Game On

Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Game On

Post by Offside Trap »

I'd been toying with the idea of kicking off a new Network game few weeks back, so last week Matt (Scarlett1) and myself, finally got up and running. Although our first session was a bust, as we opted for the latest update, it was horrible, which we both agreed on, and called it, to start again, using the best database in the world, and the following rules - referred to as "Game On"

ODB (with NickPatcher)
No WinWob
Minimum 3 at the back
2 Wide Men in any match day team
7 Transfers per CM Calendar Season
To Maderia deleted
No Man Marking the GK

Yesterday, we concluded a monster session, lasting close to 8 hours (can you tell we were off work) where we finished Season 1, and even made a start on the next. We all know who the main boys are in the ODB within the EPL, as Man U & Arsenal were off limits - step up, the next best 2 - I took over Liverpool, whilst Matt took Leeds. With plenty of money at Elland Road, it was a case of spending wisely, given the restrictions of how many players could arrive. At Anfield, there was decent money, but a worrying injury prone set of players

As season 1 came to an end, it was Liverpool who took the title with some superb performances through-out, meaning the last game, they could give a run out to some fringe players, having already secured the title, where the ressie boys did will in securing a win over Leeds (double for the season) it would be fair to say, Liverpool's exit out of European Competition at Phase 1 of the Champions League, possibly helped in their title triumph, but at the time, not gonna lie, I was raging. The League Cup, saw the big 4 all enter the Semi, where Liverpool went down against Arsenal and Leeds went out to eventual winners - Man Utd. Then there was the FA Cup, which was nicely done by Leeds who claimed the most famous domestic cup in the world. As for the Uefa Cup, Leeds' heavy run of games proved costly as they exited at the last 8 stage

Questions were asked, what would pre-season have installed, what sort of players would arrive at Elland Road and Anfield, and more so, would any of us move on, well, as Leeds claim the charity shield, we were both still in the dug out for the match. With Leeds finishing 4th last season, it meant a Champs League qualifying couple of games (I normally call them friendlies) but whos the worse team they were drawn against - yep - the team that finished 3rd in the EPL last season - the team that got thrashed to Roma in last seasons competition - Man Utd. That being said, with the Shield win, they also hold a 1-2 first leg impressive lead

Some big players have arrived, and although allocations are not filled up yet, still time for moves in the market, as money circulates around the world. It would appear both of us, look to see out another year, but who knows whats around the corner, as options across the main leagues in Europe & South America might tempt us

Find me on YouTube and enjoy CM related content - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmoWKH ... wcF_cLC70w
Scarlett1
Youth Team Player

Game On

Post by Scarlett1 »

. Leeds found it very very tough season with so many injuries and not much depth and horrid amount of fixtures, well done for mikey mate for winning the league. Hopefully leeds will be closer next season 🙄.

Great first post mate on game
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Game On

Post by Offside Trap »

The next YT Part on this badboy of a game - as we crack onto season 4

Find me on YouTube and enjoy CM related content - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmoWKH ... wcF_cLC70w
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Re: Game On

Post by Offside Trap »

Season 5 is off and running, and an eventful start indeed. With Valencia claiming the Spanish title, its all systems go for me to move on, if the right job comes along, so far, that hasn't happened, but some decent buys, as we kick of a Champs League Challenge. Meanwhile for Matt and PSG - well last season was one to forget, nothing went right, as PSG surrendered the French League, went out of both domestic Cups and then exited the Champs League, ensuring at best, runners up was the finishing place on the last game of the season. So the new season kicks in, and some monster purchases, which will make PSG a force domestically and in Europe. 2 Games in, and all seems well with 6 points, then game week 3 ends in defeat, and Matt Collier Brown is given his P45, in a stunning twist to the game. With a few more weeks played, Matt seeks a job as his world rep takes a hit, but still claiming ESA as he watches the parade go by - Stay Tuned
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

A YouTube update on this game, as we really crack on, alot has happened since the last post :)

Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

A monster stream last night, saw us go through pre-season, and kick off the season 7. With plenty of signings and interaction across the social media platform.

Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

An update as Season 8 kicks in, sporting a tweak to the station

Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

Season 8 comes to an end - and we have a mixed bag installed for you, on all front

Having taken over PSV mid season, they went onto secure title the League/Cup/Uefa as you know, well, we were more than on course for retaining the title, and were balanced well in Phase 2 of the CL, but then we had breaking news - DRUM ROLE Matt left Dortmund, having lead them to 3 successive domestic title, he took over at the mighty Ajax, to do battle with me in Holland, and in a similar position in the Champs League. However - days before his first game, against PSV in the Cup, we had more breaking news - DRUM ROLE it was time for me to leave Holland and return to England, and take on 15th placed EPL fallen giants - Leeds Utd - sporting some quality players and plenty money. So, what did the 2nd half of the season have installed for us? - for me, finishing 8th and runners up in the FA Cup will do nicely, a Uefa Cup spot, and some big signings already arrived, more is expected as we look to dethrone Man Utd, who have dominated since Matt left Leeds all those years ago. Then there was Ajax, slipping out the Dutch Cup in Matts first game, he went all the way, only to just miss out on the League to an equipped PSV team. Thats not all, Matt who has failed to win the Champs League as a manager, somehow did the impossible and claim the trophy, defeating the very team who sacked him, in the final, no other than - PSG. With the Batistuta and Weah regens now at the club, Im expecting Ajax to mount a massive challenge on the Dutch title, and as Leeds boss, I feel a top 4 spot is in order, at least.
Scarlett1
Youth Team Player

Post by Scarlett1 »

As mikey said . Arter the shock horror in france with psg , My Journey in germany was finshed . I felt i could not take dortmund further than i did . With that i moved on to ajax to once again take on mikey for the title each season with our current titles at 1-1 when in same league . Im sure are paths will meet again . With ajax chasing down a strong looking psv team from 9 or 10 points behind ,psv started to drop points and ajax found them self needing to win last 3 games . But with ajax had game after game 4 games in 8 days ajax blew it with a draw away from home and losing league by a point but we was happy closing the gap. We had tough games in Champs league Knock outs with milan in quarters and then man utd in semis but we brushed them both aside with Batistuta regen coming to life . Then what can i say my old team in final PSG and we tore them apart with Ibrahimović brace. Manager Matthew Collier Brown now has his eyes set on the league title and who knos his time in holland might be done . TBC
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

A Friday morning Facebook stream, saw us fire through pre-season, but we have big breaking news all over the shop

Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

Its Game on, as another season ends
Scarlett1
Youth Team Player

Post by Scarlett1 »

Well after arriving at Real Madrid the first season saw us winning nothing squad depth was a massive issue. We now move on to the new season and some decent signings will hopefully make us go one better on last season 2nd place. Im looking for the title and a semi final minimum in champs league. Who knows if we win league we could move on . At some stage some stage me and mikey need to meet again in the same league and plant are roots down and stay for more than 2 seasons.

Tbc
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

An update for anyone following this
Scarlett1
Youth Team Player

Post by Scarlett1 »

As we move on to the new season. Manager of Man Utd we are having a horror show . Could another sacking be put on my CV i fear the worst . We will go again and again. Have made some good signings but nothing seems to be clicking . We currently sit 17 after 2 draws and 1 defeat . Last season seen us somehow finsh 3rd on last day of the season , at one stage we was down to 7th and iwas lucky to keep job . I give myself 8-10 games to make a turn around or the board will be sacking myself . This post is a little update on myself . đź«Ł
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

Season 14 has come to a conclusion!

Credit where its due, what started out as a horror show for Matt and his Man Utd - he went onto claim the EPL, with a game to spare. The dip in form of Arsenal was more than welcomed, as Utd also clinched the FA Cup.

Over in Germany for me and Dortmund, it wasnt the ending we wanted, but never the less, a slight improvement. Finishing runners up for a 2nd year, but claiming the German Cup, was the highlight, after a very rocky end to the season, which at one point, saw the job status as 'Slightly Insecure'

Building has already began, especially in Germany, where 4 players have already agreed moves, meaning only 3 left of the capped 7. Has to be a title challenge from the Germans, and stop HSV making it 4 in a row. Meanwhile, Man Utd, have some crackers arriving on an unprotected contract, as it looks like an assault on the Champs League will be the aim, and a better league challenge, which won't see as many dropped points - or . . . could we see Matt leave Old Trafford, as he has now matched my own feat, of winning the EPL with different clubs - who knows - time will tll
Scarlett1
Youth Team Player

Post by Scarlett1 »

Well . With season 14 finshed what can i say . It was a horror show at the start of season with us being in bottom 5 for a number of weeks . All the new signings then appeared to turn up week in week out . Morale was key and that was the key to the change in form . Man utd started to climb the league and rise up and up and before we knew it we was in the top 3 and 4 points of the lead. Man utd met the leaders arsenal who come to old trafford, but with a boring 0-0 drew i felt the league was gone as at this stage they moved 6 points ahead . Arsenal then somehow started dropping points game after game and we managed to claim the title. Champions league showed us getting eliminated by roma who ripped us apart away 4-1 and then 0-0 at home . With some major work need doing with transfers for next season thats the next step . All that said im happy with the double with the league and fa cup . We plan to stay here for a number of years and plant the roots but there is un finshed business at psg.
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

< < < PSG > > > will you ever forgive them for giving you a P45
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

It's been a while since we updated, in fact too long, so,

Season 17 is firmly off and running, and boy we've seen some changes during the last campaign. Matt and his Man Utd were looking to make it a hatrick of EPL titles, whilst my Liverpool were hoping to improve on a 3rd place finish, as my first season (since I returned to Anfield) began. It was a strong start from me, whilst a shaky one from Utd, and as we reached the New Year, Pool were in control, which meant only one thing - does Matt accept the job he applied for? - so he opted to leave Old Trafford and re-join, the team he secured, many of his titles with, thats right, back in Germany, and back at Dortmund. Sporting an incredible squad already, assembled from Matt several years back along with myself just over 18 months back - 7 more available purchases were on the cards, and make the Germans (who now have a 150k capacity) an even stronger force. But, like it did with me when in Germany, the deadline came quicker than we thought, and only 2 recruits managed to get through the door, so a loss of 5, as the next window will be next season (after the update) never the less, an even stronger squad rallied to re-claim the title, Matt's 13th as a manager, and with 6 more players having arrived (7th in due course) you'd feel, a Champions League Win is on the agenda. Meanwhile, back in England, last season, the mighty Liverpool, held firm, to clinch the EPL, which kicked off wild celebrations as I claimed my 9th Title overall. After alot of frustrating games in England, from both of us, I then went public with the disgusting defensive tactics that were being played by most of my opponents - due to my outburst, this lead for me to exit Liverpool for a 2nd time, shortly after July, where a vacant job was waiting - yes, I moved, ands returned for a 2nd stint at... PSG... where building has commenced for the current Champions, which had over 120m in the bank, which turned out to be only half of what was available to Matt in Germany.

Stand by for a YT update on this epic of a Heads Up Network Game
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

Half way stage of Season 18 - and we have some changes to go through

Matt's Dortmund have stood firm during the last campaign and retained the League with ease, and falling at the last hurdle in the German FA Cup. Meanwhile over in France, its been a fairy tail return for as PSG boss as we clinched the title with ease, adding the French FA Cup along the way. Then came the Champions League, where the mighty Matt's German giants, met my mighty French giants at the quarter finals, where away goals proved vital as PSG advanced and went onto lift the trophy, and make a treble winning season

Season 18 kicks off, and after a cracking year in France, it was likely I'd move on, with Inter offering me a massive kitty, on the day of that job offer, a certain German job offer was being advertised, so it was NO to Inter, and a 4th application to become the Bayern Boss - then it was confirmed, that I'd be returning to Germany for 'unfinished business'. This lead to Matt applying for the vacant job at the French Champions - also with 'unfinished business' in the country, and although being offered the job, he turned it down, to focus on a Champions League challenge, and seeking a 3rd German Title on the bounce, with what is expected to be a cracking season ahead

Mid-way through, and Bayern's Uefa Cup challenge is looking good, Dortmund meanwhile have a very tough looking Phase 2 of the Champions League, but I was once told "to be the best, you've gotta take out the best'. With Dortmund out of the German Cup, they did claim the League Cup. Then theres the latest league standings, with Bayern looking strong, having beaten their biggest rivals (which was live on Facebook Stream) the champions have endured a tough season so far

Onwards
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

BREAKING NEWS
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

Season 20 is firmly off and running - we sure get through some mid-week sessions. Since the last update, we have a double breaking news.

Having clinched the title, and exiting the Champs League - Matt leaves Dortmund, and returns to (for unfinished business) PSG - sporting over 100m in the bank, and a decent setup, he was able to get 7 players in before the update, 3 more (prearranged) so they dont count, and then has 5 more done and dusted in the new season, with the final 2 arriving in Decemeber. Could this finally be the time where Matt gets rid of old haunts to the time when PSG sacked him? can he finally claim a French Title? - Season 20 will give us an answer. Scraping into the Champs League (4th) he will look to make a challenge on that, aswell as bring domestic glory back to Paris

Then theres me, with the Quad in sight at Arsenal, it was League Cup final defeat, followed by Champions League elimination at the Quarter Finals, but the bad run halted, and we held firm to clinch the EPL with the Gunners. Knowing the squad still needed much work, few games to go (FA Cup Final) we did what we set out for, in winning the title, we packed our bags and returned to Germany for yet more 'Unfinished Business' as we took the vacant job role. Surrendering the the FA Cup, we were in the German Cup final, which we sailed through to victory. With the window opening after the update, its 7 more recruits expected to strengthen an already decent looking German setup. 12 Months ago, we were Bayern Manager, sporting my first German top flight title, since, we've returned to England, but now, we have work to address, after my last spell at Dortmund, ended with me walking away having not claimed the title
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

As season 21 kicks off and we hammer through, have a gander at todays stream, and if you want, take a look at the linked save

https://www.sendspace.com/file/wci083
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

As season 22 concludes, we're raring to go for the new campaign ahead, as we both make ourselves known in and around the world

Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

Season 23 comes to an end in brutal fashion, in a special extended FB stream.