Network Game Screen Resolution

freakystreak
Youth Team Player

Post by freakystreak »

I have a network game set up with the April 22 db and am using Nick's patcher inluding the network patch. .exe is set to Windows 95 and all is connecting and working.... except.... hosting the game is fine, the screen is full screen and scaled correctly but, my son's pc display is as such that it's zoomed in where as he can't see or select buttons to the bottom of the window.

We have tried dpi settings, monitor and display setting within Win10, different compatability modes and tried windowed mode. Any one experienced this an discovered a fix? Not sure if it's a Patcher issue when playing a network game.
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

On your sons computer, is he using nicks patcher too, if so, maybe he, or you, or both, change the screen res to the same fromn nicks patcher settings
Find me on YouTube and enjoy CM related content - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmoWKH ... wcF_cLC70w
freakystreak
Youth Team Player

Post by freakystreak »

Yes, we are both using Nick's patcher and both are using the same resolution of 1280x800.
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

Maybe then, if its all ok your end and not his, then could be an issue with the screen res of his device as oppose to the game,
Find me on YouTube and enjoy CM related content - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmoWKH ... wcF_cLC70w
freakystreak
Youth Team Player

Post by freakystreak »

Tried reversing with him being the host and the same happens on may screen. Could it be the patch causing the issue? Have you managed to play the game via network with all patches, updates added?
Xeno
Patch Team

Post by Xeno »

I dont have experience about network game, but could you just try this , display scaling. (if you did not try yet)

*** Error or any problem about display/screen/graphic/window mode/ 800×600 screen resolution such as 'Unable to Initialise the Graphics in Windowed Mode' , etc.:
Solution: That issue might be due to display scaling - go into the Windows 'Control Panel' > 'Display Settings' for your device for your display, and change 'Change the size of text, apps, and other items' scaling to 100%. Also might be due to high DPI settings in Windows, so right click on the cm0102.exe, click properties, and disable any high DPI settings.
freakystreak
Youth Team Player

Post by freakystreak »

No error or problem displayed. I will try the suggestions you offer. Thanks
Xeno
Patch Team

Post by Xeno »

freakystreak wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:17 pm No error or problem displayed. I will try the suggestions you offer. Thanks
You need to feedback if it is solved or not to help us learn.
freakystreak
Youth Team Player

Post by freakystreak »

Have tried changing text size to 100% and also disabling DPI settings. Neither help. Sorry for the late reply. Will try setting both machines to 1920x1080 in Nick's patcher and see what happens... Will report my findings.
Xeno
Patch Team

Post by Xeno »

Did you set to run cm exe as admin?
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

On your sons device - does he have this issue with a solo game, or is it just when connecting to you, as host
freakystreak
Youth Team Player

Post by freakystreak »

My son has no issue in a solo game. Spent a hour or so last night testing several things and managed to get everything working by just keeping both pcs to the default 800x600 resolution. I guess we will just have to play like that. Many thanks to those who helped. It's a shame that somebody hasn't done a remaster of the best football manager game ever.
HaroldFinch
Squad Rotation Player

Post by HaroldFinch »

No chance there is going to be a remaster, given that they still work on the Football Manager games.
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

Remaster? all you gotta do is get Nicks Patcher and the latest update, chuck them together and you got as close to real life as you can
petewillsmith
Trialist

Network game loads screen incorrectly on my friends game - resolution problem???

Post by petewillsmith »

Hiya,

I have recently set up a networked game with one of my friends, we've managed to sort everything including hamachi, firewalls etc but when he joins my network and clicks add a manager, he screen is expanded to the point where he cannot see the next box at the bottom of the screen.

Not sure if it is a resolution problem or something else, maybe someone has an idea how to fix?
We're using Nick's patcher, everything is set to windows 95 compatibility.

I would post some screenshots of the issue but not sure how to do so on this forum.

Pete
jasonrise
Trialist

Network game loads screen incorrectly on my friends game - resolution problem???

Post by jasonrise »

Here is the links to 2 photo's of the problem. Thanks. Jason

https://ibb.co/DKztKtJ
https://ibb.co/LzGNDbR
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

At a guess, its deffo a resolution issue. Try firing up Nicks Patcher, and altering the screen res to different sizes, and test from there. Maybe also, fire up the GDI exe and place into window mode
hajduksplit1950
Trialist

Post by hajduksplit1950 »

Hi all,

I'm experiencing the same issue, the player who joins a network game gets a crooked screen. Did you manage to find a solution besides the 800x600 resolution?
EdOli
Youth Team Player

Re: Network Game Screen Resolution

Post by EdOli »

I could never get a network game running on different rez other than 800*600
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

EdOli wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:48 am I could never get a network game running on different rez other than 800*600
Did you tick the box in the DPI settings, as this can be a fix for most peoples issues of Res issues
JT8

Post by JT8 »

Did anyone ever find a fix for this? I used to be able to host a network game with an improved resolution and it was fine. But now I am having the same problem where those that join have a distored screen and cant click buttons unless I revert back to 800x600.
TijaniBabangida
Decent Young Player

Post by TijaniBabangida »

JT8 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:41 pm Did anyone ever find a fix for this? I used to be able to host a network game with an improved resolution and it was fine. But now I am having the same problem where those that join have a distored screen and cant click buttons unless I revert back to 800x600.
Why would your resolution affect other people's screens?
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

I agree - resolution issues are specific to each player. Either utilise Nicks Patcher to rectify or Tick the DPI Setting Box, this will sort for most/all users having issues, but 100% a hosts issues do not impact anyone joining them
JT8

Post by JT8 »

Offside Trap wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:31 pm I agree - resolution issues are specific to each player. Either utilise Nicks Patcher to rectify or Tick the DPI Setting Box, this will sort for most/all users having issues, but 100% a hosts issues do not impact anyone joining them
When you say DPI settings box.. where is this exactly?

I agree, screen resolution is user specific. But when I use Nicks Patcher to update the resolution of the game from 800 x 600 to 1280 x 800 and it updates all the artwork etc. that is affecting others joining the network game. Having those joining the network game update their resolutions to match via Nicks Patcher does not fix the issue. Only if I revert my resolution back to 800 x 600 using the patcher does it look normal for everyone involved.

Thanks for your help
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

I can't grasp why others who join your game, would have graphics issues, as theyre not connecting to your graphics card, only the game, thats bizarre.

As for the DPI Settings,
Right Click the CM exe
Properties
Compatibility

Now 2nd from bottom they'll be a tab saying "Change high DPI settings"

click this and then check the box that says "Override high DPI scaling behaviour"