FM or CM?

Ger1872
Youth Team Player

FM or CM?

Post by Ger1872 »

As a fan of playing Management games on various consoles/PC/Laptops over the years I have always found CM to be the better choice.
Going right back to the days of Football Manager on the Spectrum 128k I have always preferred the simplicity that CM gives you over the more time consuming FM nowadays.
Yes it may look great with all the facepacks/badges etc you can download but who wants to spend all evening sorting out your backroom, tactics, scouting etc when you could spend the same amount of time getting through a season on CM.
Which version do you prefer? For me it has to be the first CM I ever played on my old Amiga 500 CM93/94 with the data update pack.
I also enjoyed playing CM Italia.
I even loved the codes you had to put in before you could play the game. I loved the 3 foreigners ruling for European Competitions. The 3 different European competitions. I even enjoyed on CM Italia being restricted to only being allowed 3 foreigners at the club.
I loved listening to 606 on Radio 5 on a Saturday night while playing the game if I couldn't get to the match.
I loved waking up on a Sunday morning loading up the game sitting at my screen with a brew and listening to Fantasy Football on Radio 5.
I have even put together a playlist on Spotify of the tunes I would listen to back then so I could relive those glory days.
Ahh Nostalgia.
Redknapp69
Backup Player

FM or CM?

Post by Redknapp69 »

On a CM site I think you may get more people preferring CM :)

And an 01/02 site it's probably 01/02!
ebfatz
Reserve Team Player

FM or CM?

Post by ebfatz »

It's all about CM.

As you say, FM is almost a 'real time' endeavor now.
twistedblitzle
Youth Team Player

FM or CM?

Post by twistedblitzle »

I'll be the odd one out and say none of them. For me it was always LMA Manager. But now it's CM 01/02 with the latest update :)
Whyme
Youth Team Player

FM or CM?

Post by Whyme »

Computer games are meant to be fun. CM is fun. FM is more realistic, but it's a chore. If I want realism I'll walk outside the front door
JLa
Youth Team Player

FM or CM?

Post by JLa »

I've bought the latest versions of FM "Touch", it's supposed to be simpler and more streamlined. It's a good game, but I just can't get my head around those tactics. I read the forums, watch tutorials and whatnot but I just ... I guess I'm too stupid.

CM all the way for me.