Questions & Comments That Don't Warrant a Thread

Moderator: Dermotron

Kingsley
Stories Team

Post by Kingsley »

Dave435 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:44 pm Iv just had the cursor freeze on me during a game. Is this a game crash or a laptop issue?
Sometimes happens to me when my anti-virus (McAffee) is running. Cleard once the scan has finished.
Freezing the cursor doesn't sound like something the game would do itself.
Blanchimont2002
Youth Team Player

Post by Blanchimont2002 »

Hi guys quick question - I’m on .68, Tapani patch and latest data update. I’m managing in the lower leagues of England so trawling the freebie lists.

I’m noticing a fair few Irish players appearing with no previous clubs as if they’re youth players but they’re 23-27 years old. They’ve got good attributes and perform well.

Is this a glitch or are they players whose previous history just isn’t listed? If they are ‘youth’ players why are they appearing but older?

Cheers
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Post by Here2Win79 »

Blanchimont2002 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:23 pm Hi guys quick question - I’m on .68, Tapani patch and latest data update. I’m managing in the lower leagues of England so trawling the freebie lists.

I’m noticing a fair few Irish players appearing with no previous clubs as if they’re youth players but they’re 23-27 years old. They’ve got good attributes and perform well.

Is this a glitch or are they players whose previous history just isn’t listed? If they are ‘youth’ players why are they appearing but older?

Cheers
Regens from smaller nations / inactive leagues often come through in their mid 20s, going back to the original db.
Boulder
Decent Young Player

Post by Boulder »

I had a player on loan and then decided to buy him after some impressive performances. However, the player history seems to be lost from that season apart from the games he played on loan and it only shows that I bought him this season. Is this a known bug?

Kingsley
Stories Team

Post by Kingsley »

Not sure what the problem is. It shows that he played 1(1) games for Torquay and 2(1) games for Lazio in the 51/52 season. Are there games missing that he played ?
Blanchimont2002
Youth Team Player

Post by Blanchimont2002 »

Here2Win79 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:56 pm
Blanchimont2002 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:23 pm Hi guys quick question - I’m on .68, Tapani patch and latest data update. I’m managing in the lower leagues of England so trawling the freebie lists.

Cheers
Regens from smaller nations / inactive leagues often come through in their mid 20s, going back to the original db.
Ahh ok, makes sense. Thanks 👍
Boulder
Decent Young Player

Post by Boulder »

Kingsley wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:52 pm Not sure what the problem is. It shows that he played 1(1) games for Torquay and 2(1) games for Lazio in the 51/52 season. Are there games missing that he played ?
Yes, I loaned him early in the season, he played two games for me on loan at Torquay after which I bought him. Then he was mostly a regular in the side, apart from being *very* injury prone, but still I think 20 games or so. They have disappeared after the new season started.
Matistuta
Youth Team Player

Post by Matistuta »

Old player, new member here, and I noticed while browsing the forum that playing a two-man defence is frowned upon.

I only recently gave it a try after stumbling across an article about classic tactics, so I'm disappointed that the Atletico and Everton saves I've used it for are a bit tainted now.
Alan_v2
Decent Young Player

Post by Alan_v2 »

Try a two-man defence against ODB Bayern Munich and their 4-2-4 system and you will get humiliated.

I guess generally speaking it is not the defence aspect that is frowned upon; more the fact that you suddenly have additional players to deploy elsewhere on the pitch where the game engine can be exploited (i.e a 3x FC line, or an AMC with a f/arrow behind two FCs, plus in all cases a DMC).

Of course, you can get three FCs into a formation in other ways, but it may well leave you short elsewhere. It's just that the AI is not so smart exploiting gaps wide in your defence bar the 4-2-4 and the 4-4-2 push tactic. On the other hand, I find that a well-rounded attacking full-back can rate as one of the most effective players in the team, so it is very much horses-for-courses... play as you wish to play, and don't care what the people say.
Matistuta
Youth Team Player

Post by Matistuta »

I've only ever played ODB, and it's definitely not fool-proof (eg I'll move the WBs to FBs against Bayern in Europe).

One CB would look too weird for me to go with, though. I definitely agree with that.
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Post by Dermotron »

4132 + Offside Trap is an ODB Bayern murdering machine
Kingsley
Stories Team

Post by Kingsley »

Boulder wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:27 pm
Kingsley wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:52 pm Not sure what the problem is. It shows that he played 1(1) games for Torquay and 2(1) games for Lazio in the 51/52 season. Are there games missing that he played ?
Yes, I loaned him early in the season, he played two games for me on loan at Torquay after which I bought him. Then he was mostly a regular in the side, apart from being *very* injury prone, but still I think 20 games or so. They have disappeared after the new season started.
That is weird. I’d expect only only one line for Lazio, but it should have all the games he played for them that season. What is more weird is paying £5m for a player you know to be very injury prone.
Kingsley
Stories Team

Post by Kingsley »

Matistuta wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:54 pm Old player, new member here, and I noticed while browsing the forum that playing a two-man defence is frowned upon.

I only recently gave it a try after stumbling across an article about classic tactics, so I'm disappointed that the Atletico and Everton saves I've used it for are a bit tainted now.
It’s not frowned upon, just not a realistic tactic for a real life team to play. There is nothing to stop you doing it, it is a legitimate part of the game, so if it works for you, carry on.

This is a game. It is supposed to be fun entertainment, so if ctrl-alt-del and replaying matches works for you then carry on doing what works for you. Just keep playing !
Dirk Botox
Youth Team Player

Post by Dirk Botox »

Kingsley wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:22 am
Matistuta wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:54 pm Old player, new member here, and I noticed while browsing the forum that playing a two-man defence is frowned upon.

It’s not frowned upon, just not a realistic tactic for a real life team to play. There is nothing to stop you doing it, it is a legitimate part of the game, so if it works for you, carry on.

This is a game. It is supposed to be fun entertainment, so if ctrl-alt-del and replaying matches works for you then carry on doing what works for you. Just keep playing !
Fully agree although personally I get more satisfaction the less cheats/exploits I use. The moments I shout out a YES while wife looks at me like I'm an idiot are best.
But there's no YES when using ctrl-alt-del, for example.
HaroldFinch
VIP

Post by HaroldFinch »

You don't need to hit ctrl-alt-del - just retire your manager and you can exit without saving :D not sure how I know that one though :roll: :lol:
HaroldFinch
VIP

Post by HaroldFinch »

Dirk Botox wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:57 am

Fully agree although personally I get more satisfaction the less cheats/exploits I use. The moments I shout out a YES while wife looks at me like I'm an idiot are best.
But there's no YES when using ctrl-alt-del, for example.
That's how I feel. You're only cheating yourself if you play with 1/2 defenders, use a downloaded wibwob tactic or exit without saving. I will occasionally start a new save game just to test out different tactics, and exit without saving just to test different tactics under the same conditions (i.e. during the same match). I know there is a tactic tool to test tactics, but it's not as fun.
bsup68
Hot Prospect for the Future

Post by bsup68 »

Well a in CBs and a DMR DML setup I see the DM R/L postions as a wing back or a more offensive back postition which is seen a bit more in soccer today, than when CM 01/02 was a new game.

A bit like the wingbacks Conte deploy in the Tottenham-v-Soouthampton match today.
Matistuta
Youth Team Player

Post by Matistuta »

Unfortunately, I love this game too much to taint my achievements, such as they are. If two CBs is the same as downloading wibwobs or quitting without saving, I'm afraid it'll have to go.

I definitely agree that playing one CB would be cheating, but two CBs, two wing-backs and a DMC is basically how City and Liverpool set up in real life. It also makes me wonder why, in 20 years of playing this game, I've never been able to make a sweeper system work.

Saying that, I found I was leaking goals with my 2-3-2-3 at Everton (never had the same problem at Atletico, weirdly), and ended up switching to 4-1-2-3 with the full-backs' arrows going right up to AM. I tend to save two CBs for the 2-3-2-2-1 that I use against back-threes now.