Questions & Comments That Don't Warrant a Thread

Moderator: Dermotron

usasupersoccer
Trialist

USA lower leagues

Post by usasupersoccer »

I've been playing CM0102 for years. I always wanted to play in the American lower divisions. Is there any patch with these leagues?
Kingsley
Stories Team

USA lower leagues

Post by Kingsley »

usasupersoccer wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:33 pm I've been playing CM0102 for years. I always wanted to play in the American lower divisions. Is there any patch with these leagues?
No, but it is not hard to do by following this guide. viewtopic.php?p=7530#p7530

It is a bit time consuming and you need to be careful and plan out exactly what you want to do, but the advantage is that you can use with any patches and any DB. (best to do your patching first, before the league swap)

Edit: And you can bask in the glory of putting it out there for others to use !
Russta
VIP

Post by Russta »

Is it known what causes the occasional player to believe the club needs more squad depth? I obviously understand the general sentiment of it but it has to be tied to a particular stat, no?
Latepicks
Youth Team Player

Post by Latepicks »

I don't have a large sample size so am interested in other peoples experiences. When using the newest database (Apr 22) and going through the youth that are generated around July to September that are unattached, there always seems to be a few Pays/Basque players. it seems over represented compared to the number of Basque players in the database.

I'm guessing it's because they aren't technically a nationality assigned a domestic league so all start as free transfers?
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Post by Dermotron »

Latepicks wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:18 am I don't have a large sample size so am interested in other peoples experiences. When using the newest database (Apr 22) and going through the youth that are generated around July to September that are unattached, there always seems to be a few Pays/Basque players. it seems over represented compared to the number of Basque players in the database.

I'm guessing it's because they aren't technically a nationality assigned a domestic league so all start as free transfers?
That's it. As there are no Basque clubs, they regen as free players whereas the majority of say French regens will regen at a French club
leovii
Reserve Team Player

Post by leovii »

Russta wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:54 pm Is it known what causes the occasional player to believe the club needs more squad depth? I obviously understand the general sentiment of it but it has to be tied to a particular stat, no?
Taking a guess I reckon it calculates it based on player reps compared to the club rep and if you have a small squad there is more of a chance there is less players that meet the rep size for your club. The times I get players saying lack of squad depth is when i'm doing a 'no signing' or youth signing only saves so there will be a lot of moaning players wanting you to sign high rep players. A Del Piero or a Roy Keane isn't going to see your academy youngster who is banging in goals as a 'high rep player'
Fodster
Reserve Team Player

Post by Fodster »

I agree with the above to a certain extent, but if im say, Man Utd and they complain, i just bring in some U21s, probably with poor rep and it seems to solve the issue
Kingsley
Stories Team

Post by Kingsley »

I don't actually think it is related to any specific attribute. It is certainly not obvious when I tried to look.
I'm inclined to think it is more the AI trying to mess up an otherwise happy squad, especially if you are doing well.
Also, it doesn't actually matter unless it is a player that you need to offer a new contract to, so I normally just ignore it.

Like Fodster says, it is nothing to do with quality, just adding sufficient numbers will sort it, and usually result in others saying "too much competition for places"
g00dman
Trialist

Post by g00dman »

Hiya, couple of odd questions here. The current FM database will have been built on the first version of CM3, correct? So a person with a specific ID number in CM3 that's still active now will share that same ID in the current version of FM... What I'm wondering is, are there any database editors for CM3 that show each person's ID number?
Fodster
Reserve Team Player

Post by Fodster »

What happens if you add a transfer fee of say 50m for international appearances, but when it comes time to pay you don't have the funds, does the money still go over and put you in debt?