more job offers

Moderator: Dermotron

clipeus
Decent Young Player

more job offers

Post by clipeus »

hi all,

is there a way to have more job offers? i will a lot of league but nobody offer me a job...

Thanks
Marco
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

more job offers

Post by Redknapp69 »

If you don't have a Saturn/Tapani/Nick patch then a known bug
clipeus
Decent Young Player

more job offers

Post by clipeus »

yes i've it, enable your potetntial grow options?
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

more job offers

Post by Redknapp69 »

DO you have other leagues loaded? What is your nationality in the game? Might have something to do with Current Ability etc

Maybe give some more information about your game :ok:
clipeus
Decent Young Player

more job offers

Post by clipeus »

only italy till C2, nationality is italian, i won c2 and arrived 6 in c1 but not offers...
ebfatz
Social Media Team

more job offers

Post by ebfatz »

clipeus wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:52 am yes i've it, enable your potetntial grow options?
This may be your answer. If you have only won Serie C2 not many clubs will be rushing to appoint you. You'll need to be more successful, to make your rep grow, or apply for jobs instead of wait to be offered them.
clipeus
Decent Young Player

more job offers

Post by clipeus »

well but also for the c2 and c1 team? low rep... let's try let it grow :)
Rave44
Youth Team Player

Job Applications

Post by Rave44 »

Think I may be doing something wrong or just a victim of my team's reputation? Been at West Ham for 9 years, building gradually and now have a great team dominating domestically and winning European trophies too (thanks to To Madeira). In the top 2 in the national rankings (I'd be number one if it wasn't for Sven and his World Cup winning escapades) and top 3 world rankings over the past few seasons. Think it's time to move on to a new challenge abroad... so applied for Bayern, Schalke and Dortmund jobs but they all turned me down and my own board becoming narked by my roving eye. Is it down to my club's reputation or something else? Surely these clubs would snap up one of the best managers in the world?! :lol: any advice on what I can do to secure a top job abroad? (have the leagues selected). Would managing a 'bigger' club domestically help or should I look to a less fashionable team in another country? I can't take any more rejection!
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Job Applications

Post by Here2Win79 »

It's a well known bug in the game, and there is a patch for it.
You can use a save game editor to give yourself the nationality of the job you are applying for, this will help your chances.You can also adjust your randomly generated pa and CA which again makes you more likely to be chosen.
Also apparently being unemployed improves your chances so if none of this works you can try resigning and applying for jobs, although you may end up somewhere worse...
Rave44
Youth Team Player

Job Applications

Post by Rave44 »

Thanks.. will give the save game editor a go to see if that helps. If not I'll stay at West Ham and continue the legacy until they sack me!
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Job Applications

Post by Here2Win79 »

Save game editor can occasionally cause crashes so put aside a backup of your save game that you can go back to if it all goes tits up.
dariotedesco
Youth Team Player

Changing team to manage

Post by dariotedesco »

HI all,
I started witn Cosenza from Italian serie B, then always arrived 5th, 6th and even 3rd and 2nd in the Serie A, I won a Coppa Italia too plus severals good results in European competition (reached CL quarter final in the last season) but still after 7 years of playing no offers received to manage other teams..how is it possible? if I try to candidate myself they never call me. I also gave dimission last season from Cosenza..what can I do? I don't want to create a new manager.
Thanks folks!
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Changing team to manage

Post by Dermotron »

What's your ranking in Italy? You might not even be top 16 yet
dariotedesco
Youth Team Player

Changing team to manage

Post by dariotedesco »

I was in the top 8
HaroldFinch
Hot Prospect for the Future

Changing team to manage

Post by HaroldFinch »

The original game is notorious for not ever giving you many job offers. Is your manager nationality Italian? If not, I think you could use a save game editor to add a second nationality for yourself (I think that's possible to do). You could also set your current ability and potential ability to 200. It's kind of cheating but without a patch, it's a real pain getting job offers.
dariotedesco
Youth Team Player

Changing team to manage

Post by dariotedesco »

Yes my manager nationality is Italian.
Will try this way, using editor. thanks for your help :D
Moved from Patches to General on Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:15 pm by Dermotron

bluepaw
Youth Team Player

Applying For Jobs

Post by bluepaw »

Hello guys playing game since its release and its my all time favorite. For the 20th year of the game i want to do an ultimate journeyman. Win everyting, every leauge before save gets corrupted.

The problem is no team offers me job. When i played the game 10 year ago I remember managing teams from other countries in same save. But in my current gameplay i dont get job offers. I searched and most people says its a bug in the old forum. But how i did journeyman before?

I'm using vanilla game with 3.9.65.

Any advices?
AtomicAnt
Youth Team Player

more job offers

Post by AtomicAnt »

I have the Saturn/Tapani/Nick patch activated. Started with Salernitana and after four seasons I had won Serie A twice and lost a Champions League final. I started to look around, but the biggest jobs still illuded me. After almost a season of unemployment Monaco offered me a job, I won Leauge 1 and the Champions Leage the next season and then went on to win the Bundesliga with Gladbach. At this time I could basically get any job I applied for.

I have since been at Sunderland, Sporting CP, a second stint at Monaco, Juventus, Ajax, Man City, Coritiba, Betis, Tromsø and Leeds Utd.

Mid 52nd season now, my 20th with Leeds, Everton is atm bottom of League Two, Chelsea and Wolves are down there as well. Man Utd have been going up and down between League One and League Two the last ten seasons (they have over 500M but that don't seem to help). West Ham, Leeds, Liverpool and Tottenham are the only teams who've never been relegated from the Premiership.

France is also really fucked up too, Marseille on the second tier and PSG, Lyon and Monaco are all tier tree clubs. Lots of weird clubs like Niort, Concarneau, Red Star FC, Grenoble, Nimes, Amiens and Reims have won League 1.

And it's funny that Villarreal B are in La Liga while Villarreal are in the Segunda, I don't know how that's possible.
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

more job offers

Post by Dermotron »

Villarreal and Villarreal B aren't linked
AtomicAnt
Youth Team Player

more job offers

Post by AtomicAnt »

Dermotron wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:39 pm Villarreal and Villarreal B aren't linked
Are any of the other A/B-teams linked? Because I vaguely remember one game where I tried to get my B-team promoted (possibly Atl. Madrid or Barca) and as far I can remember it didnt work.
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

more job offers

Post by Dermotron »

Yeah loads. Off the top of my head the main unlinked ones are Villarreal, Granada, Cadiz and Almeria
stephenrirving
Youth Team Player

more job offers

Post by stephenrirving »

I'm upto 2009 in my latest save as a Jock managing in England and only just received the first job offer I haven't applied for. But why would I want to leave Championship leaders Sheff Utd for Championship strugglers Rotherham.
AMC
Official Challenge Team

more job offers

Post by AMC »

The Chuckle Brothers (well just Paul now) support them?
Nerevarine
Youth Team Player

Moving abroad

Post by Nerevarine »

Hi

Really simple question and one I feel I should know the answer to... Got a number of leagues selected in the background, and I am currently managing in Wales. When I go to jobs, I can't see any available jobs in, for example, England. Is this because its 'background'?

I have had it in the past, where I have been able to move abroad, so not sure if something has changed etc. Nicks patcher is installed etc.

I, err, don't really fancy a long game in Wales...

Thanks
Kingsley
Stories Team

more job offers

Post by Kingsley »

Yes. League needs to be foreground to apply for jobs