Challenge 43 - Tre Tulipani vs The German Legion

Moderator: Official Challenge Team

General Smuts
Official Challenge Team

Post by General Smuts »

banana wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:34 am
General Smuts wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:23 am
banana wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:09 am Cool! I'll give this a shot. Since everyone seems to be going for the Dutch guys, I'll have a go with Inter :) (ironic since I am Dutch myself :p)
Quick question: the 4-3-3; do AMs with forward arrows count as forwards? I plan to use my 4-1-2-2-1 tactic...
Have you got a screenshot of the tactic please? I'd define it as 4 defenders, 3 midfielders and 3 forwards. So I don't think AM's would count towards the forward's.
Something like this....
In fairness - now I've seen Redders' 4-3-3 formation (based on the default) I think I'd have to accept this as a 4-3-3 as the arrows would make it 3 forwards with the ball. Same principle as the wingers on Redders' tactic.
General Smuts
Official Challenge Team

Post by General Smuts »

Fantastic effort on being first back on both Inter and Milan Redders! Scores look pretty good too.
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Post by Redknapp69 »

Didn't do a lot in the cups or Europe but trucked along well in the leagues IIRC

Don't think I had the most productive 3 Germans/Dutchies either TBH

Great fun though!
AJ
Backup Player

Post by AJ »

Took the challenge with Inter first. First season was a bit of a mess with all the sales and all, but managed to land my three Germans in the first season so they had some time to settle. All the foreigners were sold or released and we ended up second in the Serie A, miles behind Juventus. My three German assets were young Jan Thielmann, a 22.5M buy from Koln, Florian Neuhaus came from Monchengladbach for 20M and Maxilimilian Arnold, a snip at 6.25M from Wolfsburg.

Second season we were off to a great start but really stumbled towards the finish. Somehow there were barely any good Italians that wanted to join and lack of depth bit us in the buttocks in the end. We came in second again, 1 point behind champs Milan (ouch). We got pummeled in the Italian Cup Final by Lazio 5-3 and we got eliminated in the CL semi's with two losses to PSG, 1-0 and 2-0. Didn't win a lot of awards either. Bastoni won defender of the year for zero points, we got seven players in the team of the year for zero points, my striker Belotti got Italian topscorer of the year, but he's Italian so zero points again :) Only Florian Neuhaus got third place at the Italian Serie A Player of the Year awards, netting us a cool 10 points....

So, the final tally for the second season:

10 awards points
200 second place points
50 Cup Runners Up points
200 points for semi CL
390 points for 39 German Goals
145 points for 29 German Assists
100 points for 10 German MotM

1095 points in all for my pretty poor effort at Inter.

Now, with the lessons learned, let's try this at Milan :)
AJ
Backup Player

Post by AJ »

oh I also made some screenshots of course.

Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Post by Redknapp69 »

Nice one AJ

I wanted to get Neuhaus but he had a bad injury in my game which stunted his att's rising as well when he could have been available to sign at end of year 1

Did the biz for you though

Bitch of a draw in CL SF but a darn good effort to get there