How are you doing?

Moderator: Dermotron

CMAdventurer
Decent Young Player

How are you doing?

Post by CMAdventurer »

So Lorient made the cup final despite being non-league? Unlucky in the final, it was a tall order and it would have been an even bigger ask to have beaten the league champions. Hopefully this will lead to a better job in France soon.
Pegster
VIP

How are you doing?

Post by Pegster »

They did indeed. My fixtures keep disappearing in thin air when the match day arrives, I suspect it's due to it being a league that's *nominally* in the name but which doesn't have any league table or anything in there.
managers are starting to get very insecure and 2 have been sacked by the end of August where I am now, so hopefully I'll be able to move into a proper league soon.

Oh, I forgot to mention - Montpellier lost their manager to German champions Greuther Furth in the summer, and of course I applied. As expected they hired someone else, but it was worth a shot. ;p
Sure
Youth Team Player

How are you doing?

Post by Sure »

Bhutania : 2020, knee deep in madness

You fool ! (Bhutan)

And now much more than Bhutan !
► Show Spoiler
Or not. The first club avalaible in january was the mighty MIPK. It's in Finland, where there is no foreigners restrictions as far as I can remember. The transfert period is open, with time to do want I want without fearing a relegation. OK, I can fear being relegated, but I'm not at this point. At least I didn't jump for a job with a club already in the bottom of a league. There are 5 players with some aptitudes. The other 14 are leaving a way or another. Add a whole technical staff not about to retire before 4 or 5 years. Everything seemed perfect for my plan to continue.

Until March. Until this :
► Show Spoiler
Wait. Wait ! We are 22th. The qualification begins the 21th ! What the hell is this ? Oh, I see, it really begins the 25th. So it's not like :

"-Guys, FIFA's here.
- Oh, hi FIFA !
- We forgot to warn you about the incoming World Cup Qual. As you're involved we thought you'd like to know it starts in three days. Hope the turf is ready.
- *Choking sounds*
"

The funny thing – besides the fact we are pitted in a group with Japan, Jordan and Lebanon and not with Taiwan, Brunei and Nepal, so it's mostly out of our reach – is the timing of the announcement. Hopefully, the players are ready as ever...
► Show Spoiler
... to be eaten alive. Silly schedule in the middle of our period of rest after the end of the season ! And what about the players about to retire in the next days ?

Well, I have the feeling the game is already throwing everything it has at my face. And as a final touch, read this:
► Show Spoiler
It's HARDCORE MODE baby !

Transport United (Transport United)

There are things you can't do while managing a non league team. Except if you want to crash the game. For example, you can't ask your board anything. Simple.

After this you can complain to your (maybe existing) football association. They won't postpone your unscheduled games (but they are sorry because the calendar is full (of nothingness)) but will agree the refereeing (which never happened cause you didn't play) was poor.
► Show Spoiler
The friendlies season is still in full swing. That's the weather which is unfriendly.
► Show Spoiler
One game every two days, even when deep in the himalayan winter. Imagining the poor squads playing under the worst snowstorms or by a frost so severe they are at risk to have their toes frozen and left shattered in their shoes, all of this circus just to make a little cash by selling some drinks to a few people who are sheltering themselves from the cold like pinguins on the icefield, makes me fell strangely uncomfortable, and snorting like an idiot at the same time.

Moreover, there is a probably insignificant detail I would like to point out. Transport United, and the rest of the brave Bhutanese clubs, doesn't play in a league in CM. At the same time, we know that even in this case the game... emulates results, stats, ratings... and their players seem to play for real although falsely. For example, here's Cavin Driangel screen...
► Show Spoiler
... where we see he played 26 times in the virtual Bhutanese championship. In any case, that's what the game is trying to sell us. Now take a look at Transport United understar Raimondo Abdullah :
► Show Spoiler
Forget just five seconds he already played 90 friendlies this season (and that about 20 more games are scheduled). Raimondo participated in only 2 "league matches", because I didn't prepared any friendly just after I started my save. No more of these league stats were imputed in his sheet after. So in my case the friendlies are more important than the "non league".

What's striking me is the fact that while all that non league stuff is false (the players don't play, they don't score ; the clubs don't win or lose games, they are selected for international competitions only by their reputation... that's "just" a smokescreen to fake the "non league" is still a "league" in some sort... in fact random stats threw in sheets, something that could be disabled without much consequences)... there is, somewhere, in the depths of the code, a program line which is telling Transport United and my ill-treated protégés : "YOU CAN'T BE A PART OF THIS RANDOM NON LEAGUE STUFF BECAUSE YOU HAVE THOSE F****** FRIENDLIES TO PLAY AND THEY ARE INTERFERING IN YOUR NON EXISTENT LEAGUE SCHEDULE."

If they really thought about this when they wrote the program... Wow.

Next time : WC Qual, the great spank (or something like this)
kct089
Youth Team Player

How are you doing?

Post by kct089 »

decided to stick with the times and download the latest update, decided to play as hearts in the scottish premier league.
only signings were :
dylan borge (SC): 100 K
nicola katic (DC) : 450 K
Daniel Batty (MC) : 500 K

came 2nd in my first season so with europe on the horizon made a number of free transfer signings in january who will be coming in in july.
kct089
Youth Team Player

How are you doing?

Post by kct089 »

advanced on goal difference in the CL qualifying.

got a pretty tough draw, expect to finish bottom but the extra transfer funds will be nice.
Pegster
VIP

How are you doing?

Post by Pegster »

I did get a new job fairly quickly, and it wasn't a long move either, just a little bit further west in Bretagne to Brest, currently in League 1 and hoping to avoid relegation.

There was quite a bit of money to spend, but as i was reminded once I'd signed my first player (an Italian U21 player who did well in the Olympics), you can sign 1 player during the autumn but then any attempts at signing someone will just get cancelled instead of being set as a January transfer.

At Christmas we find ourselve sin mid-table, and needing to improve several areas of the squad, I spend the first few days bidding on a bunch of players. I end up spending almost the netire transfer budget on these two, and in addition to them looking promising I think it's really fun to have a player of Luque's quality to manage, for the first time on this save. Quite a step up from the players I had at my disposal in the Finnish or Northern Irish 1st division... ;p

From Monaco for £400k:

From Godoy Cruz for £28.5M, also bringing the "big signing" reactions from fans and the "board believes he will achieve great things" in the monthly board update:

At the end of January we're 9th with 17 points to 1st and 15 games to go, so I think the league is out of reach this season, but there's always the cup to play for. Wouldn't mind staying a while in a major league either, to be honest.
kct089
Youth Team Player

How are you doing?

Post by kct089 »

lost the hearts game due to not saving the game, so started again as Rangers, still on the october update.
brought in :
antonio blanco - real madrid 1,900,000
george nikaj - free
dylan borge - europa fc 100,000
coniah boyce clarke - Reading 1,000,000
christian mcfarlane - NYCFC 3,100,000

won the league in my first season finishing unbeaten, and made it through to the second knockout phase of the champions league where i finished third in a group that consisted of Man City, PSG, and Dortmund.

also won the scottish cup with a 2-1 victory over celtic.

George Nikaj finished the season as my second top scorer, just behind Alfredo Morelos who had 27 in 34 games.

kct089
Youth Team Player

How are you doing?

Post by kct089 »

brought in three players in the summer :

Pegster
VIP

How are you doing?

Post by Pegster »

I said the league was out of reach, but as all the teams around me stumbled repeatedly during spring we came closer than I had expected and if not for a few stumbles on our own we'd have made it. No matter, as we'll be in the Champions Trophy game anyway as cup winners. 3rd place also means champions league football next season, if I stay that long.

My expensive signing Fernando Luque proved to be a solid signing, he had an immense impact on our good spring season, scoring 17 times, assisting 3 times and getting 8 man of the match awards in 22 games from a central midfield position.

I have some nice-looking signings coming in on bosmans (with a fee) in the summer, might do some more signings as well as several areas could use some improvment if we are to become a proper top club.
CMAdventurer
Decent Young Player

How are you doing?

Post by CMAdventurer »

Some great signings at Brest who clearly had a major impact. Good win against the champions in the cup final, hopefully that bodes well for the Champions Trophy. Just watch out for low fitness levels, that's been a major issue for me before.
AMC
Official Challenge Team

How are you doing?

Post by AMC »

Best of luck in the Champions Trophy mate.
kct089
Youth Team Player

How are you doing?

Post by kct089 »

europe didnt go as well as last season,finished third in a group of bayern, man city, and slavia prague.
lost in the uefa cup to napoli.

brought in frank onyeka before the end of the window.

won the league on the last day of the season
also won the scottish cup with a big win over aberdeen, morelos with a hattrick.

kct089
Youth Team Player

How are you doing?

Post by kct089 »

signed up kerr smith on a free transfer from dundee united.

also signed 20 year old xavi simons from PSG for 1,600,000.
kct089
Youth Team Player

How are you doing?

Post by kct089 »

couldn't resist bringing in nubel even though he was a bit pricey at 4,800,000.

kct089
Youth Team Player

How are you doing?

Post by kct089 »

not catching much of a break in the CL,another tough group.
kct089
Youth Team Player

How are you doing?

Post by kct089 »

qualified for the next round of the champions league, which i was quite happy with.
drew athletico madrid, m'gladbach. and PSG in the 2nd stage.

kct089
Youth Team Player

How are you doing?

Post by kct089 »

Imagewells fargo close to me

picked up this gem for a 1,100,000 min release clause.
james tavernier was then listed as we already have nathan paterson at the club.
kct089
Youth Team Player

How are you doing?

Post by kct089 »

made it through to the Champions League quarter finals,
where we drew with liverpool.
kct089
Youth Team Player

How are you doing?

Post by kct089 »

won the league for a third year in a row. under my management.
beat liverpool on penalties, drew bayern in the semi-finals where we were soundly beaten.
I was proud of the team just for gettting there and with some reinforcements coming in the summer who knows we might get back there.

kct089
Youth Team Player

How are you doing?

Post by kct089 »

brought in the following over the summer all on bosmans

Image]

finished third in my champions league group so no chance of us going back to the semi's as we get dumped into the uefa cup.
kct089
Youth Team Player

How are you doing?

Post by kct089 »

signed up this gem from juventus for 4,400,000.

currently 1st in the league with ten games to go, lead celtic by 15 pts.
have juventus in the uefa cup fourth round after we beat everton so are chances of going through are slim.
kct089
Youth Team Player

How are you doing?

Post by kct089 »

won the league for the fourth season in a row with 5 games to spare and new signings on the way!
Tomck
Youth Team Player

How are you doing?

Post by Tomck »

kct089 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:07 pm Image

won the league for the fourth season in a row with 5 games to spare and new signings on the way!

How is the Europa run going?
kct089
Youth Team Player

How are you doing?

Post by kct089 »

Tomck wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:48 am
kct089 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:07 pm Image

How is the Europa run going?
finished third in the group stage which was disappointing. beat everton in the uefa and then lost to juventus.
kct089
Youth Team Player

How are you doing?

Post by kct089 »

also sold top scorer Morelos as i felt Brian Brobbey coming in would be a better striker, and at 28 he was getting on a bit.