3 Man Record Online Game

Moderator: Network Game Team

Offside Trap
Youth Team Player

3 Man Record Online Game

Post by Offside Trap »

So bring you all upto speed on this record breaking game. It first started back in December 2013, therefore using the latest update at the time (Oct 13) and the latest patch (tapani 2.19) Only selected England a playable league (slight regret there) I started as Scunthorpe, Ian as Wycombe, and Pepe as Mansfield. After about 4 seasons, Pepe moved to Southampton, and a season or so later, Ian moved to Man Utd. It took me until the end of season 54 before leaving Scunthorpe. After many titles all over the shop (for all of us) I stepped down a division to take over at Liverpool. Forward another 21 seasons, and it was time for me to once again (after many trophies for all of us) step down a division, and take the helm at my locat team, Peterborough. As we are now into season 79, thats right folks, 79 years in, Ian and Pepe remain with their 2nd club, and myself at Posh, all battling on all fronts.

From an International perspective, we've all had many jobs, won the Euro, won the World Cup, but at present, only Ian has a nation, in his 3rd spell as England Boss, and doing a grand job.

They don't get more exciting (imo) than this. Over the last 6 and half years, we've dealt with many things, such as, PC/Laptops breaking, moving house(s) crashes on the game (weekly save always on) and although we've had times where we've not played for a period, we always return, and crack on with some great sessions. Dealing around our families and work patterns is tough, but we get through it. At one point, back towards season 65/66, I had a messed up laptop, and lost all the saves (I have 4) as they were all infected with a virus. By chance, I'd sent the save file to Ray as he wanted to do a write up, but it was 5 seasons old, so we agreed, to go back 5 years, which at the time, was real tough, but here are, stronger than ever

The real fun part, is locating those gems, or regens, with the hope our rival human managers don't find then, or finding that superb player with a minimum release clause. This for me, is all about taking the game to the next level.
Offside Trap
Youth Team Player

3 Man Record Online Game

Post by Offside Trap »

And so season 79 comes to an end, and what a dramatic final league game it was. Lets start with Pepe Page and his Southampton - well this is easy, he won nothing, finished 3rd, so will have to qualify for champs league. For me, it was a new record of making it above 3rd in the top flight, not only that, it was better than expected, my mighty Posh clinched the title on the last day of the season, with some help from Sheff Wed, who had stunned me a few games back at London Road, which had followed a memorable win at Old Trafford. As for Ian Doyle - he was looking to become the first of us to retain the quad, but whilst that fell, he did win the FA ad League Cup, and had the final say in the Champions League, as he beat the mighty Posh, who were in their first final.

It really is entertaining stuff, as the Utd gaffa stated 'It was a Leicester title' something the Posh Boss, has chose to ignore. Meanwhile the Saints head coach, has hinted at a possible departure after this abysmal season
Offside Trap
Youth Team Player

3 Man Record Online Game

Post by Offside Trap »

Ok Guys, a copy of the save is at the link below, if anyone wishes to have a gander, we're days away from the start of season 80

Note - Its tapai 2.19, but I've a feeling, it'd restore fine so long you got 3.9.68, that being said, - restore at your own risk

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ga1nin
Offside Trap
Youth Team Player

3 Man Record Online Game

Post by Offside Trap »

Really hammered out a few sessions of late, sees us mid-way through season 80. Its so tight at the top, where if Utd can win their game in hand, will be level with the Posh, so goal difference could prove key, but Saints ent out of it, yet, as they're only a few points off the pace. Games against each other are likely to be what decides it. All looking in Champs League, whilst the League Cup, looks good for Posh vs Saints,with the latter 1-1 against AI in the 1st leg of the semi, and my Peterborough secured a great 1st leg lead with a 3-1 win at Man Utd
Offside Trap
Youth Team Player

3 Man Record Online Game

Post by Offside Trap »

Things are really hotting up as we get to the business end of the season. Saints will take on Posh in the League Cup final, whilst they'll also clash in the FA Cup Semi final, after the latter beat Utd in the Quarters. Finishing 2nd in phase 2 of the Champs League proved costly for Southampton, as they'll face Man Utd in a mouth watering Quarter Final encounter. As for the league, AI have played their part, where only 3 points is the difference between the 3 of us, but we've all gotta play each other once more, that'll decide it. Posh's victory at Utd in the league ensured its as tight as it can be, as we hit the home straight of this epic network game season 80
Offside Trap
Youth Team Player

3 Man Record Online Game

Post by Offside Trap »

Have to share Pepe's post on this game from the other forum:

Season 80 has concluded and the south coast of England is bouncing tonight as Southampton are celebrating an unprecedented treble despite falling at the final hurdle in the quest for the quad.

It was a session to forget for Ian's Man Utd as they won just 3 of the final 11 games of the season and meant they could only finish 3rd, 10 points off Mikey's Posh in 2nd and 12 behind my Saints.

My Southampton claimed the league on the final day of the season.

1ST SAINTS 98 PTS
2ND POSH 96 PTS
3RD MAN UTD 86 PTS

The League Cup went to me after dispatching Posh in the final.

The FA Cup also went to me as AI fell in the final.

Due to how close the league went, Champions League honours went to the team from London Road in a game between second string teams (FITNESS LEVELS SHOCKING!!! )

They edged my Saints out 2-1.

So now comes the difficult decisions, who stays? who goes? As we tinker with our squads to make them better and see which gems can make the grade in the first team.

Uncomfirmed rumours coming out of Old Trafford are that the chairman has called the gaffer in to his office in the morning. Could this see Ian leaving the hotseat at the Theatre of Dreams? We shall see.

World Cup 2094 is next on the horizon. As Ian is the only one of us currently in International management with England, he must fancy his chance of doing well in the tournament.

Fans are believed to be starting a petition to have Pep P named new manager should England fail to get out the group and Ian to be relieved of his duties.

Mikey may also consider dipping his toe back into the international scene, SHOULD the right country become available.

ONWARDS!!
Offside Trap
Youth Team Player

3 Man Record Online Game

Post by Offside Trap »

Few small sessions have seen us fire through into season 81, but first, lets talk about the International Scene, where Ian's England were shocked at the World Cup, at the Quarter Fials stage, by... Wales... but never the less, he does remain in the hotseat as Euro Qualifying has commenced. Meanwhile the time was right for myself to take a role back on the World Scene, I give you.. Sweden - although poor squad, who knows. Pepe mean while remains focussed on his domestic challenge

As for the start of the EPL, the Shield went to Posh, after a last minute winner against Saints, whilst AI Sheff Wed shocked us all, as they battered my Posh in the Super Cup, but there was a first 'Inter-Continental' Trophy won by the mighty Posh - their first

The first league weekend shocked us, Posh went down at home to AI whilst Saints and Utd shared the spoils in a cracker of a first match. Meanwhile, Saints then went onto lose to AI whilst Man Utd dropped another 2 points against AI (Sheff Wed)

Plenty plenty plenty of transfer activity, Saints star Defender (Kompany regen) also called Luis Kompany, was made available, which started all the dealings, he opted for a move to Old Trafford, so the Devils' boss im sure will be delighted with his new recruit, given the player that went in part ex, was an average at best. Meanwhile Posh have spent a few quid, now that funds don't seem to be an issue at London Road, following a few departures, one of which, another 100m player

Onwards
Offside Trap
Youth Team Player

3 Man Record Online Game

Post by Offside Trap »

The bsuiness end of season 81. Utd have the upper hand with a 4 point gap over Posh, but that couldve been different had Posh not lost to AI on the same day, Utd were thumped at St Marys. Although Posh still gotta play their 2 biggest rivals, its sure to go to the wire on this epic of a game. Zlatan regen, agreed a move to Man Utd, which is likely to be a game changer for at least 10 seasons. Its all systems go
Offside Trap
Youth Team Player

3 Man Record Online Game

Post by Offside Trap »

Been a while since I did a video update of this badboy, so, the story goes on -

Offside Trap
Youth Team Player

Post by Offside Trap »

Really gettiing through season 82, with Utd and Posh going all the way. Saints are off the pace after a terrible run of form, despite their main striker looking to break all sorts of records on the scoring front. The games against each other are always key, with Posh beating Saints, Utd then beating Saints, and then Utd beating Posh. With Utd slipping up to AI with a draw, it gives them the upper hand if on equal games all won, but Saints with some real work to do, after dropping points left right and centre.

Plenty activity in the market, with Utd and Posh purchasing some lovely looking youth, whilst Saints have built up in the ressies with a few additions. All going as expected in the cups, with Saints ad Posh to meet in the League Cup Semi, with Utd in the other, and all 3 teams safely through in the FA and CL.

Utd claimed the World Club Cup, which in the past, has proved a jinx for an EPL challenge, only time will tell as we hit the exciting part of the season.

On the International front, Ian's England and my Sweden all head for the Euro Champs,
Offside Trap
Youth Team Player

Post by Offside Trap »

Season 83 came to a shocking end tonight as both Ian and Mikey had a shocking end to the season dropping more points than a prostitutes knickers!!
At 1 point, both led me in the league by 10-15 points but a surge by me came way way way to late. Ian crawled to the title despite losing his last 2 games, Mikey took second having drawn his last 2 games ending 2 points behin Ian. 3 points further back was my Southampton despite us romping up the home straight of the season.

So Premier League:-

1. Man Utd 102pts
2. Peterborough 100pts
3. Southampton 97pts

FA Cup

On the trip Wembley, Southampton defeated Man Utd to take the trophy back to the south coast. Rumours were swirling stated a tainted lasagne was the cause of Man Utd's end of season blip, but it turned out the rumour came from the gaffer's mobile. Police later quizzed him and let him off with a warning. Southampton are apparently considering legal advice regarding this matter and refuse to comment at the presnt time.

League Cup

The earlier trip to the home of English football saw Southampton demolish AI to take the League Cup back to the coast.

Champions League

Having brushed aside Sheff Wed in the Semi Final stage, Peterborough went into the final with a spring in their step. Southampton on the other hand destroyed Man Utd in the 1st leg 3-0, not even allowing their opponents a shot at all. The 2nd leg didn't fare much better for the Red Devils as the saints went marching to the final 6-1 on aggregate.
In the neutral setting of Berlin, Southampton came from behind to defeat Peterborough in a closely fought final.

International

All going strong in the qualifying stage for the World Cup 2098!

Heres a copy of the game, shoukd anyone wish to have a gander - end of season 83 with the Window having just reopened

Note - you'll need to unzip, therefore a program for this will be needed, WinZip or something, I use WinRar

You'll need 3.9.68 and the tapani 2.19 patch installed, but this might work without the latter, I'm not sure, so do so at your own risk

Remember, this game started back in Dec 2013, using the 'then update' October 2013 update, and the 'then patch' tapani 2.19, with the starting year as 2014 to avoid crashes with tapani. As we fast approach 7 years (in real time) of playing this game alone, it really doesnt get boring, the only regret is that I only selected England as a playable league

Enjoy

https://www.sendspace.com/file/hcwjji
Offside Trap
Youth Team Player

3 Man Record Online Game

Post by Offside Trap »

Season 84 came to a shuddering halt for me as the curse of the world club cup reared its ugly head at St. Mary's. Having had the BEST season in quite some time, it fell apart as The Saints could only draw there last 2 premier league games. Rumours of a spiritualist being seen at Old Trafford were strenuously denied by the flustered Man Utd chief although he did drop a vodoo doll of the Saints chief!!

Premier League Finished :-
- Man Utd - 103
- Southampton - 101
- Peterborough - 94

The FA Cup went to The Saints after a 1-0 victory over Mikey's Peterborough

The League Cup is on its way to Old Trafford after a 1-0 victory over Peterborough

In a repeat of the previous season, The Champions League also went to St. Marys with a 2-0 victory over you guessed it - Peterborough!

Targets -

So with NO World Club Cup next season, The priority for Southampton MUST be a Premier League crown.
Ian's target surely MUST be to get back to the Champions League finals.
Mikey on the other hand, MUST have his eyes on a trophy

So now the usual process of refreshing our squads begins, with all 3 of us expected to make minor tweaks to our sides, with Mikey calling in a group of assistants to help him sell SEVERAL members of his team as he begins the MASSIVE rebuilding process, including selling 2 brazilians for combined fees of ALMOST £300M, although as I'm Brazil gaffer, i'm controlling his purse strings!!