How are you doing?

Moderator: Dermotron

Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

How are you doing?

Post by Here2Win79 »

I’m summoned back to Mouscron High School for my end of year review with Headmaster and Managing Director, Ghislain Coussemont. In a mark of how successful I’ve been in my freshman half season, first team masseuse (and part time dinner lady at the school) Gerta Soepellichaam serves me up a steaming nespresso immediately on my arrival. With an amaretto biscuit on the side and everything. I greet this charm offensive as you’d expect a man of my great tact and diplomacy to do… by tipping the contents of my hip flask into the coffee and growling at Coussemont.
“Would have thought I’d be doing this with the Chairman.”
Gerta flees the room, pausing only to spritz a little fabreze over the area in which I’m sitting. Is it called fabreze in Belgium? Le Fabreze, perhaps.
“He’s otherwise engaged with Lille, I’m afraid.”
“Oh yeah? How are they performing in the league?”
“No-one knows. You didn’t make the French league active, remember?”
“Then why is he ****ing there then? Six months in this craphole, I’ve given you a winning team, a fat profit, and a stunning new strip that sells like…” I have a look at my merchandising revenue line. “… moderately warm cakes. I was expecting some gratitude beyond this casual product placement and an overpriced biscuit.”
Typically Coussemont ignores the subjective nature of my complaints and latches on to the bit he cares about most. “A profit? Monsieur Bakadal turned down the move to Brugges I’m afraid. The numbers from the maths department are quite clear...” He pulls down his horned rim spectacles.
“...Quite clearly out of date.” I finish his sentence, and hand over my numbers. Just because they are in crayon doesn’t make them any less correct.
► Show Spoiler
Whilst Bakadal did turn down a move to Brugges due to them not meeting his personal terms – strange since they pay much higher wages than me, and he surely didn’t want much more than his current £800pw – his fellow striker has gone. The distinctly average Zoltan Ban has been snapped up by Tirol Innsbruck for £1.3m, whilst Telford took Catrain off my hands for… zero. And I still got the better part of the deal, This – combined with the recent big money sale of Teklak - means I am in profit for the year – seems like the maths department should have had more faith in me.
► Show Spoiler
“There’s still the matter of the unfair dismissal claims from our former assistant manager and fitness coach.”
“They don’t call me Mickey Mouse-cron for nothing, I got them both jobs at Eurodisney. The fitness coach is where he belongs – on the burger grill – and the assistant manager… well, best we don’t talk about why that’s an ideal role for him. The cases have been withdrawn.”
I leave the meeting with a promise of a new flat farther away from the church bells and closer to the gardens of Famiflora. This turns out to be an abandoned greenhouse actually in the grounds of Familflora – the wind howls through the broken glass and I quickly find out that the cactuses may have died, but the spines they dropped on the floor are still pointy. Thankfully I’m only dropping off my cases before I take the team on our mid season tour of Switzerland.

Those of you who have read my other story know I like to take care of some unemployed footballers at Xmas by bringing them in on charitable trials, and this year I’ve picked up a 23 year old Romanian striker, an African DM, and – at the personal urgings of Headmaster Coussemont - the local high school’s #9, 15 year old Vanderhaeghen. My coaches look them over and tell me to ditch the first two and keep the third. I think they might be… racist? Comparing the DM to the two in the squad that I already have and don’t want shows me that they might also be right though – let’s see how these trialists get on in the tour of Switzerland.
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

How are you doing?

Post by Here2Win79 »

My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I got out of bed at all, but as the morning rain clouds up my window, I see some handwritten envelopes on my doorstep.
► Show Spoiler

Dear Mickey, I wrote you but still ain't callin'
I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone at the bottom
I played 4 games on your Swiss tour, you must not have watched them
There probably was a problem with your ass man or somethin'
Sometimes I dribble at defences too sloppy when I'm runnin'
Listen man, why d’you bring me in on trial?
You got my digits, just pick up the phone and dial
You dragged me to Swizerland but haven’t tried to sign me
I’m in a hotel on Rue Courtrai, that’s where you’ll find me
Four starts, one goal, those stats aren’t too shabby
You should make me your new starting striker daddy
Yeah we should be together

I open the next envelope with a lot more trepidation that I opened the first.

Dear Mr High and Mighty Mouscron manager
I coulda scored more if you hadn’t played Ayala
Mickey you know that guy’s too old to be a baller
And in our last game against Concordia Basel
Did you notice me pull the defence away so Alo’o could dazzle?
Sure he scored four that day and I got none
Check out my teamwork att, I’m the unselfish one
And now I hear you’re signing up Vanderhaegen
Man, he’s only 15, I’m 23, man my heart is breakin’
But anyways, screw it, what's been up? How’s your league position?
Listen man, I hate to be an imposition
I just gotta know if you still need me up front
Or if you’ve signed some other… chap
I know you probably hear this every day, but I'm Mouscron’s biggest fan
I even bought a season ticket for my gran
I got a room full of your posters and your pictures, man
I love the new team colours, they’re totally phat*
Anyways, I hope you get this, man, hit me back
Just to chat, truly yours, your biggest fan
This is…
► Show Spoiler
With the frost misting up the windows of my Famiflora greenhouse, I decide to abandon reading the third verse, er I mean letter, and skip straight to the my riposte part:

Dear Stan, I read your letter, it made me start to worry
I haven’t signed you yet but I can’t say I’m sorry
Four starts one goal, you think that’s a stat to boast?
Two of those teams were part-timers man, you shoulda had them on toast
Call yourself an S C, but it’s Alo’o scoring 4
Man you should be ashamed to come knocking at my door
I was thinking of adding another forward cos Kuffour hates bad weather
But what’s this rubbish about us meant to be together?
Man that is just making me relieved I didn’t sign you
Hey I heard about some striker signed for a Romanian part-time team
Was it… ah fiddlesticks that was you
► Show Spoiler
*Hey don’t blame me, I’ve left the rhyming structure here exactly as it was in the original, “man”, “phat” and “back” can be rhymed if you just spit them real fast and then cut to Dido before anyone notices. I mean I cut the bit where he rhymes Hailey with sorry, what more do you want from me?
AMC
VIP

How are you doing?

Post by AMC »

I've fallen quite behind in here but I'll get back up to speed soon.

In the mean time the latest update of my Sir Bobby Robson Story is up here https://www.champman0102.net/viewtopic. ... 076#p72076
Kevin
Decent Young Player

How are you doing?

Post by Kevin »

AMC wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:20 pm I've fallen quite behind in here but I'll get back up to speed soon.

In the mean time the latest update of my Sir Bobby Robson Story is up here https://www.champman0102.net/viewtopic. ... 076#p72076
It's a great effort to give so much feedback @AMC, I look forward to and appreciate your posts whenever you can 😀 I'm going to enjoy reading through your Sir Bobby Robson story 😀

I think it has been a bit quieter in here and it was a shame to see Kingsley deactivate ☹ It's a big part of the whole 'keeping the game alive' to hear how people are still playing and enjoying.

@Here2Win79 Fair play on the 5 Milan trophies in one season, my lack of Milan updates = lack of Milan success and I couldn't emulate it 😫

Most trophies in a season was 3, I'd always slip up somewhere. I blame it on not being able to sign Kutuzov who had not long moved somewhere else so they wouldn't sell. Got some decent Ukrainians/Portugese speakers in but it wasn't enough.

I'm starting my new idea tomorrow evening as the F.A. Cup 1st round proper gets underway.
AMC
VIP

How are you doing?

Post by AMC »

Yeah this is one of my favourite parts of the forum and it's why I started the thread when we moved to this new forum.
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

How are you doing?

Post by Here2Win79 »

Kevin - definitely a different update as I’m sure I owned Kutuzov from the outset. He was a valuable source of last minute goals so could very well have been the difference. 3 trophies is not to be scoffed at.

Yeah we are defo going to miss Kingsley around here. I’m also going to try to get over to read AMC Bobby robson story when I can, I know from writing my Rangers story how great it feels when you get some feedback.
Theov
Hot Prospect for the Future

How are you doing?

Post by Theov »

I've had a quite successful season with Milan again, winning the League, Cup and Champions Cup after losing the final last year.
This year, Samuel did the exact same thing (get red in the CL Final), but got his red not in the 25th minute, but in the 16th.
After losing the Champions League Cup final last season, I wanted to keep the team together mostly and just add some players for the future.

I'd love to know who Racinocki is the regen of. But he seems to be a fine player for the future.
And I picked up a 27 y/o Bakircioglu for cheap.

My main 11 is more like a main 20, as there are quite some players rotating in a lot.
Out of 65 games this season (I didn't play any friendlies this year) Buffon played 52 of them. The backup keeper played 13.
Then the second most starts were by Tsigalko who started 43 games (66%) and 18 players played at least a third (21 games) of the games.

This is what the main team looked like, with their average rating and goals (I edited the photo, you can't see it like this in-game)
It was surprising to see that Cristiano Ronaldo (the only player that I edited a bit) scored more than Totti, and had more assists. However, this is also because I play Ronaldo at the Striker position and at AMC, and I don't do that with Totti, who only plays AMC.

I managed to only draw 2 games all season and lose only 2 games.
One game lost was against Lazio (1-2) where they just played lights out and even though we played well, they were just the better team that day.
The other loss was against Parma (1-2). One remarkable thing was that both Parma goals came off the foot of Adriano, who in all the other 25 league matches he played scored only a further 4 goals. So he scored 2 in one match against us, and 4 in 25 matches.

I didn't win the World Championship, because Atalanta beat us 0-2 in the semi-final.

This off-season I'd love to sell some players and let some reserves who are ready flow into the first team. I'm always close to my max of 49 players, so I want to slim it down a bit - or make space for new recruits.
Last edited by Theov on Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin
Decent Young Player

How are you doing?

Post by Kevin »

That's a great season Theov, your team is looking like an ultimate team or fantasy football team it is that good. It's good that Samuel's red card in the Champions final didn't cost you this time. Will it be difficult to decide who to let go to free up some squad space? It's always good when reserves or youngsters are ready for the 1st team.

I was going to start another Luessenhoff DB save and with Brentford. I needed to create some players with the editor though and after that/fiddling with the save game editor also; am getting error messages never encountered before 😫

Randomly I remembered an FA Cup 1st round proper from yesteryear when several players scored hat-tricks on the same day, it was 19 years ago. One of those players was Matt Harrold to become at the time Brentford's youngest ever hat trick scorer. So I created him with CA 50 PA -1 + future transfer from Harlow to Brentford and was going to follow his career (whilst hoping he would actually build on that early promise and become a prolific goalscorer). Also was going to try and emulate how Brentford have gone in real life, up through the leagues to be a sustained Premier League club and with the model of buying youngsters before improving and selling at a profit.

I've abandoned it though as got carried away on the editor, think I will properly try the latest update and patch.
Theov

How are you doing?

Post by Theov »

Kevin wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:33 am That's a great season Theov, your team is looking like an ultimate team or fantasy football team it is that good. It's good that Samuel's red card in the Champions final didn't cost you this time. Will it be difficult to decide who to let go to free up some squad space? It's always good when reserves or youngsters are ready for the 1st team.
Even though we didnt lose or draw many games, I wasnt so sure of a win all the time.
We only won by an average of 2 - 1/2.
Many 2-0, 2-1 games.
Tsigalko led the scoring lists again but it wasnt that crazy.
My strength is def in the back with 5 great defenders for 3 positions and Buffon keeping the goal clean.

Deciding on who to let go?
I will let the offers that come in decide that. An offer came in for my swing wing back (DML/R) and I accepted the offer after a while, thinking that I have enough players to cocer for the loss. Versatility does that.

Tbh, if any offer comes in, I'll accept it after some negotiation. Maybe except for Buffon and Santos.
I was going to start another Luessenhoff DB save and with Brentford. I needed to create some players with the editor though and after that/fiddling with the save game editor also; am getting error messages never encountered before 😫

Randomly I remembered an FA Cup 1st round proper from yesteryear when several players scored hat-tricks on the same day, it was 19 years ago. One of those players was Matt Harrold to become at the time Brentford's youngest ever hat trick scorer. So I created him with CA 50 PA -1 + future transfer from Harlow to Brentford and was going to follow his career (whilst hoping he would actually build on that early promise and become a prolific goalscorer). Also was going to try and emulate how Brentford have gone in real life, up through the leagues to be a sustained Premier League club and with the model of buying youngsters before improving and selling at a profit.

I've abandoned it though as got carried away on the editor, think I will properly try the latest update and patch.
I have wnever dared to get carried away in the editor.
Why not an OG database again? :)
chrisuren
Youth Team Player

How are you doing?

Post by chrisuren »

Been playing on the lussenhoff database and really enjoying this save with Leeds Utd. Bought for £15m after the board rejected the transfer of £20m for being unrealstic. Playing him in a centre 3 with Robbie Keane and Jermaine Defoe alongside. Scoring for fun. Really hoping to keep him for the entire of his career as I really think he could hit 1000 goals for 1 club if so.
Kevin
Decent Young Player

How are you doing?

Post by Kevin »

chrisuren wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:04 pm Image

Been playing on the lussenhoff database and really enjoying this save with Leeds Utd. Bought for £15m after the board rejected the transfer of £20m for being unrealstic. Playing him in a centre 3 with Robbie Keane and Jermaine Defoe alongside. Scoring for fun. Really hoping to keep him for the entire of his career as I really think he could hit 1000 goals for 1 club if so.
Hope you manage to keep Ronaldo @chrisuren and Real Madrid don't come calling in a few seasons like they did IRL when he played for another club.

How many goals have Keane and Defoe got? ⚽️
Theov wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:14 pm I have wnever dared to get carried away in the editor.
Why not an OG database again? :)
I usually switch between the latest database and then old school DB's for a few saves. Going to see what good young players develop in Oct 2022 then in the future think of an idea for an OG save again.
Theov

How are you doing?

Post by Theov »

I would love to sell some players, but unless I transfer list players, the clubs dont really come knocking on my door.
AMC
VIP

How are you doing?

Post by AMC »

Right let's start getting back up to date on things :D

Theov - Two fantastic signings in Totti and Samuel, can't beat strengthening yourself while weakening Super Roma in the process, although Samuel does like a card or eleven. Sadly you couldn't make it four Champions Leagues in a row after losing to Real Madrid, that red card for Samuel having a big say on things. There was some silverware though with you retaining the Serie A title, while you made it a domestic double with the Italian Cup win over Roma.

H2W79
- I'd have developed a saved game editor years ago if I knew it'd bag me Margot Robbie one day! So you managed to sign your OAP who has bags of work rate and his stamina isn't as bad as I was expecting, still he'll be buggered within half hour in your midfield.

From there though we jump to a new save with the Old Firm in the English Premiership, and not only that you're top going into the final third of the season. Nice to see Ugo in your team (RIP) while despite being out of position it looks like McCann and Arveladze are doing the business, while Tugay is reenacting Monaco away IRL (think it was that game he played sweeper), while Michael Mols gets the ball and scores a goal. It's not just England with a new look league though as in the Netherlands some Swiss and Belgian clubs also battle it out with the Dutch teams, while Belgium is just madness! :D

Kevin - Great work on the Champions League win, best of luck in taking on H2W79's challenge and moving to non wibwob.
chrisuren
Youth Team Player

How are you doing?

Post by chrisuren »

Kevin wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:46 am
chrisuren wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:04 pm Image

Hope you manage to keep Ronaldo @chrisuren and Real Madrid don't come calling in a few seasons like they did IRL when he played for another club.

How many goals have Keane and Defoe got? ⚽️
Cheers, Seem to be able to hang on to him for now. Signed him on a very long contract and set his transfer value to £100m seemed to have done the trick.

I finally managed to land Lionel Messi after a poor (by his standards) season at Barca, managed also to buy Julius Aghahwo, alongside Fernando Torres so it's a very powerful side at the moment. Had to sell Robbie Keane and Defoe as they wouldn't feature in my team for a while.I'll post some screenshots below.

upload photos

Really enjoying this save, the lussenhoff DB is very good because it's ODB data with a little bit of hindsight thrown in. During the close season I also decided to change the approach of the game, rather than try and play realistically I would use a tactic that is very overpowered (Thanks @camF) and just try and break every record going, So far it seems to be working. There are a few players I am waiting to flourish, Alan Smith, Paul Keegan and Steven Reid but other than that this is a very enjoyable save.

Also won the WC with England.

It's very overpowered by design, Xavi, Iniestia and Pirlo across the middle are my usual three, sometimes I play Robben.

Weirdly I always seem to lose 1 game a year, against Wolves or M'boro it seems. And this team are yet to crack Europe only winning the cup once since I started the save.
AMC
VIP

How are you doing?

Post by AMC »

H2W79 - Lommel give you a bit of a scare before you come back to win 4-2, but the fixture calendar hasn't been kind with three away games on the bounce ahead of the winter break. That's a very tidy deal taking Teklak to Genk, especially given he's nowhere near a regular for you, shame you couldn't get Daerden as well but I'm sure with the money you can bring in one or two players, and there maybe another potential sale in Bakadal. A defeat in the first of these games (can't you buy Franky two pairs of gloves? :D), but you bounce back with a 2-0 win over GBA, before closing things out with a 1-1 draw with Standard Liege as Ayala makes his debut for the club (and last appearance maybe?) which ensures you are top by three points going into the break. Bakadal stays while Ban and Catrain leave but it depends on how the trialists fair if any of them get a deal at the club. What a rap by Razvan Stan though :D Great work with that mate!

Pegster - A double with Stomil, they should have just given you the Super Cup then! No problems though as you overcome Cracovia 2-0 to land the trophy and you could look to move onto your new club.

Kevin - Hard luck on not managing to win all three trophies, it was always going to be a tough ask.
Pegster
VIP

How are you doing?

Post by Pegster »

After winning the Polish Super Cup, Scotland and the League Cup is next on the list. There weren't any available jobs in Scotland at the start of the season, but a couple of months in a club that I had been at previously became avaliable - St. Johnstone. I checked their schedule, and their next game were in the league cup. Perfect timing! Or so I hoped... I applied for the job, but they waited until after the league cup game with offering it to me, and they had lost that game. I recall people mentioning that the AI won't hire human managers who have just changed jobs, so I declined the offer and decided to wait a little more.

I did not have to wait very long, as Inverness sacked their manager, and they are in the quarter final of the league cup (which is to be played in the late winter, it's now October). I applied for and got the job, and was told to try not to get relegated. Sounds doable, the squad is decently sized and the players look decent for Scotland, with some internationals among them. The league situation could be better, but it could also be worse, and there's many months left still.

Theov

How are you doing?

Post by Theov »

I saved my Milan game just after the data update and now plan on first winning the Euro Championship with the Netherlands Holland, and then resign from both Holland and Milan to fin another club.
Either a bottom dweller, second leaguer that I turn into a yearly powerhouse or a team that has untapper potential like Atalanta or Feyenoord.
I have the major european countries and brazil/argentina selected.
If nothing finds my path I'll continue the Milan Domination.
forrestgump
Youth Team Player

How are you doing?

Post by forrestgump »

Here2Win79 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:59 am My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I got out of bed at all, but as the morning rain clouds up my window, I see some handwritten envelopes on my doorstep.

This was really good. Must have taken you a while?
forrestgump
Youth Team Player

How are you doing?

Post by forrestgump »

I finally finished a season on FM22. It only took me 36 hours.
Sure
Decent Young Player

How are you doing?

Post by Sure »

Bhutania 2033 : Tricks and sacks

January 2033

To summarize :

Bhutan FIFA rank : 117th (+48 places) with 326,06 (+138,09)

Transport United Rep : 1400 (+27)

Sure, Bhutan is raising in the ranking, now standing between Cameroon and Cambodia. But we know we'll slip in the coming times as we won't have much games scheduled for the 3 next years. For now, we can say we'll face Yemen in March, for our fifth clash in our recent and virtual history (damn, it's you again !).

Transport United is still gathering reputation, all by the power of the tedious clicks. Not that it changes a lot of things. At this pace, we could expect to break the 2000 pts ceiling in... well... 15 years ?

February 2033

Some news of Bhutanese hyperstar Hugo Duncan : The Starlet Begins...
► Show Spoiler
To his defence, he doesn't speak a single word of German, so we can hope he was misunderstood.

March 2033

The routine : MIPK finished 3rd in their group of CL 2nd stage, Hugo Duncan is the most controversal Bhutanese football player in the world (at the same time what kind of media takes care about Bhutaneses football players ?), and :

Yemen vs. Bhutan

Yemen is not a great football nation. So when they sent their B team on the grass, I knew the game was going to be laborious. It means that the game was really painful to see, but not more than the referees name to read. Seriously. The second period was even more boring as we scored on the sole try it was seen. Without being brilliant we clearly dominated the debates and emerged victorious. Diakité is still our best man in attack, being impressive in aerial play. Centurion is a mystery, sysmetically being rated 7 or above even when he does nothing spectacular ; could this be what we call "charisma" ?
► Show Spoiler
April 2033

Nothing uncommon with this :
► Show Spoiler
They are learning after all ! And all those harsh lessons are aimed to harden them before they can claim the prize of Bhutanisation ! Oh ! What a surprise ! We have a new toys... erm, I mean certified athletes who are ready to serve the grand cause ! Welcome to Adam Wynne and your PA of 80, as you'll be tasked to play somewhere on the left flank. Welcome to Vladimir Safronov, whose PA is 70, as I... don't know what to do with you but having someone who can cover 4 positions is always nice. Welcome to Denys Shutkov too, who look a very neat addition to the defense but not so much because is PA is only 75 and his next iteration won't be as effective. And welcome to Pawan Bhutia, because of your capacities to take the right wing and mostly because your name sound much like Bhutan ; and your PA is 80.
► Show Spoiler
Well... we lacked people in some positions so... you know... that's what they will do. Isn't it ?

May 2033

Ah the treason !
► Show Spoiler
Yes, go pass the rest of your existence wherever you desire ! I can't believe it ! His PA is 65, and the lad is fucking ambitious and wants to move in a bigger club ! But who do you think you are ? And by what kind of "bigger club" do you think you'd be contacted ? Did you forget that MIPK plays the CL every year ? And the fact that your reputation is due only to my stupid motive to bhutanise and promote people like you ? Get away, go back to Argentina, wear proudly Aldosivi colours on the fringe of the second tier here, and sink with them into the fantastic non-league level ! And forget sending post cards, I don't care about the south-american climate.

July 2033

Well, what were we talking about anyway ? I was ranting but... Oh yeah, I remember now : Anderson, a representative of the very first batch of bhutanised players, decided to hang up his boots for real. He left us with 23 caps, 5 goals and 9 assists (a record as you may imagine), 2 MoM awards. More important, he was the keystone of our left wing. He was only 31, vegetating away from the field, and even from the bench, since 2029 at Luton Town. He quits when his team reached the Premiership, probably conscious that if he wasn't good enough to play in the tier below, the situation wasn't likely to evolve in a favourable way.

His regen is only 15 and looks already very normal (understand : much better than our other natives) ; he lost his American nationality, too bad for Uncle Sam.
► Show Spoiler
Of course, he has absolutely no will to play in Finland at this moment. I would like to catch him fast enough I could shape him more precisely with the brilliant staff working at MIPK.

Speaking of MIPK, I signed the four aformentioned new fellows. I signed Europe too, for 6 months as player and staff, just to unveil his non-player capacities. And you know what ? He could be a very able manager. And you know what too ? He instantaneously decided to leave MIPK on Bosman. Well, at least, I can say he's fast to understand a situation.

Anyway : lol
► Show Spoiler
The formation program is still on the trail, which is unexpected. I told you I was now using CMScout to spot the best regens possible, and I cannot reproach some perplexity from the reader who is thinking "Good players will never accept a contract in Bhutan". Yet I haven't featured any prodigy of some kind (bar Romero who is actually unemployed after pissing me off and having been "fired" from my side).

But I can say the program is still running, mostly smoothly, even too smoothly. The fact is you can sign > 100 PA players in Bhutan. Not every > 100 PA player of course (some of them are asking for a salary of > 500,000 £ and I understand deeply). But for the most depressed, the most humble, the most dread of them, probably, it works.

Forget the starlet who need a private room, a personnal climatised jacuzzi and a very versatile secretary. All you need is to find young lads with absurdly low standards (and it's not written on their face when you are browsing the potential prospects I admit). Should they be a little reluctant (asking a salary a bit over my financial capacity), I promise them the shortest contract length possible. And when they agreed and signed, I immediately show them a new contract, a little more long... they happily say yes to it !

OK, I have many new boys, but I can't make them sign a 6 years long contract, because they are nice but not that dumb (well, if that...). What happens when I have to expand their contracts ? Sometimes, they are really fond of Bhutanese infrastructures and way of life, so they agree to sign any paper I put under their eyes. But more often, yes, it's a little more complicated.

So there is a ruse, and a stupid one. When I buy a player from Transport United for MIPK, I give the first money. A nice sum of it. Really too much for what I gain in return to say the least. Oh yeah, you remember Transport United cash counter is capped to not-that-much in the positive, so all this pieces and notes are useless ? The fact is : they are not. Because at the moment the transaction is realised, all those £$€ are AVAILABLE to be spent. Not to buy players (the process is too long), but to give new contracts to my experiments, and to reward them with an immense bonus on sign.

And they say yes once more !

Be aware that this available money will disappear the very day, so all the contracts must be renewed at once. And to the question : "Now you gave excessive bonuses to 15 players, what happened to your finances ?"... You think I could buy another player to put the finances in the green, and I may do this. But no. In fact, Transport United financial reserves are capped to the positive... AND to the negative, to the same meager extent ! So I just don't care, as does the board, because no harm can be made to our funds !

August 2033

Another qualification to the CL groups for MIPK. This time, we defeated M'gladbach. My Bhutanese fellows are already sharpening theirs cleats.

Speaking of them, Diakité decided to leave us by the end of the season. I don't really know why as he was playing regularly, and putting him as a starter didn't improve his mood. I wasn't willing to let this important Bhutanese player go away, but this is the common madness I'm facing in this project.

September 2033

Tajikistan vs. Bhutan

We once again found our "natural opponents" on the grass for a match which mostly served to Bhutanise my new experiments. Only Pawan Bhutia injured himself the day before the game ; it was probably the stress generated by facing the greatness of an event that would shape his entire destiny. The game itself was rather ordinary, with Tajikistan forgetting the existence of every of their non-local players and sending the grunts patrolling the field ; and Bhutan missing their attempts at an alarming rate like they always did. In the end, the only memorable thing was Hugo Duncan flaunting his talent in front of a very tiny crowd.
► Show Spoiler
November 2033

MIPK won the finnish league and the finnish cup. It wasn't as easy as usual, but we eventually overcame the many little difficulties we had to face : KuPS being sticked to us all the season long with no real reasons in my opinion, an infirmary filled to the brim, too many Bhutaneses at once and still learning to play football, a cramped schedule due to our engagement in CL where we clearly failed this year. So we didn't become bored.

The Bhutanese tribe was deeply involved thanks to an amazingly complicated rotation system and the many injuries which plagued the team. I didn't make the effort to capture Pawan Bhutia's stats as he did nothing particular (Ok, that's like the others did something special but at least they fit in the same picture).
► Show Spoiler
Many Bhutaneses are leaving us : the unhappy Diakité, the unhappy and greedy Centurion, the unhappy right from his arrival Europe. That's a good shovelful of nuisances I won't hear complaining again. Bourhan Mohamed will be 33 in january and I'd rather let him go and regen before the next serious WC quals. de Mello is leaving too as he has nothing good to offer.

I'll add to the problem list Jordan Duncan who is under monitoring after I spotted subliminal messages from his "future" screen.

In Asia, the WC quals ended with Lebanon losing to Ukrain. I was as usual put under fire by my Bhutanese boss for failing to reach the final stage of the competition and... fuck.
► Show Spoiler
Damned ! Why ? Oh no, I shouldn't asking of course : we sucked. But we sucked so better isn't it ? No ? That's a blow to my strategy. What to do ? Well, for now, my fake Transport United manager can apply for the job, and we'll see later if I need to pull a third human player from my sleeve to keep my business rolling. And hopefully :
► Show Spoiler
The madness continues ! An occasion to understand that in Bhutan we have a long experience in multi-management :
► Show Spoiler
Even Nakamura has three jobs : he's player/coach at Transport United and managing Togo at the same time ! I can't imagine his life if he was called to play for Japan !

December 2033

We close this year with two easy wins, a sacked manager, and many dissatisfied Bhutaneses breaking free from my Finnish fortress. At MIPK, the board announced a new stadium extension : 3892 seats for 18500 places sounds like a strange project when you know we just broke our average attendance record with... just above 3400 supporters coming. At least, if Finland hosts the WC one day, we could see some good games here.
Pegster
VIP

How are you doing?

Post by Pegster »

When I got the job at Inverness, I figured I could hope for some cup success and a quick move to the next job, but that the league was out of reach. Well, so much for cup success...

Looks like I'll spend the summer looking for Nessie and then have a go at the league cup again next season.

The other cup went better, but also ended without success:

The league, however, which I had written off with how far behind and hoped not to see the end of here anyway, went so much better than expected, and I'll get to play some European football again next season. This was the first league win for Inverness, they had two third places as best position previously.

My team is quite young, several of my best players aren't even 20 yet, so with the exception of one striker leaving on bosman and another coming in from free transfer, and my left side being in need of more players both at th eback and wing (only have two who can play left back and another two who can play left wing), I don't expect much transfer actvity in the summer. There's not a lot of money anyway, so I'll have to look for bargains for the wide players I want.
Shiny
Decent Young Player

How are you doing?

Post by Shiny »

Back after a self imposed break / attempt at retirement...

Just finished season 1 with Liverpool on odb. Won PL, Champions League and FA Cup and lost League Cup to Man U 😡

Also picked up Charity Shield and Euro Super Cup so very successful season and possibly my best with the Reds ever...

Now debating continuing this save or starting one with a lower league side for a RTG challenge...
AMC
VIP

How are you doing?

Post by AMC »

Theov - Samuel getting sent off in the final again :D At least you still managed to win it though to make it a treble! No picture of Racinoski so we can try workout who's regen he is? Hard luck against Atalanta in the WCC, but you've absolutely smashed the league there despite them two defeats. The end maybe in sight with Milan though, we'll see after the Euros with Holland.

chrisuren - That's some squad you've assembled at Leeds, Paul Keegan sticks out a mile though :D Not sure you need all three of them keepers though and with them all relatively young you'll probably want to sell one of them, while Evra can't play as a centre back so doesn't really fit into your formation.

Pegster - Such a shame you didn't get offered the St. Johnstone job before they went out the League Cup but you didn't have to wait long till you found a new job in Inverness, and with a couple of months till their next game in the competition you can work out your best side for it.
AMC
VIP

How are you doing?

Post by AMC »

New Sir Bobby Robson Story update posted - https://www.champman0102.net/viewtopic. ... 763#p73763
Kevin
Decent Young Player

How are you doing?

Post by Kevin »

Playing October 2022 with Everton.

Tactics are default 4-3-3 at home and 4-5-1 away with some slight tweaks.

Finished 3rd season 1 which was way better than either I or the board (stay clear of relegation) could have hoped for.

1st big decision was whether to cash in on saleable assets or not to raise some money for rebuilding. It was an easy decision as hardly any money otherwise, DCL would go as the 1st window shut and I cashed in on fan favourite young Evertonian Anthony Gordon in January. Joao Pedro would copy the career path of Richarlison and also a couple of youngsters for the future.

Spent some of the lolly on Alban Lafont (24m) as Pickford was equally likely to rate a 9 or a 5 and 7m Dan James who was listed and a good attacking option.
Season 2 squad;

The board expected European qualification this time and it was achieved by finishing 4th. In the Champions League we got out of both groups thanks to decent draws but then were absolutely stuffed by of course our Merseyside rivals :'(

Still plenty of cash in the bank but for season 3, I had umpteen bosmans arranged to come in. Was toying with the idea of selling some straight away to be greedy but in the end, It was just Pascal Struijk to replace Mykolenko who wasn't performing then Harry Kane and Declan Rice!

So for season 3, the board now expect a realistic championship challenge. Despite Champions League football, we've won nothing yet domestically so let's see how we get on.
Season 3 squad;

EDIT: Just realised what I've done regarding the images 😫 :facepalm: never mind lol