the uncap 20 patch is godly

Moderator: Dermotron

arsenalDB
Youth Team Player

Post by arsenalDB »

after i installed this patch for the first time, i found that this patch works really like a cheat code. The main reason is physios.
i hired 3 physios with 45+ physiotherapy skill (quite easy to find), then my player recovers like a robot.
when they get injured during the game, they are recovered after the match is end.
when i got an injury message, the next message is the player recovered from injury.
also heavy training schedule seems had no impact on my player's condition
so that you can fill in your best XI for all most every single match, that is reallly amazing.

so for physios and coaches, without this patch ,their ability is really capped at 20 (not a cosmetic value) in the game? is it possible a uncapped chairman with 40+ resource can also inject a huge cash whenever you make a request?
HaroldFinch
VIP

Post by HaroldFinch »

The patch doesn't actually change the value for either players or non-players, it just shows you a more accurate representation of the value that was already there. It may just be that previously you didn't sign those types of physios, and the ones you had before had a value that was closer to 20 anyway.
arsenalDB
Youth Team Player

Post by arsenalDB »

sorry Harold. Kind like i cannot totally agree with your post.
I do understand the uncap 20 does not work for the players but for staff i'm not too sure.
As i'm playing with the english national league, the physios that interested to join my team is only 7 and with uncap 20, 5 of them has a physio skill >25. (2 about 27, 1 about 33,2 about 43)
without uncap 20, even all of them are displayed with a skill 20 for physio, so that at least i will get a combined 87(but most likely i will get 97 or 103 combined). with uncap 20 patch applied, i will get a 119. from the numbers, the increase is not that much.
i do not have in game equation to prove this, but the game experience changed completely.
HaroldFinch
VIP

Post by HaroldFinch »

Ok, well I guess it needs someone like Nick to confirm if this actually happens or not. If it does, then it isn't supposed to!
cescmate
Hot Prospect for the Future

Post by cescmate »

same for the players. everyone keeps saying it doesn't increase their intrinsic attributes but only people who play with the uncapped 20 patch ever get strikers with 100+ goals a season. striker with finishing 45 literally seem to score every single chance they get, it's ludicrous.
HaroldFinch
VIP

Post by HaroldFinch »

Is it possible that because people are now able to see the uncapped values, that they are purchasing the players with the higher attributes, whereas previously you couldn't differentiate between a 20 and a 45 because they'd both be displayed as 20, so you wouldn't always buy the better ones?
samsami
VIP

Post by samsami »

Uncap20 does not change anything in the game. It only calculates the values of the attributes for us, using the formula which the game engine already uses. Those values can sometimes be much higher than 20.

CM Scout Intrinsic does the same thing and also doesn't cap the scores at 20.

Neither the Uncap 20 tool, nor the CM Scout Intrinsic app change the way the game engine works. They are not patches. Both tools merely attempt to show the attribute values which the engine uses so that we may know which players will do better than you would expect from the scores in the players profiles which are capped at 20.
Last edited by samsami on Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
cescmate
Hot Prospect for the Future

Post by cescmate »

I know the explanations behind the uncapped 20, that is merely showing the actual attribute scores, but I just never see +100 goals strikers in saves without uncapped 20. Surely they're not all signing "crap" strikers that only just reach 20 finishing?
samsami
VIP

Post by samsami »

cescmate wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:30 am I know the explanations behind the uncapped 20, that is merely showing the actual attribute scores, but I just never see +100 goals strikers in saves without uncapped 20. Surely they're not all signing "crap" strikers that only just reach 20 finishing?
You could of course test it by playing (or holidaying) a season with a player who has a score of, say, 30 for finishing.

How many goals does he score in one season without the Uncap 20 tool activated (so his finishing shows as 20) and how many goals does he score in one season with the Uncap 20 tool activated (so his finishing shows as 30).

You would need run the test 10 times or so.
AMC
VIP

Post by AMC »

cescmate wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:30 am I know the explanations behind the uncapped 20, that is merely showing the actual attribute scores, but I just never see +100 goals strikers in saves without uncapped 20. Surely they're not all signing "crap" strikers that only just reach 20 finishing?
There's countless examples of people getting strikers to score 100+ goals without the uncap 20 tool, how long has the tool even been able for? A couple of years? So for 18/19 years no one had a striker score 100+ goals?
MadScientist
Patch Team

Post by MadScientist »

The uncap20s patch removes the cap on 20 in the formula that displays the attributes to the user. However, as explained in the old forum, there's no guarantee this formula isn't used by anything else in the game.

The only guarantee is the formula isnt used by the match engine, at least for most of the attributes, because I put a breakpoint in the formula during the matches and it wasnt triggered for most of the attributes. However there's no guarantee the formula isnt used by other things like scouts researches, player development, news feeds, etc.

When we found that formula, in the old forum we discussed that removing the cap on 20 could perhaps cause unexpected changes to the game, like I proposed it could perhaps make the AI managers smarter because if the formula was used by scouts then the AI scouts would "see" values above 20 too.

I even made some experiments in the old forum to try to find if the formula was used by anything else other than just displaying the values to the user, and i couldnt find anything using it, but theres no guarantee it isnt used.
MadScientist
Patch Team

Post by MadScientist »

This is one experiment I made with that formula on the old forum, to see if it was used by AI scouting:

"I made experiment to see if the AI managers calculate the ratting (i.e. the quality) of a player in terms of cosmetic or in terms of intrinsic
attributes or in terms of CA: I changed the formula above, so that all players with CA below 50 show 20 for all their CA-related attributes, and all players with CA above 50 show 1 for all their CA-related attributes. That means I didn't made any change to the intrinsic value of the attributes,
only to the cosmetic value of them. Holidayed 5 years.

I was expecting one of these results:

a) If the AI managers calculate in terms of cosmetic, then they would prefer those guys with 20s in all CA-related atts even if their
intrinsics were shitty, so after 5 years big teams would have many of those guys.

b) Or, if they calculate in terms of intrinsic or CA (or reputation, etc), then this experiment wouldn't affect the AI in any way as the AI would still prefer a Messi
(good intrinsics, good CA, good rep) with 1s for all his CA-related attributes than a shitty intrinsic, shitty CA player with 20s for all CA-related attributes.

The result I got after the experiment finished was "b)".

My conclusion to the experiment is: The AI managers doesn't seem to use this formula, they seem to use only the intrinsic values or CA, for calculating player ratting (quality).

I also didn't notice any change in any other parts of the game, so changing the formula above seem to have purelly cosmetic effect to be displayed to the user. However I put a breakpoint in the formula code, and I see sometimes this formula gets called during processing (days passing), so there is a chance the game is using the formula for something that isn't cosmetic, but i couldn't identify what exactly it is."

That didnt change the players performance too, in my experiment, the messi with 1s displayed in all his CA-related atts continued to be the same beast as usual, banging in many goals.

I also found that for a few attributes, like anticipation which i recall, that formula was called during matches, but for most attributes it wasnt called during matches.
MadScientist
Patch Team

Post by MadScientist »

Also worth mention I didnt do any experiment with non-player attributes (like physios suggested above), so also there is a chance the non-player atts formula is used for things that arent cosmetic.