Questions & Comments That Don't Warrant a Thread

Theov
Reserve Team Player

Re: Questions & Comments That Don't Warrant a Thread

Post by Theov »

JLa wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:56 pm From 9 to 10
Maybe this is all in my head, but I think I'm seeing a pattern where my striker(s) gets 9 goals fairly quickly, but then needs several games to finally get the 10th. By then his performance never really picks up, and he ends the season on 13 goals or something.

It's happening over and over again, it's driving me nuts. It's not just a single player either, it affects lots of strikers.

Anyone else having this?
I've never noticed a 10 goal hump.
artross
Youth Team Player

Post by artross »

Theov wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:49 am
JLa wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:56 pm From 9 to 10
Maybe this is all in my head, but I think I'm seeing a pattern where my striker(s) gets 9 goals fairly quickly, but then needs several games to finally get the 10th. By then his performance never really picks up, and he ends the season on 13 goals or something.

It's happening over and over again, it's driving me nuts. It's not just a single player either, it affects lots of strikers.

Anyone else having this?
I've never noticed a 10 goal hump.
Same here. Usually my top strikers put way more in so I don't have a chance to think about how well they cope with 10th.
Nerazzurri
Youth Team Player

WB vs DM

Post by Nerazzurri »

In the wide positions, is their any significant difference to the match engine between DM's and WB's?
artross
Youth Team Player

Re: WB vs DM

Post by artross »

Nerazzurri wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:51 pm In the wide positions, is their any significant difference to the match engine between DM's and WB's?
"Positional penalty" is your search phrase. MadScientist is the author you need
Last edited by artross on Sun May 21, 2023 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
artross
Youth Team Player

Eyes Suffer Too Much

Post by artross »

Anyone playing on 4k monitor? Any tips to remove/reduce eye pain?
Tomck
Hot Prospect for the Future

Post by Tomck »

Does every Ai manager retire at the same age? Is there anything you can do in the editor to move them on from a specific club apart from completely knackering their attributes?
lamebird

Post by lamebird »

Hi everybody !
Just a question or more an advice really, regarding editing the Potential Ability for the following cases :
I'm trying to do some small edits in terms of notable & legendary players in regards to their potential ability but how do you realistically judge the Potential Ability of players who at some point played like superstars (early in their career or because of a particular system or under a certain manager etc.) but overall for the rest of their career they were a disappointment, they died down quickly or they never reached the same level like they did : i'm thinking of players like Lee Sharpe, Tomas Brolin or Grafite or even James Rodriguez or Mesut Ozil etc. I mean at some point they played like 170 or looked good for a 180 potential but in 2 years time they play like a 130. We had in Romania this player who maybe some of you have heard of (because of the game also) : Florentin Dumitru, a very good wing back, we called him "Little Beckham", very accurate crosses, superb passing, acquired a lot of caps during 2000-2003 period but after 2003 his donwfall begun (and this happened when he was still relatively young 26-27 years of age and it wasn't because of injuries either) and played like s...t for the rest of his career. In the original game he starts with a 170 Potential Ability but even though he might have deserved it back then overall 170 is way too much for what type of career he had. How would you rate such a player ? Give him a value in-between, give'em them a lower potential ability but keep their great attributes ?
Thanks in advance
brendanhunter39
Youth Team Player

Post by brendanhunter39 »

Does anyone know how to convert a .fmf file into a .tct file?
HaroldFinch
Squad Rotation Player

Post by HaroldFinch »

You can't. One is for Football Manager, the other is for Championship Manager.
Piltos
Youth Team Player

How is it decided when a player retires?

Post by Piltos »

Hi,

Does anyone know which attributes and/or other factors decides when a player choose to retire from the game. Is there a way to manipulate this, for exampel with a editor, to either advance or postpone the players descision.
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Re: How is it decided when a player retires?

Post by Here2Win79 »

Replying to bump this as I am also interested in the answer. My observations (non scientific):
1. Squad status plays a part, someone who is given key player status will stick around a while longer, and they also seem to be the ones who give you a season’s notice they will retire rather than “announcing their shock retirement” and buggering off the next day
2. This could be a false correlation however as someone who has key player status is presumably playing in most games and therefore it could be consistently playing that keeps their strength and stamina atts up and stops them retiring. However you do see players move their retirement back a year if given a new contract by a new club in the close season during which they intended to retire, where presumably that new club has told them they will be important
3. The game seems a bit racist to me, African players seem to retire earlier than European players of the same position. However this might be based on either (a) statistical analysis of African players that the original programmers did or (b) to maintain competitiveness of non playable national teams, the AI retires them early and regens them as 26 year olds to keep a decent pool for international call ups
4. Since the game has different peak ages for strikers, mids, and defs it also generally has staggered standard retirement ages for those positions in the order I’ve listed them, so you’ll see strikers start to retire around 32 whilst defs stick around to 35/36
5. I suspect natural fitness is a big driver but it is likely interplay of this stat with others such as det and professionalism. This is consistent with other parts of the game where it’s not one att that drives performance but a combination of a few. Generally you’ll see strength and stamina decrease in advance of a retirement but I think this is driven by the interplay of the other atts, ie it is a symptom of upcoming retirement not the cause
Tomck

Post by Tomck »

Is it possible to switch over clubs from one league to another while playing through a save. Mistakenly left clubs in the wrong leagues and a little deep to start again.
Russta

Post by Russta »

Bit of an odd request but does anyone have a full set of stats for some of the best players ever to grace CM01/02? Alternatively, a full set of stats for what could be considered a really good player.

Essentially what I want to do on my next save is add some of the players from Ted Lasso into the game as free agents and mirror players of yesteryear. So for example, add in Jamie Tartt as Ruud van Nistelrooy, Danny Rojas as To Maderia, Roy Kent as... a really good DMC etc. Then give them custom pictures and just have a fun time.

Does anyone have collections or spreadsheets sitting around like this?
Godfreemorals
Youth Team Player

Post by Godfreemorals »

Any suggestions for bringing players around to signing new contracts. I've a striker already set as a key player with one year left on his contract but that doesn't want to discuss signing a new deal and rejects any offer. Start every game with him and risk p*saying off the other strikers?
Boulder

Post by Boulder »

Godfreemorals wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:53 am Any suggestions for bringing players around to signing new contracts. I've a striker already set as a key player with one year left on his contract but that doesn't want to discuss signing a new deal and rejects any offer. Start every game with him and risk p*saying off the other strikers?
Probably nothing you can do about it, I think these cases are more or less symptoms in a club which is not big enough for the player's persona ;)
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Post by Here2Win79 »

Godfreemorals wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:53 am Any suggestions for bringing players around to signing new contracts. I've a striker already set as a key player with one year left on his contract but that doesn't want to discuss signing a new deal and rejects any offer. Start every game with him and risk p*saying off the other strikers?
If players say they won’t sign a new contract but the salary that is showing on screen immediately when you go to negotiations with them is less than the max the board set (also shown on the same screen) then they will sign that contract - generally a big jump in wages. If it is at the max then you can try is a massive signing on fee or offering a min fee release clause. Either approach leads to other players demanding new contracts if the first player does sign

I’ve also had players that waited until the final week of their contract before suddenly deciding they would be happy with a contract that was almost identical to what they were on before. Annoyingly after I’ve already identified and signed their replacements.

Finally you get guys who “don’t think you can meet their demands”. For those I had a weird one recently where I reduced his status to first team and he signed a contract as that, despite me allegedly not being able to meet his demands when I had him classified as essential. Generally though, those guys are leaving as they won’t even let you offer them a deal.

Not playing the player ensures they will leave. Not playing the player also increases the chance their morale will fall / they will show as UNH, increasing the chances of another team approaching them on a Bosman. Continuing to play them gives you a chance they will fall into the second scenario above and sign after the season is over when they haven’t had the lucrative offer from Real Madrid they expected.

Generally speaking S Cs are the player you can most afford to let leave as there are always loads available on frees every close season, so as long as your club has a decent rep, you can bring a quality replacement in for nothing.
Carlos Bacelar

Post by Carlos Bacelar »

Here2Win79 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:44 am Maximum number of human managers is 16
Yeah, I know. Is there some patch to remove that limit and enable more human managers?...kinda like Agent Smith taking over it all in the Matrix?
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Post by Here2Win79 »

Carlos Bacelar wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:20 pm
Here2Win79 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:44 am Maximum number of human managers is 16
Yeah, I know. Is there some patch to remove that limit and enable more human managers?...kinda like Agent Smith taking over it all in the Matrix?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4957&p=82062&hilit=Human#p82062
OzzyOzborne

Newbie needs help…..

Post by OzzyOzborne »

Hi All

Just joined and would like some guidance and help as to what to do next …..!

All responses appreciated
wilsonormesby
Backup Player

Re: Newbie needs help…..

Post by wilsonormesby »

welcome
have a good look around forum,with tools updates and info about the game,tactics etc if you already have the game on your computer start a new game with updated players or take on one of the challenges, if you need more help just ask
HaroldFinch
Squad Rotation Player

Post by HaroldFinch »

Are you stuck with anything in particular? There are tutorials, FAQs and loads of info on the technical support forum to help with that side of things.
OzzyOzborne

Post by OzzyOzborne »

Thanks for responses….
It was just a guide as to where to start…….basics really.
If the answers are in the forums I will search through
Thanks!
samsami
Stories Team

Post by samsami »

OzzyOzborne wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:08 pm Thanks for responses….
It was just a guide as to where to start…….basics really.
If the answers are in the forums I will search through
Thanks!
You may want to install the starter kit.

Also, do you want today's players or the original 2002 database?
Theov
Reserve Team Player

Post by Theov »

OzzyOzborne wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:40 pm Hi All

Just joined and would like some guidance and help as to what to do next …..!

All responses appreciated
Welcome.
"Next"... after what?
OzzyOzborne

Post by OzzyOzborne »

Will the game run ok on an iPad?
Thanks