VAR come to Championship Manager 2001/2002

samsami
Hot Prospect for the Future

Post by samsami »

I have adapted the Ultimate Match Commentary pack v3 so that it includes VAR.

VAR stands for video assistant referee. It is a team of three people who work together to review certain decisions made by the main referee by watching video replays of the relevant incidents.

Technically it is not a patch. It does not alter the main program, but merely the English text file which contains all the in-match comments.

As an example, the following screenshots show what happened after the referee reached into his pocket and the commentator had just said: St.Juste gets the red card!

Here's a link to the most recent file to be put in your data folder or directory (to overwrite the original file, which you may want to make a backup copy of first!).

This latest version (Nov 2019) includes penalties, goal-line technology and red cards - and players don't take off their shirts anymore :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vfy6qlcfvlygn ... r.zip?dl=0
Last edited by samsami on Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
samsami

Post by samsami »

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to start a new game to introduce the VAR?

No, it works immediately after you have copied the file to your data folder, overwriting the original file. If you are running the game while you are copying the commentary file you will have to exit and reload your save file, though.

How does it change the game? What percentage of decisions will be ruled over?

It actually doesn't change any decision. Merely the wording of the commentary. Instead of just looking over at his assistant and making a decision, every now and then a statement (or a series of statements) will appear about the VAR being consulted.

Can the in-game speed be adjusted?

Yes, that is fairly easy. All normal events have a 1000 milliseconds delay, all main events have a 2000 milliseconds delay and all crucial events have a 3000 milliseconds delay. You can therefore easily change the speed, if you are so inclined, by using a consistent find & replace routine in Notepad. So for instance, you could change it so that only crucial events have a long pause.
Offside Trap
Youth Team Player

Post by Offside Trap »

I have multiple CM's installed, 1 of which is SV9, which I play as the close to real life as possible, and this feature cements that statement even more. Ok, it doesnt really change the outcome, but for me, the reading of 'it went to VAR' is another level. So always with an update, this is a must

Great work
samsami

Post by samsami »

Thanks. Glad you like it!