How to fix decrease in goal average per game?

AlCappucino

How to fix decrease in goal average per game?

Post by AlCappucino »

New member, but longtime follower, here wanting to become more active in forum. First all - big thank you for all the people that enables this game to live on.

I am currently enjoying one of my best saves where I am currently on season 2055-56. For about 15 seasons the average amount of goals has decreased quite dramatically. If I am able to get an average of under two goals per game it's been a success. Even if it makes the game challenging (and the joy I get when my team scores three or more) I am asking for some help if I there is anything that I can do to revert it. At my current game I have a glorious scottish attacker that has won top scorer the past 3 seasons with a mere 15, 14, 15 goals. And twice quite comfortably.

Low scoring is an issue for all other teams.

I think I have read that this has to do with positioning for the defenders going over the top. Is that it or is there anything I can to get out of the catenaccio hell I am in :lol:

Apologies if there is a clear thread on this.

Edit: Adding that I am of course using the the tougher tactics for AI
Coys
Update Team (Coach)

Re: How to fix decrease in goal average per game?

Post by Coys »

Nicks patcher has a 'save game changer' setting where you can reduce key regen stats (which includes positioning) by (i think) approx 15%.

You could apply it once and see how much of a difference it makes. Then apply it again if neccessary.

Just be warned though, I tested it once and it can cause some funny behaviour to attributes once used. But it did bring goals back!
AlCappucino

Post by AlCappucino »

Cheers! Regarding funny behaviour to the attributes, nothing that causes errors with save or anything?
Coys
Update Team (Coach)

Post by Coys »

Not that I'm aware of, it was more how the attributes get distributed. I can't really remember without applying it again. Give it a go.

Perhaps make a duplicate save so that anything you apply that goes wrong you still have a backup.
Fodster
Squad Rotation Player

Post by Fodster »

Using the tougher tactics for AI will of course hinder the goals you score.

I am currently in 2066, not using tougher tactics though and the goals are still flowing nicely

Coys
Update Team (Coach)

Post by Coys »

Fodster wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:23 pm Using the tougher tactics for AI will of course hinder the goals you score.

I am currently in 2066, not using tougher tactics though and the goals are still flowing nicely

Well yeah, you're probably using tapani regens that's why.
Fodster
Squad Rotation Player

Post by Fodster »

I am assuming AlCappucino is also using a patch of some sort to enable Harder AI Tactics. Unless of course these can be added without a patch.

I reckon using harder AI tactics even with tapani regens would decrease the goals ratio considerably
AlCappucino

Post by AlCappucino »

Thank you for replying - glad that I will be more active in forum :)

Yes, I am using the harder AI-Tactics as I see it as a more challenging. If I am not more observant of opposition, my own team and tactics I find myself getting stuffed and that is enjoyable.

@Fodster - I was assuming this had to do with regens and other players filling position attributeand maxing it. But at the same time I see the same issue in lower divisions (even if it is lesser due to lesser players of high class).

Trying the regen patch now to see if this will change anything. Will post udate @coys: Am I assuming correctly that this change might have to see a couple of seasons before noticing a difference or will it change automatically. Changed the inflation score and that got amended directly (I had panic first seeing some of my star players on 200K a week :D)
AlCappucino

Post by AlCappucino »

Fodster wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:23 pm Using the tougher tactics for AI will of course hinder the goals you score.

Curious, have you tried anything with tougher AI-tactics before?
Coys
Update Team (Coach)

Post by Coys »

AlCappucino wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:00 pm Thank you for replying - glad that I will be more active in forum :)

Yes, I am using the harder AI-Tactics as I see it as a more challenging. If I am not more observant of opposition, my own team and tactics I find myself getting stuffed and that is enjoyable.

@Fodster - I was assuming this had to do with regens and other players filling position attributeand maxing it. But at the same time I see the same issue in lower divisions (even if it is lesser due to lesser players of high class).

Trying the regen patch now to see if this will change anything. Will post udate @coys: Am I assuming correctly that this change might have to see a couple of seasons before noticing a difference or will it change automatically. Changed the inflation score and that got amended directly (I had panic first seeing some of my star players on 200K a week :D)
Will take you a good while to notice a difference. All those regens would have to come through and start taking over the generation you are currently in.