Screenshots

Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Screenshots

Post by Here2Win79 »

Redknapp69 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:45 am Wow!

Can you not select him to play every game though?
He's in my Ajax save, so for once I'm not managing rangers, although I've drawn them twice in three years in the CL. I don't know what would happen picking a greyed out player every week, he'd eventually disappear right?
Kingsley
Stories Team

Screenshots

Post by Kingsley »

No. I’ve frequently started with less than 11 in the squad and the same grey players are available for most of the season. Good thing is that they don’t complain, don’t get injured and even when sent off, don’t get suspended. And they are always 100% fit
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Screenshots

Post by Here2Win79 »

Kingsley wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:49 pm No. I’ve frequently started with less than 11 in the squad and the same grey players are available for most of the season. Good thing is that they don’t complain, don’t get injured and even when sent off, don’t get suspended. And they are always 100% fit
Do they perform as their stats suggest they should? I've never owned one worth playing.
MadScientist
Patch Team

Screenshots

Post by MadScientist »

Here2Win79 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:33 pm Do they perform as their stats suggest they should? I've never owned one worth playing.
Greyed out players have negative CA. This means they perform better than their stats suggest, because the cosmetic values formula is biased towards high CA players.

However, in this case, I think some bug happenend and this player has a positive CA. Otherwise, if his CA is really negative, then his worst CA-related attribute (creativity = 10) would represent at least a 30 intrinsic value and his best attribute (dribbling = 20) would represent at least a 100 intrinsic value, and I think thats impossible to have a player with all intrinsic values above 30.

Note: by negative CA i mean really negative (not random as in pre-game editor negative CA). I confirmed that in debug mode in olly, if you read the CA of a greyed out player while the game is running, its negative. I think it goes from -1 to -200.
leovii
Reserve Team Player

Screenshots

Post by leovii »

Kingsley wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:49 pm No. I’ve frequently started with less than 11 in the squad and the same grey players are available for most of the season. Good thing is that they don’t complain, don’t get injured and even when sent off, don’t get suspended. And they are always 100% fit
There was a bug on one of the old fm's around fm14 or fm15

many greyed out players had world class attribute sets and on fm's you can offer them contracts but after a patch though it was fixed and they never turned up on a save again

seeing this insane greyed out left back reminded me of that

even on the original game .60 many seasons in you occasionally see freak greyed out players at one particular club. Might of been a Russian team i played in a european game and they had a striker who nearly had all 20's
Kingsley
Stories Team

Screenshots

Post by Kingsley »

Here2Win79 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:33 pm
Do they perform as their stats suggest they should? I've never owned one worth playing.
Hard to say. I've only ever been at a crap club and the grey players I've had have also been crap. I don't remember any being particularly bad or good, but I have used the same ones for game after game
MR_Punk
Youth Team Player

Screenshots

Post by MR_Punk »

New one for me.
danceswithhorses
Youth Team Player

Screenshots

Post by danceswithhorses »

MR_Punk wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:00 am Image

New one for me.
Yep never seen that.
Never even had a club been made PLC
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Screenshots

Post by Here2Win79 »

Now I'm wondering what the American Express Community would look like. Pinstripe suits presumably, wondering around looking for the only restaurant in town that will take their card.
bloominada
Hot Prospect for the Future

Screenshots

Post by bloominada »

What the hell??? All I did was appeal a red card, as I usually do, and now I'm a conspiracy theorist :lol:

Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Screenshots

Post by Here2Win79 »

I saw some people on Facebook posting a prize in France for "Most Unpopular player" - is that a real thing in game or some sort of patch? What type of player wins that prize?
Deleted User 1932

Screenshots

Post by Deleted User 1932 »

Yes, it's real. I think it is 'awarded' to the player with the most disciplinary ponts.
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Screenshots

Post by Here2Win79 »

Been quiet on this thread for a while so I thought I'd post the Easter Egg trainer reports...
► Show Spoiler
Alias47
Decent Young Player

Screenshots

Post by Alias47 »

Notice anything about this Celtic pre-season friendly team (first season)?

Jack Hendry is on loan in Belgium yet somehow started the game and played 90 minutes for the Bhoys :lol:
Kingsley
Stories Team

Screenshots

Post by Kingsley »

Maybe a benefit game as Jack is also an ex Thistle player

More remarkable is that Tam O'Ware appears to have lasted 90 minutes without getting injured and Banzo without getting booked.
Kingsley
Stories Team

Screenshots

Post by Kingsley »

I've had worse starts to a season

15 clean sheets and we were 3-0 up before Bangu scored, which makes it 75 goals without reply !
My striker bagged 31 of them including a 6 goal haul.

Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Screenshots

Post by Here2Win79 »

Alias47 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:12 pm

Jack Hendry is on loan in Belgium yet somehow started the game and played 90 minutes for the Bhoys :lol:
It's actually worse than that given subs bolingoli and bayo are also at other clubs on loan. But as everyone north of the border knows, Celtic get to play under different rules from the rest of Scotland.
georged
Update Team (Coach)

Screenshots

Post by georged »

Alias47 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:12 pm Notice anything about this Celtic pre-season friendly team (first season)?

Probably a friendly before the game “started” with you as manager? The same happens if you start the game with Anderlecht with the latest update. They play a Intertoto game before you actually take over and all the set loans kick in. Almost the entire team that plays the Intertoto game is on loan to a team.
CMCZ
Update Team (Director)

Screenshots

Post by CMCZ »

georged wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:02 pm
Alias47 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:12 pm Notice anything about this Celtic pre-season friendly team (first season)?

Probably a friendly before the game “started” with you as manager? The same happens if you start the game with Anderlecht with the latest update. They play a Intertoto game before you actually take over and all the set loans kick in. Almost the entire team that plays the Intertoto game is on loan to a team.
indeed a game bug. Players loaned out appear in matches at the original club before the game offically starts.
Alias47
Decent Young Player

Screenshots

Post by Alias47 »

georged wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:02 pm Probably a friendly before the game “started” with you as manager? The same happens if you start the game with Anderlecht with the latest update. They play a Intertoto game before you actually take over and all the set loans kick in. Almost the entire team that plays the Intertoto game is on loan to a team.
No, I'd already started in the English National League with Stockport County. I was looking for a cheap centre back and went to the Celtic squad to shortlist Hendry himself when I noticed it.

I'm in my second season now and the game hasn't had any weird bugs that I've noticed. Didn't sign Hendry in the end :)

EDIT: I think I understand what people are saying now - I looked back at the Celtic fixtures and the friendly took place on July 7th which is/was before the game started for me as I loaded the English National League as my primary league.
Kingsley
Stories Team

Screenshots

Post by Kingsley »

This would be the buy of the century !

bloominada
Hot Prospect for the Future

Screenshots

Post by bloominada »

We wuz robbed!

Arce is my player (Tenerife), Arroyo plays for Real Madrid. We lost the damn game 2-1...
Max Force
Decent Young Player

Screenshots

Post by Max Force »

Kingsley wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:31 pm I've had worse starts to a season

This is absolutely insane! I assume without WibWob?
Kingsley
Stories Team

Screenshots

Post by Kingsley »

Max Force wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:15 pm
Kingsley wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:31 pm I've had worse starts to a season

This is absolutely insane! I assume without WibWob?
It is wib-wob, but against harder AI tactics
Max Force
Decent Young Player

Screenshots

Post by Max Force »

Kingsley wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:14 pm It is wib-wob, but against harder AI tactics
Unbelievable man. This string of results is an Utopia for me... :D

Fantastic run!