? Is there one that does both? Thinking it makes sense now that we're on 3.9.68, to compile the histories into a spreadsheet for importing into all future databases now.
The History Project Tool Works fine. Are you planning to move the start year? If no just make sure to compensate for the adjustment e.g. either remove the previous 5 seasons and add our 5 seasons or move the whole lot back 5 seasons. If you are just putting our data clear all the history for the comp and replace it with ours, should be no issue. Just a note, 2000 in the DB is the winner of the 2000/01 season.

On that note, if you have Colchester in a text file as 2001 winners, in History Project Tool you must go back 1 year. Yeah, a pain in the hole but zozoa was having none of it when I asked him to change it :lol:
trunky
Squad Rotation Player

Post by trunky »

Just checked a few players to see PA/ CA stats.

For me Mendieta is the biggest loser...down 10 or so of each but loses his DM role and just becomes a winger. Gilberto Silva (+18/+20), Ballack (+28/+14) and Jan Koller (+12/+14) are among my biggest risers.

For other players the biggest rise I checked was Puyol (+32/+39) and Pirlo (+7/+39).
AMC
VIP

Post by AMC »

Cheers mate.
Dweatherston11
Official Challenge Team

Post by Dweatherston11 »

PUYOL! Going to turn Leeds in to better than mid table fodder overnight.
Mark
Chairman

Post by Mark »

Dermotron wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:55 am
Mark wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:29 am

Once the last winner is there I don't think it makes any difference.

Mark wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:29 am Also Derm (or anyone else!), what's the latest tool nowadays to be able to import competition/player histories into the database? Is there one that does both? Thinking it makes sense now that we're on 3.9.68, to compile the histories into a spreadsheet for importing into all future databases now.
The History Project Tool Works fine. Are you planning to move the start year? If no just make sure to compensate for the adjustment e.g. either remove the previous 5 seasons and add our 5 seasons or move the whole lot back 5 seasons. If you are just putting our data clear all the history for the comp and replace it with ours, should be no issue. Just a note, 2000 in the DB is the winner of the 2000/01 season.

On that note, if you have Colchester in a text file as 2001 winners, in History Project Tool you must go back 1 year. Yeah, a pain in the hole but zozoa was having none of it when I asked him to change it :lol:
Thanks mate, this is good news as otherwise, I was going to have to change this manually! I'll likely do it manually for this time around as (I think?) I can then export the histories and use that as a template for future imports! Thanks for the tip about the tool, I think I was planning on having the latest histories (i.e. season 5) recorded as 2001 in the editor...
Mark
Chairman

Post by Mark »

So all transfers from season 1 so far have been rebuilt in the 3.9.68 and Derm was right, all competition histories are working OK after clearing and just adding the one row to track our winners from that year.

Our little DTL world will look pretty cool once it's been fully rebuilt with stats, etc:

And yes, I've also decided to clear the international caps/goals and add these to anyone who were capped under the DTL management. Mixes it up a little more when you see that for example Hasney Aljofree has 5 caps for England!
Mark
Chairman

Post by Mark »

Season 2 all up to speed now, statistics starting to stack up and nice to see how players have been moving around, even if they didn't feature for their club after quick trades:

trunky
Squad Rotation Player

Post by trunky »

Are you going to have to do all this before the start of the season again? After the haggles/ cpu sales and auctions?

And surely you should have started at 96/97 to give us 5 years worth before 01/02? You have it on the cups, just not on the players.
Mark
Chairman

Post by Mark »

Hmm... I've fucked up there, haven't I?
AJ
Interactive Team

Post by AJ »

Mark wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:25 am Hmm... I've fucked up there, haven't I?
:mrgreen:
Dweatherston11
Official Challenge Team

Post by Dweatherston11 »

Hows Nicola ventola getting on!?
Mark
Chairman

Post by Mark »

trunky wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:05 am Are you going to have to do all this before the start of the season again? After the haggles/ cpu sales and auctions?

And surely you should have started at 96/97 to give us 5 years worth before 01/02? You have it on the cups, just not on the players.
I knew there was a reason I'd started with 1997. If you look at Shearer's history in the editor, he has 37/23 for 2001 in the database. It just doesn't show up in the game for some reason.

However, I've downloaded the zozoa history project now so I'll be making sure that this gets mass-imported via text file rather than manually entering it which will be easier for future imports.
AMC
VIP

Post by AMC »

I may be in the minority but this seems a lot of hard work and trouble for something I (and probably others) won’t look at in game.
trunky
Squad Rotation Player

Post by trunky »

AMC wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:29 pm I may be in the minority but this seems a lot of hard work and trouble for something I (and probably others) won’t look at in game.
Mark will, and that's the point I think. Plus he's learning a new skill.

I'll look as well as I love a good stat.
Mark
Chairman

Post by Mark »

Coming soon... the first unofficial save on 3.9.68!
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Post by Redknapp69 »

I've completely forgotten where we are

Is next steps a save and then CPU bids?

When does HAGGLE window open/close?
AJ
Interactive Team

Post by AJ »

Redknapp69 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 3:40 pm I've completely forgotten where we are

Same here. Completely at a loss. Old age kicking in.
riise
Community Team

Post by riise »

Redknapp69 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 3:40 pm I've completely forgotten where we are

You had just given me Cafu for free :)
Mark
Chairman

Post by Mark »

:D It's been that long, hasn't it?!

I'll be uploading CPU bids once I've uploaded the first unofficial save game. Just to help you guys remember who's in your squads, and what their stats are like in comparison to 3.9.60.

There might even be some retired players?! If that's the case, you'll get offered cash in the CPU bids.
trunky
Squad Rotation Player

Post by trunky »

A big fucking...whooop!