Here's how to play online without hamachi (just IP)

Rok3r

Here's how to play online without hamachi (just IP)

Post by Rok3r »

I've managed this with windows 10, it's an alternative to ahamachi and you just need to find your public IP from router or website like whatismyipaddress.com (it changes every time the router is restarted) and communicate it to your friends.

1) cm01/02 compatibility to "windows 98/me" and executes as administrator.
2) in the cm0102 folder, right-click on the IP file and click on "run as administrator". This will create a net-out files.
3) open net-out with notepad and enter your network values (LAN IP, not public) ​​on adapter 1, which will have everything 0.0.0.0. Than save to desktop as all file and copy/paste to the game folder.
4) Access to your router and go to " port forwarding " , create a rule with your local IP, port 6667, for both tcp/udp protocols.
5) Allow access to the cm0102.exe file on your Windows firewall.

They just need to put that public ip.
Done! :D
Very Easy.
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Re: Here's how to play online without hamachi (just IP)

Post by Offside Trap »

But very unstable, and won't be the fastest connection

Although CM came along before broardband, it wsa very flawed, using Dial Up back in the day, and whilst this may well work, seems silly to not just put a stable program like Hamachi (or something similar) as this acts as the key tunnel program, and 100% gives the better experience of Network Play
Find me on YouTube and enjoy CM related content - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmoWKH ... wcF_cLC70w
Rok3r

Post by Rok3r »

I'm playing this game with my Brother , he Is on android phone, i don't know if he can use hamachi.

Btw, in my experience, It seems to be fine but we are only two people.

But thanks for that info.
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

If it works, then great, I'd be concerned for the long term side of things though -
Find me on YouTube and enjoy CM related content - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmoWKH ... wcF_cLC70w