Network game randomly shuts down

Moderator: Network Game Team

flamjam
Youth Team Player

Post by flamjam »

Hi all,

Ive been playing a network game with a friend, Im currently the host via Hamachi, and every so often then game will completely shut down on my end.
Its not happening at any specific point, its just random. Is there anything I need to change etc, as ive followed all the previous instructions, the itself works fine, its just the random shutting down, i guess its nothing major and weve set to auto save as often as poss, just curious if anyone else had this issue.

Thanks
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

That sounds/seems like an install issue, of some kind, and not anything Network related.
Are you using a patched version, and if so, which? or are you using ODB?
Maybe back up the save, and to a clean install, and this may solve your issue, but certainly doesnt seem like its anything a network game is causing. Have you looked in the tech thread? Whats the date of your crash, and have you tried holidaying past it?
If a gum boil could boil oil, how much oil could a gum boil, boil, if a gum boil could boil oil ?
flamjam
Youth Team Player

Post by flamjam »

hi,

thanks for your reply.. im currently running the game on 3.9.68 using ODB, there is no specific date as to when the game shuts down, its just random. the reason i thought it might be a network issue was because this has never happened whilst playing single player.
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

In which case, maybe uninstall and clean reinstall Hamachi, that may refresh things up a little bit. Also, double check the ~net file is correct, and this may have changed
If a gum boil could boil oil, how much oil could a gum boil, boil, if a gum boil could boil oil ?