How are you doing?

Moderator: Dermotron

Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

How are you doing?

Post by Here2Win79 »

I think the nuns probably lead to those 0-0 draws, praying for no-one to get hurt results in the goalkeepers both going home feeling great. Disappointing for Seck, who should have been coming into his prime as a striker at 28. Did he have any instructions? The game seems to be so headed goal orientated, maybe his low jumping held him back although by the sounds of thing it was his inability to understand the offside trap that did the damage.

Need to throw the last game of that World Cup if necessary for Scotland. Also probably best not to let the Ayatollah know about the nuns.
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

How are you doing?

Post by Here2Win79 »

♬ Oh, Coussemont, beneath the milky twilight
Lead me out on the moonlit pitch
Lift a lovely cross in
Strike the ball home and make the home crowd dance
Bakadal is sparkling
So Coussemont ♬

The fax of congratulation from my chairman for the 5-0 win over Sint Truiden is hand delivered to me by a tall, slim man, whose frown belies the good news he carries. He looks like Lucien, the librarian from the Sandman. The comic that is – I haven’t seen the TV series and possibly never will.
I greet him as I would greet any man after I’ve spent the weekend celebrating.
“Who the **** are you?”

Je suis Ghislain Coussemont, Mouscron Managing Director, aka your other boss, the first of course being our Chairman who is too busy with his serious investments in Lille FC today, so drink this lukewarm espresso, spray on this expensive eau de toilette, and be in my ****ing office in 10 minutes.”
“Why the ooo…, why the eehhh,… why the aftershave?”
“Because you smell like a brewery. And not a nice Belgian one either. More like that shithole on the Clyde that makes Tennents.”
I’m impressed by his knowledge of Glasgow, and have gathered my wits about me enough to ask a reasonably intelligent question.
“Here… isn’t Ghislain a girl’s name?”
“Probably. But you didn’t check what my first name was before you wrote your physical description of me, so we’ll never ****ing know. See you in my office.”

Damn, I’d missed an opportunity to introduce a female character. @Redknapp normally quite likes them. Ah well, with Karen Cairney’s upcoming review I’m sure football will be swimming with female characters shortly, and one of them can make an appearance.

The espresso is surprisingly good (by Mouscronian standards), the reason for which quickly becomes clear. Despite doing **** all to justify it, Coussemont’s office is far better appointed than mine, and has it’s own nespresso machine, with capsules in all the colours. Wonder what I need to do to get one of those?
He sees me eyeing it covetously. “Win a league title and it’s yours.”
Jesus Christ, he might as well be asking me to organise a moon landing. A real one, not that ‘Made in Nevada’ “one small step for man BS” you guys all gobble up. Leovi asked me to say that, I’m not sure what it means.
“Nice place you got here.”
“Well I am the headmaster of this school. Why are you still training here by the way?”
“Huh?”
“I’ve been reading this blog of yours. I can get one of the English department to help you with the punctuation by the way. Anway…” He flicks through a document on his desk. The handwriting looks a lot like mine. “Ah yes. To quote, ‘So this is what a facilities score of 6 looks like. Merde.’" He eyes me over thin rimmed spectacles. "This is NOT the Mouscron training facility.”
“Huh?”
“Your former assistant manager just preferred being around our all boys school for some reason I have never been able to fathom. Said it was best for ‘talent spotting’.”
Some men are wise in books, and some have attended the college of real life. My decision to replace the beady eyed pervert with Bert van Lingen looks smarter every day.
Monsieur Coussemont continues, “I think when you were writing up your story, you got confused with another save you started around the same time with Brighton. Makes sense, you are chasing a lot of the same players over there too. Very limited imaginaton you’ve got. Anyway, Brighton have got a 6 for their training facilities. We’ve…”
The music department timeously beat out a drumroll.
“… got a 10! There’s a bus outside waiting to take you there. Well, after it drops off 3G at the swimming baths. Did you know your old assistant manager is a lifeguard there now? Such a curious choice of career for an established professional football coach.”

► Show Spoiler

Great, voices in my head are just what I need. Must have been the pint of absinthe I drank to make Mouscron seem interesting. “Can you ask them to stop that please? Is that the only reason you called me in?”
“Afraid not. It’s the maths department that are most relevant at this point.” He produces from his desk one of those lovely red calculators they have in every high school that you can never find in real life. With an interlocking case and everything. Tapping commences.
“Current wage bill, £70k per week = £3.6m pa.”
“Estimated revenue, £70k per home match x 17 home matches = £1.2m. Plus sundry income of say £20k per month = £240k. Plus £50k crap Belgian TV deal. Plus, say, £300k for your final league position, equals what?”
I don’t have my own shiny calculator, nor fingers that I can count up ‘k’s on, so I just wait for him to tell me.
“£1.8m. Income of precisely half your outgoings.”
“So you’re saying…?”
“We’re headed for financial destitution faster than Leigh Griffiths. It’s time to make some tough decisions about that squad, and get at least 5 of them off the books.”
“I’ve got more than 5 of them listed, nobody wants them.”
“Then maybe it’s time to list some of the ones that people do want. Class dismissed.”
I stuff a few nespresso capsules in my pocket on the way out. Looks like the only bonus I’ll be earning for a while. It’s only when I get home that I realise without the machine, they are as useless as every director role in CM0102.
Theov
Decent Young Player

How are you doing?

Post by Theov »

This game always has a funny curve ball ready. Get ready for this one.
I was already qualified for the next round of the Champions League Cup, so I decided to play a bunch of backups.
From the jersey numbers of the players, you can see how many backups were playing.

I left some starters in like Kaladze, Tsigalko and Kerr... and Rosicky can be considered starter level material, but the Keeper, 2 defenders, a 36yo Maldini, my DMC, DMR and Esau are backup players.
During half time, while sipping tea, I told 3 starters (Tsigalko, Kerr and Kaladze) to let some other youngsters get some high quality minutes.

So, what do you think 6.5 backups and 3 subs playing in a mashed tactic do against Paris SG?

Bloodbath.
It was 3-0 after 16 minutes of game time. Pure domination.

This game is so crazy sometimes. That games you think you're just throwing away end up with domination victories. And then when some bottom dweller comes to San Siro, you struggle to even get a goal.
F1Krazy
Youth Team Player

How are you doing?

Post by F1Krazy »

Finally! At the fifth attempt, I have won the Champions League, and in emphatic fashion!

Johnny Allan, scorer of those third and fourth goals, was playing in Div.3 for Walsall at the start of the season. What a story!

And with that, I've achieved all I can with Charlton now. I'll probably resign, go somewhere else in need of a rebuild, and try and do it all over again.
bonjim
Trialist

How are you doing?

Post by bonjim »

F1Krazy wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:35 am Finally! At the fifth attempt, I have won the Champions League, and in emphatic fashion!

Johnny Allan, scorer of those third and fourth goals, was playing in Div.3 for Walsall at the start of the season. What a story!

And with that, I've achieved all I can with Charlton now. I'll probably resign, go somewhere else in need of a rebuild, and try and do it all over again.
Congrats man ;)
Theov
Decent Young Player

How are you doing?

Post by Theov »

F1Krazy wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:35 am Finally! At the fifth attempt, I have won the Champions League, and in emphatic fashion!

Find a bottom dweller in financial need.
evesham
VIP

How are you doing?

Post by evesham »

its taken me a while but Southport are going to the Premier League, with a final weekend 2-3 thrilling away win at QPR.
Poor Goalkeepers, decent defenders, poor midfielders and only 2 decent strikers, we struggled playing a 2-1-5-2.

Last edited by evesham on Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingsley
Stories Team

How are you doing?

Post by Kingsley »

What a difference it make to have a proper striker, and Jonathan Castellanos turned out to be just that. However a final word on “Forf Uk” Seck who somehow managed to wangle a £1m move to Ac. Viseu, who clearly never sent a scout. With that unexpected windfall, I splashed out £1.7m on Ivorian winger Mohamed Keita from LAFC. My time at Ivory Coast was also not wasted !

With 2 quality wingers (3 after the January window) a ramped up midfield and a top keeper (Gianluca Di Fiore had been on the books at both Roma and Napoli), along with Castellanos, there was no stopping a rampant Ionikos.

It didn't start brilliantly for the Mexican. Although we won our Cup group with wins over Keratsini (6-0), Thyella Kamariou (2-0) and Irodotos (1-1), Castellanos didn't score once. It was a 2-0 home win in the Europa League that finally saw him get off the mark and that saw us progress after a 0-0 draw away.

It was the second leg of the Europa League second round where the season started to gel. We had lost 1-0 at home and in truth deserved to as the 4-4-1-1 set up had created absolutely nothing. We were lucky to still be in the tie, but in it we were and I decided to experiment with a 4-1-2-2-1 that offered both more forward threat and better defensive cover. It's a formation I've tried before and sometimes it works and sometimes it bombs. This time it worked.

We were on top from the kickoff and Keita scored midway through the first half to level the tie. Despite a bombardment for the remainer of the 90 minutes, and the 30 of extra time, we couldn't find a way past Finn Böhmker and so we had the lottery of penalties. Both sides had and missed spot kicks to win, but it was only after the 18th, saved by Di Fiore, that we were finally declared winners.

With the new formation, it was now the wrecking ball as we demolished all in our wake. With such a short season, 26 games, there is not usually a big margin, so being declared champions by 13 points with 3 games to spare is hugely impressive. Castellanos scored 18 in total, 15 in the League, while the other new man Soufiane Chahir scored 4 of his own and 10 assists.

We were also still, in theory, in both cups. Olympiakos had pushed us in the last 16, winning the first leg 1-0, but back home and helped by a fortuitous red card, Castellanos scored twice in the last 10 minutes for a 3-0 win. Against PAS Giannina we have a 1-0 lead going into the home second leg, with Panathinaikos waiting in the semi final.

Europa League had offered a very easy draw after Wolfsburg. Felguieras 1932, Häken, Celtic and De Graafschap are hardly the super powers of Europe. Winning 2-1 at Parkhead was particularly satisfying. As things stand we are 2-0 down to a hugely impressive Valencia after the first leg of our semi final.

So that leaves me free to find a potentially tricky “J” job. Obviously Juventus would be the pick, but I don't see any realistic route to that job. My World reputation is currently 84th and to get that increased from any of the other “J” jobs is unlikely, without winning something first. I could build up Juve Stabia (currently relegation fodder in Serie C1/B), but that looks a tough route to take.

There are top flight sides in Brazil, Finland, Netherlands and Poland all of which look more tempting. If I need them, there are lower league sides in Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, Germany, Japan, Portugal and Sweden, but it is Poland which looks by far the most likely.

In addition, the current incumbent manager at Jubilo in Japan is under a bit of pressure. The tricky “J” might not be so tricky after all.
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

How are you doing?

Post by Here2Win79 »

Ariba! for Castellanos but surely some defenders deserve a mention after just 3 goals conceded in 23 games! How are the foreigners rules in the J League, if you do go to Jubilo, I think originally you could have 5(?) which makes it quite challenging as you have to fight off loads of suitors for any decent Japanese players. If they are in the Asian Cup though, that is one easy path to a trophy
Kingsley
Stories Team

How are you doing?

Post by Kingsley »

The defence actually got really poor match ratings, basically because they had bugger all to do. The keeper was the one who got the plaudits.

Unfortunately continental trophies don’t count (for precisely the reason of the Asian cup). Just the major league and cup trophy (in Scotland the league cup and the whateveritscalledthisyear Diddy cup don’t count).

Jubilo are in the second tier so I doubt they are in anything special.
Kingsley
Stories Team

How are you doing?

Post by Kingsley »

Before I continue, I should bring the story of Iran up to date. My first game in charge was the World Cup group D game with Mali. I went for a fairly conservative 4-4-1-1 formation that seemed to fit the players and in an even game with chances for both sides, we drew first blood thanks to Rangers Alireza Naderi. Mali levelled late in the second half and while I was pleased with the draw at the time, it turned out to be our undoing.

Brazil next and it was backs to the wall from first whistle to last. The defence did brilliantly to hold them at bay as chance after chance went begging for Brazil. In the entire 90 minutes, Iran had 1 shot, just before half time, and Naderi netted that for a brilliant win against the odds. It left us top on 4 points, just ahead of Brazil and Scotland on 3.

A draw against Scotland would have done it, but we were never at the races. Scotland scored just before the interval, had a man sent off just after and against 10 men we still couldn't muster a single shot. Brazil and Scotland progressed, but we went back to Tehran with heads held high.

There was then a long break before the Asian Cup and what a pathetic competition that is, especially without South Korea or Australia taking part. It all came down to when you meet Japan and for us, that was the final.

In the group stage, I did think that defending champions China might offer the biggest threat, but our 2-0 win was done without having to move into top gear. Jordan were pretty pathetic and even a super keeper performance from Oman's Salem Abdullah Al Juhaim couldn't prevent us progressing with a 100% record.

Quarter final saw Kuwait dismissed 3-0 and semi-final Bahrain brushed aside 3-1. All that remained was Japan in the final to be played in New Dehli. Japan were by far the favourites having made it to the World Cup final before being beaten by Poland. They set off as if they meant business and we were lucky on several occasions to survive. The turning point was the 28th minute red card for Ryo Fukada. Now it was a far more even contest and in truth the game could have gone either way. First goal was gong to be vital and it fell to us midway through the second half. Substitute Ali Ghazi with a stunning shot from the edge of the penalty area. Japan battled hard, but we had the extra man and one goal proved to be enough. Iran were crowned Asian Champions for the first time since 1976.

So that brings Iran up to date. Back to Ionikos where after winning the league title, I never played another game. Within days, there was a vacancy at Jagiellonia and not long after I was offered the job.

Playing for “The Jags” in red and yellow, what's not to like ? Of course I accepted, without hesitation. As for the board's request to “improve the squad” I could easily do that by just ditching some of the crap. 48 players and 26 of them 21 or under. It appears that every spotty teenager that was presented from the academy had been offered a permanent deal. Most of them were garbage that I couldn't even get rid of for free ! There was also an issue at the other end of the spectrum with a 38, 36 and 35 year old, all of them well past their best.

As for the positions, there were no fullbacks. None at all. A lack of many wingers made finding a formation rather hard. I did manage to select 21 from the 48 that I thought could form a 3-1-4-1-1 formation and set out with that for the final 5 games.

At first glance the league table doesn't look great, but the Ekstraklasa is a very strange league, so it needs a bit more analysis.

Look closer at the points column and 32 would put us in 6th or 7th. This is because the league starts with 2 groups of 8. The top 4 of each group plays for 1st to 8th in the main season and the rest play for 9th to 16th. Thus the best we could do was 9th place. Further analysis shows that Jagiellona missed out on a top half finish by 2 points, and lost the final game in the group thanks to a red card when they were 1-0 up. This team could, and should be much higher in the league than they are, and ditching the kamikazi 2-1-4-3 formation they had been deploying would help with that.

It needed a change from 3-1-4-1-1 to 3-1-4-2, but we did win all 5 games, including a 5-1 thumping of KZSO and crucially a 3-1 win over Piast Gliwice and that allowed us to snatch 9th place. Not much of a victory, but every little helps. 47 points would have placed us 3rd or 4th in any normal league.

So far I have released 11 players who I couldn't shift for free. 1 is leaving on a bosman, 2 on player exchange deals, 3 more leaving for free and 6 (one set up before I arrived) will be sold for cash. 7 players remain transfer listed (including the 38 year old who I hope will retire), but the bulk of the clearout has been accomplished.

I have also lined up 7 replacements, all Poles who were either free agents or unwanted at their current clubs. The finances say that I have £1m to spend, but over £7m in the bank. I will be looking to invest some of that in a top (by Polish standards) striker, which still looks like the weak department.

There is one big problem. There is no Polish cup. It never completed in 2026 and Slask Wroclaw, the 2025 winners are considered as the champions ever since.
RiderJake
Youth Team Player

How are you doing?

Post by RiderJake »

I'm doing fine :) Hi all!
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

How are you doing?

Post by Here2Win79 »

Sweet sweet sweet sweet Catatonia Jagiellonia

Good excuse for pictures of Cerys…

Any link with Partick Thistle to explain the Jags / colour choose or just a massive coincidence?
Kingsley
Stories Team

How are you doing?

Post by Kingsley »

Massive coincidence, but we did sell Ziggy Gordon to them a few years ago
AMC
VIP

How are you doing?

Post by AMC »

Kingsley - Unfortunately Inter didn't come calling and so it was off to Greece you went in search of further glory, although hopefully it's not glory with the Ionikos cheerleaders you find :D Quite a gap to make up in the league but I've every faith after some transfer business you'll be challenging at the top, while the club have done fairly well in the cup even before you arrived and so that maybe your best bet. Off the ball and finishing of 16, Seck looks good to me and should find the back of the net no problem, but how wrong me and you both were! Thankfully with goals scarce you had a miserly defence that saw you through to the last 16 of the cup and near the top of the league before you could look to add goals to your team in January, what a gutter then when your prime target got injured just before you could snap him up, and ultimately that was your downfall as you missed out on the league by just three points :( You still had the cup though and you made it through to the Semis, before once again a lack of goals was your undoing and so there would be no prize this year. Plans for next season underway already, if Castellanos doesn't score a bucketful I'll eat my hat! (Or go out and buy a hat then eat it!). Quite a bit of activity on the International scene too, I'm glad Hungary still qualified despite you leaving, and after a whistle stop visit to the Ivory Coast you were now looking forward to a World Cup in charge of Iran, I imagine the games against Mali and Scotland will be key to qualifying for the last 16.

H2W79
- Some Shamen to start things off :D Ejiofor looks a very solid defender for that level and he makes a winning start in a 5-0 win, although you still find a reason to have a dig at the SFA ha ha What a meeting with Ghislain too! You can now enjoy your new facilities, however it maybe worth asking if you can sell them and get some poorer ones to make up for the finances, you don't want to end up like Leigh now :D

Theov - Interesting formation there against PSG but it certainly did the business!

F1Krazy - Some achievement with Charlton mate, congrats!

evesham - Go on the Port! There's a drink of your choice in the Thatch and Thistle waiting for you on promotion to the Premier League.
Theov
Decent Young Player

How are you doing?

Post by Theov »

AMC wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:25 pm
Theov - Interesting formation there against PSG but it certainly did the business!
True.
I usually play 352 with dml and dmr and 2 mcs.
But when the personnel presents itself, I play with ml, mr and 2 dmcs, too.
Here, I mixed it up.

It doesnt always have to be symetrical. Symetry is just for the eyes.
AMC
VIP

How are you doing?

Post by AMC »

Kingsley - Nice work in managing to get someone to take Seck off your hands, and for a decent amount as well allowing you to bring in Keita instead, hopefully he's much better than his fellow African. Some teething problems for Castellanos and the team initially but a change of formation soon ensured you and him soon caught fire as you romped the league, miles clear of your nearest challenger, while in the cups you were through to the last four of both of them, but would you still be around for their conclusion?

To Iran then and the World Cup, and I couldn't be more wrong as Brazil was your only win in the group stage, but I was right in thinking the Mali and Scotland games would be pivotal in progressing from the group and sadly you could only manage a point from them two games and so that would be that. The Asian Cup was up next and what a blessing as both Australia and South Korea were missing, you'd imagine them two along with Japan would have been the three clear favourites to win the tournament. You made light work of your group including a comfortable win over defending champions China in your first game, and from there you overcame Kuwait and Bhutan with little trouble to make it through to the final against no surprise - Japan. It was a real close game which could have gone either way, but when Japan were reduced to 10 men early on it gave you the advantage and in the second half you got the goal that gave you the cup, congrats.

From Greece to Poland then as you take on "The Jags", can we expect a Polish version of your namesake? :D From a massively bloated squad full of spotty teenagers and arthritic OAPs, you managed to cobble together a side for the remaining five games of the season from those who were left, and they did the business winning all five games to end the season, maybe you don't need to do much after all to challenge for the title? The clear out is well underway already with plenty leaving the club while you've already arranged several deals in, hopefully you can find a striker or two (Castellanos maybe?) to fire you to the title, that's a bit of a kicker with the cup never resuming though :(
Kingsley
Stories Team

How are you doing?

Post by Kingsley »

I was right in thinking that Jagiellona were in pretty good shape. As well as the 7 that I already had signed up, I added 2 strikers, including Lukasz Dabrowski from rivals GKS Tychy for £750k, along with a couple of loans to pad out the squad. The numbers were reduced from 48 to 30, by far the smallest squad in the league, but 24 of them I would be happy to start in the first team. That proved to be crucial as all of the rivals may have had bigger squads, but most were filled with utter dross.

In the clear out, I sold me only non Polish player, an Armenian, and that left me with a squad of Polish players and an all Polish backroom (except for myself). My aim was to keep it like that.

The season started with a spate of injuries, especially targetting defenders. I thought that with 3 at the back, I would be safe with 7 defenders, but with 4 of them out, I was looking in a bit of trouble. I was already slightly concerned that the defenders were all very right footed and had started to look around for a left footed central defender when from the academy I was presented with Maciej Dampc.

I can no longer claim that I have never had a decent player come from the academy ! Unfortunately it was not the greatest of first impressions that Maciej made in a reserve game.

After working off that ban, he settled into the squad and became a regular in the first team, making 12 appearances at an average rating of 7.25. Injuries and suspensions (there were a host of red cards both for and against us) were the order of the day, so it was hard to create a settled side, but desipe losing both games to Slask Wroclaw, managed to take a slender lead into the second half of the season.

At least we would not get relegated, just as well as around half the squad are on £0 relegation release clauses ! Into the second half and while there were fewer injuries, the red cards kept flowing and as many of them came with 8 game suspensions, it used up the full squad. I did add a couple of wingers in the February (!) window as we were a bit light in that department. Over the first few weeks, the league changed hands evert time, with ourselves, Slask and Widzew all claiming top spot before immediately giving it up. It was only with about 8 games left to play that we put in a mini run of wins that allowed us to build a gap on the others. The title was sealed by finally beating Slask, after 3 filed attempts, and we were champions with 2 games to spare.

In a low scoring league, our 39 goals was the most scored, but still 11 less than any other winning team has managed, Dabrowski ended up with 10. 4 players all managed 3 assists each, but it was defender Maciej Wolsztynski who got top average ratings, with 7.55, followed by goal keeper Mateusz Tkocz, who somehow managed to play every minute of the season, on 7.54.

“J” is done and time to move onto “K”.
CMAdventurer
VIP

How are you doing?

Post by CMAdventurer »

You can't keep away from the Jags, can you? :D

The Ekstraklasa is a fun league to manage in with the bizarre league system. With the points for the first half of the season halved, it makes for a closer second half, with every game being significant. Shame about the cup no longer being playable but at least it didn't happen in your YCWEA story. Still, the league's not too tricky to win so perhaps you'll be tempted to move to Korona Kielce if the chance arises.

I've never had anyone of any use come through the academy either. Dampc looks like a decent prospect (when he's not suspended anyway).

You appear to have posted last season's league table for the final screenshot.
Kingsley
Stories Team

How are you doing?

Post by Kingsley »

CMAdventurer wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:12 pm You can't keep away from the Jags, can you? :D

The Ekstraklasa is a fun league to manage in with the bizarre league system. With the points for the first half of the season halved, it makes for a closer second half, with every game being significant. Shame about the cup no longer being playable but at least it didn't happen in your YCWEA story. Still, the league's not too tricky to win so perhaps you'll be tempted to move to Korona Kielce if the chance arises.

I've never had anyone of any use come through the academy either. Dampc looks like a decent prospect (when he's not suspended anyway).

You appear to have posted last season's league table for the final screenshot.
Fixed that league posting. Thanks.

I'm glad it's not just me. I thought that the points got halved at the end of the group, but it doesn't seem to have happened this time. I don't think it would have made any difference.
Huge gulf between the best and worst teams in that league. What won it for us is that we did better against the teams we should have been beating.
CMAdventurer
VIP

How are you doing?

Post by CMAdventurer »

I hadn't noticed the points weren't halved at the end of the group stage. Must have been changed with a recent patch.
Kevin
Decent Young Player

How are you doing?

Post by Kevin »

I've called time on my Leicester career, I think 4 seasons is enough. It's a tough gig and I appreciate the job Rodgers has on his hands, especially this season with the atrocious results. The fundamental thing to take away is the glass ceiling some clubs have when only around a 40,000 stadium. The finances that are needed to consistently compete with the big boys via attracting players/keeping your best ones just aren't there. It's 2 steps forward and 3 back with recruitment to just balance the books then you're back to square one, rinse and repeat.

Won a Community Shield season 1, League Cup season 3 and F.A. Cup season 4 along with 2nd/5th/2nd/3rd places finishes in the league.
► Show Spoiler
I'm sure Leicester would snap your hand off if offered that along with 2 Champions League campaigns and a run to the Europa League final but it's time for a different challenge. Couldn't get past the 2nd group stage in the CL, missing out by an agonising 1 goal most recently :cry:
► Show Spoiler
So I leave Leicester with a squad full of unhappy players after my conservative not doubling or even tripling some of their wages, there are some promising youngsters though. Harvey Barnes is off to Arsenal on a free which will be a loss but I'm handing my notice in to avoid having to sell others just to break a few million above even (again) :o
► Show Spoiler
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

How are you doing?

Post by Here2Win79 »

It’s funny the different things people enjoy in the game, I am weirdly a fan of having other teams chasing my players (although I wish they would do it in the close season) as I always have a 60 page shortlist of players I want to sign, and 10 guys in the reserves not getting enough game time. High player turnover is my jam. It was actually irritating as Genk having guys crushing it and no teams from bigger leagues swooping in to snap them up. Probably different if you support the team and want to keep your favourites right enough.
Kingsley
Stories Team

How are you doing?

Post by Kingsley »

Great effort Kevin. It does sound like Leicester is quite some challenge to keep that Leicester team together.
Fodster
Backup Player

How are you doing?

Post by Fodster »

RiderJake wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:11 am I'm doing fine :) Hi all!
I have wanted to do this...a lot!

I am pleased you are doing well!