Dream Team League - Discussion

Moderator: Interactive Team

AMC
Official Challenge Team

Post by AMC »

Even a couple of million could make quite a bit of difference.
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

So on the recent save upload, checking my Wolves squad, aswell as the 33 players I knew I had, it says I got David Kobylik and Wei Hu, both of which when you click on them, then shows their proper team, but they're there as if I can select them for a match. Is this a bug or am I missing something,
ebfatz
Social Media Team

Post by ebfatz »

Its only a test save for now so I wouldn't worry too much!
Mark
Chairman

Post by Mark »

AMC wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:08 am Other than fighting against relegation, is there any benefits of me starting in League Two as opposed to the Prem? Given that regardless how bad I fair in the Prem I will still get more prize money than if I win every game in League Two.
Easier games at that level. The teams in the top flight build world class squads, which makes it far tougher to compete in. Those in 2nd Div won't have anywhere near as much quality and in some cases, they don't even fill up their squad throughout the season. Hence why the reward isn't as great. If you start at that level, you'll blitz the league just as trunky has done every single time he drops down there.

If trunky had actually won the FA Cup, he'd have won a bit more. As it goes, AJ was the only one to actually win silverware, hence why he got the 10m.

It seems a little like nitpicking really, as the reward is only between 1m to 10m. It's not a substantial difference, the DTL has always been about managing your finances via P2P deals, auctions and CPU sales. FYI - As a new manager, you will actually get bids on the new players. There's just no guarantee that there'll be bids for the managers who kept their players from season 1. Some will, some won't.

As you've already picked Hull, and I've already added all players into the Hull squad, modified the club in the database in terms of reps/finances/chairman and assistant attributes, set up a Hull thread in your name, tracked all transfers in the overall transfers thread under the Hull crest, etc, I wouldn't be looking to change teams now as I am not going to re-do it all if you are changing your mind having picked Hull nearly a month ago.

May as well stick with Hull at this rate, and you'll likely find yourself in the 1st Div next season with ease. Think there's only riise and me there, and no doubt my awful squad will struggle in the playoffs :D
Mark
Chairman

Post by Mark »

Offside Trap wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:43 pm So on the recent save upload, checking my Wolves squad, aswell as the 33 players I knew I had, it says I got David Kobylik and Wei Hu, both of which when you click on them, then shows their proper team, but they're there as if I can select them for a match. Is this a bug or am I missing something,
That's odd. So have I put the wrong players in the squad or not?

Any mistakes/missing players need to be posted in the save game thread for me to fix in readiness for the official save game release this Wednesday. The season will be starting next Wednesday.
trunky
Reserve Team Player

Post by trunky »

Mark wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:47 am
AMC wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:08 am Other than fighting against relegation, is there any benefits of me starting in League Two as opposed to the Prem? Given that regardless how bad I fair in the Prem I will still get more prize money than if I win every game in League Two.
Easier games at that level. The teams in the top flight build world class squads, which makes it far tougher to compete in. Those in 2nd Div won't have anywhere near as much quality and in some cases, they don't even fill up their squad throughout the season. Hence why the reward isn't as great. If you start at that level, you'll blitz the league just as trunky has done every single time he drops down there.

If trunky had actually won the FA Cup, he'd have won a bit more. As it goes, AJ was the only one to actually win silverware, hence why he got the 10m.

It seems a little like nitpicking really, as the reward is only between 1m to 10m. It's not a substantial difference, the DTL has always been about managing your finances via P2P deals, auctions and CPU sales. FYI - As a new manager, you will actually get bids on the new players. There's just no guarantee that there'll be bids for the managers who kept their players from season 1. Some will, some won't.

As you've already picked Hull, and I've already added all players into the Hull squad, modified the club in the database in terms of reps/finances/chairman and assistant attributes, set up a Hull thread in your name, tracked all transfers in the overall transfers thread under the Hull crest, etc, I wouldn't be looking to change teams now as I am not going to re-do it all if you are changing your mind having picked Hull nearly a month ago.

May as well stick with Hull at this rate, and you'll likely find yourself in the 1st Div next season with ease. Think there's only riise and me there, and no doubt my awful squad will struggle in the playoffs :D
Agree with everything you said...it's only the difference between 1 or 10m...except the bold bit. Some of the squads in Div 2 were on a par with the Prem! Blackpool had Nicky Butt, Lars Ricken, Kily Gonzalez, Jansen, Tommy Smith, Jamie Carragher...etc etc Cardiff's squad was similar, Bruggink, Mcmanananananaman, Thome, Watson...even Port Vale had Dennis Wise, Redknapp, Vernazza, Sturridge, Dean Richards...

I think my point was finishing in 14th and getting more cash than hammering the league and finishing first seemed a bit weird. 14th is just surviving.

Anyhoo...I'm not nitpicking, you do a fantastic job running this and the difference between prizes was minimal.

So looking forward to the up and coming season!
Mark
Chairman

Post by Mark »

Well, that's it then.

TRANSFER WINDOW CLOSED!
Mark
Chairman

Post by Mark »

Absolutely gutted. I just spent hours writing up a preview for season two, and got to the very last team (Wolves) when I accidentally use the shortcut to close tabs. It's completely gone :(

I doubt I'll bother writing it all up again now :(
Spectral
Tactics Team

Post by Spectral »

Ouch sorry to hear Mark, if you open it from history it comes back kind of draft ?
trunky
Reserve Team Player

Post by trunky »

There should be a saved draft somewhere mate. Doesn't it do it automatically?

Come on...do it again...you must remember it!
trunky
Reserve Team Player

Post by trunky »

Doesn't CTL-Shift-T work?

Or try CTL - H. This should bring up your history.

Or try right clicking on a new tab and there's a reopen closed tab bit.
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Post by Redknapp69 »

Anything big in and e-mail and copy in!

Gutted though

Bring on the season!
Mark
Chairman

Post by Mark »

It doesn't save as a draft here on phpBB, it used to on vBulletin but only if you were replying to a thread. Whereas I was creating a new thread so nothing has been saved at all.

I started typing it up around 3pm yesterday and stopped at 4.30pm. Then wanted to finish it off last night, so carried on at 8.30pm until almost 10.30pm.

That gives you an idea how long it was, so I won't be repeating it again :(
trunky
Reserve Team Player

Post by trunky »

That's a shame mate. I might do one then if you don't mind? Where do you want it posted?
Mark
Chairman

Post by Mark »

I thought about trying again today. But I like yours, always humorous :D Maybe you can turn that into an unofficial fanzine type thread throughout DTL :)
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Post by Dermotron »

Graham Taylor-esque England National team selection, 10 debutants

Mark
Chairman

Post by Mark »

Hadn't spotted that! Interesting how being in our DTL squads has a part to play there.
Dweatherston11
Official Challenge Team

Post by Dweatherston11 »

Jamie Carragher solving the early noughties England left midfield issue
Mark
Chairman

Post by Mark »

FYI - It's clearing week at work next week, so I may not have the time to run DTL on the Wednesday but try to get your teams in either way just in case I'm not needed on that day.
Mark
Chairman

Post by Mark »

Sorry guys, I've started heading into work on a Wednesday so struggling to find the time to run DTL on this day. I'll try to finish off this season then I may to review what day it is run to keep juggling site/work commitments.

We also had our first ultrasound scan this week, as we're expecting in March :)

May have to work out a better schedule to juggle family commitments next year with work and this site!
trunky
Reserve Team Player

Post by trunky »

Congrats mate!!
AJ
Community Team

Post by AJ »

That is awesome news Mark!! Thrilled for you guys!!
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Post by Dermotron »

STOP AT ONE OR GET THREE, TWO IS FUCKING DOSE :D

Congrats by the way :)
ebfatz
Social Media Team

Post by ebfatz »

Congrats mate. Didn't hang around after nuptuals!! ;)
If you are already at ultrasounds this is a proper honeymoon baby!
GFRay
VIP

Post by GFRay »

Congrats Marko! :D