Challenge 40 - The 12 States of Brazil

Moderator: Official Challenge Team

James
Official Challenge Team

Post by James »

State Championships in Brazil are football leagues in each of Brazil's 26 states as well as the Federal district, and in the case of the Campeonato Paulista is the oldest football competition in Brazil, first being contested in 1902. Due to their longevity and the fact that a National Division wasn't set up until 1959 due to the sheer size of the country, State Championships are held in high regard within Brazil.

Your challenge is to win as many of these State Championships as possible within 12 seasons, and
fortunately as in CM 01/02 there are only 12 State Championships not 27 to play for, there is the distinct possibility of completing the full set if you are lucky.

Initially you will take over
recent Copa Libertadores and Brazilian Serie A winners Flamengo and try to conquer the Campeonato Carioca, before moving onto a new club within a different State Championship and trying to win that before moving on once again.

RULES

- Oct 2019 update (Saturn v8 can be used).

- you can use any formation (wib wob or non wib wob) however you must have at least three defenders and at least two wide players.

- you can only sign Brazilian players and backroom staff, however any non Brazilian players or staff you inherit at a club can be used.

- no month-to-month contracts.

- once you have won a State Championship with a club you can no longer earn any more points for that State Championship, and should look to move on to another State Championship which you are yet to have won.

- this is all about the different State Championships so there are no points on offer for any other competition.

State Championship

Winner - 100/200/300/500 (if managing a National Division 1, ND 2, ND 3 or Non league side)

Runners Up - 80/150/200/300 (if managing a National Division 1, ND 2, ND 3 or Non league side)

Semi Finals - 50/80/100/200 (if managing a National Division 1, ND 2, ND 3 or Non league side)

Additional points

For winning at least 3 State Championships you receive 1,000 points.

For winning at least 6 State Championships you receive 2,000 points.

For winning at least 9 State Championships you receive 5,000 points.

For winning all 12 State Championships you receive 10,000 points.

1 point for each State Championship goal scored (includes playoff games).

SCREENSHOTS

- screenshots of anything that earns you points e.g. State Championship tables and playoff games.

- a screenshot of your transfers/loans in as well as any staff hires.

Best of luck!

You can choose to create the game yourself, or download a pre-loaded save here (this save will work on the v3.9.68 patch)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kingsley
Stories Team

Post by Kingsley »

I must be a glutton for punishment as I'm looking at starting this.
One clarification .... "once you have won a State Championship with a club you can no longer earn any more points for that State Championship" - If you come runner up can you go again and get points for both seasons, or is it once you have got points for that state then you need to move on ?
And another thought. If a state is going pear shaped and an offer comes in mid season, or even after you have won, are you allowed to move on and get points for that year ?
James
Official Challenge Team

Post by James »

Kingsley wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:14 pm I must be a glutton for punishment as I'm looking at starting this.
One clarification .... "once you have won a State Championship with a club you can no longer earn any more points for that State Championship" - If you come runner up can you go again and get points for both seasons, or is it once you have got points for that state then you need to move on ?
And another thought. If a state is going pear shaped and an offer comes in mid season, or even after you have won, are you allowed to move on and get points for that year ?
Hey mate can only move on once won the championship, can’t take other jobs before. Keep coming second and getting points that way is fine
Kingsley
Stories Team

Post by Kingsley »

First state done with very little trouble.

Bangu scored all 3 goals that we conceded. Gabriel Barbosa (18) and Bruno Henrique (17) were the top scorers with Gabriel (9) providing the assists.
No jobs on the horizon, so I'll try to up my rep by adding the Libertadores where we are through to the semi finals.

181 POINTS
FrozyLucky
Hot Prospect for the Future

Post by FrozyLucky »

Excellent start, good luck!
Kingsley
Stories Team

Post by Kingsley »

Second season. Second state title. Little opposition.

193 POINTS THIS SEASON
374 POINTS TOTAL
Kingsley
Stories Team

Post by Kingsley »

Third title in the bag. Central is one I had my eye on as there are no Serié A sides in it. Cuiabá are currently the only Serié B side, so this is the weakest state championship

282 POINTS THIS SEASON
1000 BONUS POINTS FOR 3RD TITLE
1656 POINTS TOTAL

I do have a concern as something is not right. I am currently getting over 90% wins and even though I have good sides playing against non-league dross, this is unheard of. On a good run, 65-70% is what I would normally expect. I want to make sure I've not done something wrong before I submit any results.
Last edited by Kingsley on Fri May 28, 2021 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
James
Official Challenge Team

Post by James »

Kingsley wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:12 pm Third title in the bag. Central is one I had my eye on as there are no Serié A sides in it. Cuiabá are currently the only Serié B side, so this is the weakest state championship

282 POINTS THIS SEASON
1000 BONUS POINTS FOR 3RD TITLE
1656 POINTS TOTAL[/b]

I do have a concern as something is not right. I am currently getting over 90% wins and even though I have good sides playing against non-league dross, this is unheard of. On a good run, 65-70% is what I would normally expect. I want to make sure I've not done something wrong before I submit any results.
I found it very easy to win most the time but buying cheap excellent players in Brazil. The hardest thing about this challenge is to get all 12.
AMC
Official Challenge Team

Post by AMC »

Don't doubt your abilities mate :D
Kingsley
Stories Team

Post by Kingsley »

I knew that something was not right. Sure it is easy to build a good side to win the State tiles, but I was getting 90% wins even in SerieA/B league games.
I always use a patch, which is in the rules, but it looks like this time, I selected the Fix "super keepers" (BETA v2) option. I have since run some benchmark tests both with and without this option and without, I get my usual 60-70% wins. Select this option and goalkeepers become like jelly fish and the same team with the same fixtures, it goes up to 85-95% wins, every time.

Unfortunately I can't find a way to remove this once it is applied and I tried to do a repatch from scratch without this, but the save game crashes. I am going to carry on for fun, but I won't be submitting any results at the end. You might want to also exclude this option from any challenges.
James
Official Challenge Team

Post by James »

Damn I wonder if that happened on mine or other peoples saves, to be honest never knew about it. Would have still given you the points mate. Which patch has this bug?

Shame something that fixes super keepers makes the game so much easier !
Kingsley
Stories Team

Post by Kingsley »

Nick’s cmpatcher v2.08 added the super keeper patch
V2.12 added the v2 patch which he says is “toned down”
Kingsley
Stories Team

Post by Kingsley »

Another season and another title. I don't think that I have yet to lose a single state championship match !
Again Sport Recife are a Serié B side and there are no Serié A sides in this state.

286 POINTS THIS SEASON
1942 POINTS TOTAL
Max Force
VIP

Post by Max Force »

Well, damn Kingsley. You didn't even bother to draw one game? LOL.

Insane results mate!
Kingsley
Stories Team

Post by Kingsley »

Max Force wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:59 pm Well, damn Kingsley. You didn't even bother to draw one game? LOL.

Insane results mate!
It's not me. That superkeeper patch just makes this ridiculous.
Max Force
VIP

Post by Max Force »

Kingsley wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:36 pm It's not me. That superkeeper patch just makes this ridiculous.
That's an understatement... :-D
Kingsley
Stories Team

Post by Kingsley »

Finally lost a state championship match !
This was a strange season. Couldn't land a Serié A job, so went for Serié B Águia de Marabá who had a truly awful squad.
Thanks to a generous loan market, kept them in the league on the last day of the season.
More loans in (22 in total with just 3 permanent additions) was enough to win a 5th State Title
The one loss was (typically) to Plácido de Castro, their only points of the season.

266 POINTS THIS SEASON
2208 POINTS TOTAL