Oostenders

Strike Force One
Reserve Team Player

Re: Oostenders

Post by Strike Force One »

Solid building blocks there pal for season two.

I know these will probably be impossible but there were characters called Matt Jackson and Andy O'Brien in the soap....
Will think of others for you if I can.

Good luck for the season ahead, I foresee a comfortable mid-table finish minimum.
ebfatz
Social Media Team

Post by ebfatz »

Here2Win79 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:57 pm The Cameroonian FA calling you to tell you a player had been called up by Senegal was certainly unorthodox but I guess Senegal have outsourced to save costs. Surprised a player in the Belgian third div has joined such exalted names as N’Diaye, Diouf, and.. er, Fary, but after 3 matches without a game it seems he was only called up to save them buying traffic cones for free kick training.
A top East End signing brought in for the new season, and with bravery, aggression, and determination to spare, he could give Danny Dyer a run for his money - although sadly in the boxing ring, not on the football field.
I wouldn’t imagine promotion will be too difficult (unless Mick gets a run of games) as I understand from the FB group that Javan is a goal grabber. Not sure about glass cannon Israel though, 16 inj prone for a hard tackling DM is not promising. But I’ve stuck £20 on Javan top scorer / Oostende promotion, so I expect to have enough money by the end of this season to rejoin the ranks of the Trillionaires. Don’t let me down
Nice spot. Not sure how I managed that?!

Hoping Javan does what the community have seen him do. It'll be my luck that he turns up broken!
Find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Search
: TheEbFatz

ebfatz
Social Media Team

Post by ebfatz »

Strike Force One wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:36 pm Solid building blocks there pal for season two.

I know these will probably be impossible but there were characters called Matt Jackson and Andy O'Brien in the soap....

Good luck for the season ahead, I foresee a comfortable mid-table finish minimum.
Was there. I haven't watched for years but I don't remember those names.
The only Matt Jackson I know is from AEW!
Search

Strike Force One
Reserve Team Player

ebfatz wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:36 pm
Strike Force One wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:36 pm Solid building blocks there pal for season two.

Was there. I haven't watched for years but I don't remember those names.
The only Matt Jackson I know is from AEW!
Yeah bud, they existed. Andy O'Brien was a nurse and Matthew Jackson was the manager of the music shop. Think they were in the soap's early days.

Happy to do any research on names for you if need be....
ebfatz
Social Media Team

Post by ebfatz »

Strike Force One wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:18 pm Yeah bud, they existed. Andy O'Brien was a nurse and Matthew Jackson was the manager of the music shop. Think they were in the soap's early days.

Happy to do any research on names for you if need be....

By all means. I have an Eastenders Wiki page open but there have been a lot of characters!
feel free to throw what you find at me!
Search

Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Post by Redknapp69 »

• Great news for Joachim!
• Javan – OMFG!
• Israel looks a stormer as well!
• Ah – Bazza hangs up his boots!
• Mackie pretty beastly
• Good atts on the old keeper!
ebfatz
Social Media Team

Post by ebfatz »

We moved into July and an early pre season friendly.
The players had only been back with me for about a week. There were a few new faces around the place to get used to and obviously a few faces that have left since we won promotion from the Third Division.

And now to kick off our pre season with a visit from the might of Anderlecht, winners of the First Division last season. They were also runners up in the Cup as well.
The game would absolutely not being about winning the game I told the players. This is all about gaining minutes. For fitness. Even if we lost seven or eight nil, I wouldn't care.
The rest of the world would be watching France v Croatia in the World Cup Semi Final anyway so no one would have eyes on our game.

Israel and Mackie made the starting line up for the game, Bodart, and Javan made the bench.
Anderlecht put out a mix of fringe players and first teamers that weren't involved with international teams.

We took the lead in the game through Habib Jaafar but Anderlecht scored to equalise and make it 1-1 at half time.
The boys gave it a good go. They went 2-1 up through Derycke but we conceded twice as the game went on for Anderlecht got the win.

Then there was a blow. Charleroi made a £250,000 bid for Matthew Engele. This matched his minimum fee release clause. I instantly offered him a new contract which he was willing to talk about but when push came to shove, he took the offer of moving on to a First Division club and he agreed with them to leave.
I couldn't begrudge him his big chance really. He had done me really well last season. Better than I had hoped.
He came to me, explained his decision, and he leaves with my blessing. Maybe as we hopefully continue our rise, we may see him again some time!

As I said these words, there was a knock at my office door and it was one of the admin staff.

"Sorry to interrupt. I just wanted to clarify for you that Matthew will not be leaving just yet."
"Oh? Why's that?" I asked.
"Well. The Belgian transfer windows work in stages. The window for any deals to be done with lower league clubs closed on the 1st July. We are still classed as a lower league club so the transfer cannot proceed. Matthew will be with us until the end of the season."

This is a bit of a turn up for the books but it does mean I don't have to go out and buy a new forward just yet. I can do some more due diligence and see how we begin the season before deciding whether we need some reinforcements.
It does allow me to not feel too bad about promoting Javan into the starting lineup though. Engele will be his able assistant from the bench when needed. There's no point throwing our weight behind someone who has already agreed to leave.

The next day there was another knock at my door. This time it was Alex Busuttil who informed me that he has decided to hang up his boots. Again, another one that was a bit of a surprise. I thought he probably had another year in him but I respect his decision. Going out as a league winner is a good way to bow out.

So I was now on the lookout for a central midfielder to replace him. That was the specific search. I was always looking for anyone who I felt may be able to improve the side.
I found him soon after, on a listing from when I sent one of my scouts on a trip to Asia. He played for a team called Mahindra United in India but he looked like a bit of an unearthed gem to me.
Now I'm no expert, having only been in the game for a year or so but I think I proved myself just a little bit with what we achieved last season. My hope is he will settle well and become a key part of the squad as Busuttil was.
He set us back just £24,000 but I think he could eventually be worth more.

Next was an outgoing as last years attacking midfielder Wendell left the club for pastures new.
Another who I would have gladly kept but he wanted a new contract for terms that I felt were more than he should have been asking for. And so, he made his way to Torhout for £100,000.

I was interested in the reason why this transfer was allowed to go through as it was from us in the Second Division and to Torhout in the Third but I thought it better than to query it and just take the money.
It was explained to me later that teams cannot buy for lower league clubs but lower league clubs could buy as many players as they want.

I let the matter go and went on to focusing on our final warm up game of the summer. A home friendly against Al Nassr of Kuwait.
Search

Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Post by Redknapp69 »

• Good effort v Anderlecht!
• Shame on Engele but can’t blame him and great for you to keep him a little while longer
• India chap look a ball winner in CM
• Good cash for Mr Wendel
ebfatz
Social Media Team

Post by ebfatz »

Great I get to keep him for an extra year. Downside is he might be worth equal or more than I sell him for by the time the transfer actually comes round.

Jamil does look like a ball winner doesn't he. Hopefully he lives up to that.
Search

ebfatz
Social Media Team

Post by ebfatz »

Every one had had a pretty good pre season. Everyone was fit and raring to go for this game so it was difficult to pick a starting XI.

There were obviously quite a few new faces at the club so I wanted to give as many of them as possible a run out in the match, even if it was only for 20 minutes or so, that would be fine.

But as with any friendly, it was just that. It was a chance to get out on the grass, get some minutes into legs as we ramp up a bit towards the start of the new season, a new season that was just 10 days away.
And a new season where we would probably be under a lot of pressure and chasing the ball for large periods as we try to scrape for points here and there and hopefully gain enough to keep us in the division and not suffer an instant relegation back to Division Three.

The signing of Jamil allowed me to push Jaafar a little further forward into the attacking midfield position. I'm hoping he and Javan will become a bit of a Double J double act but that remains to be seen.

And it was treated very much like a fitness exercise. We popped the ball around and grew in confidence on the ball but never really threatened our opponents, nor tried to really. The same goes for them as they only had two shots in the whole game and only one of those was on target.
It did exactly what I wanted it to, we avoided any injuries and we move on to the start of the new season.

Another midfield option came in before the big kick off in Angolan international Mabogo. £20,000 secured his signature. His job will be to use his aggression and stamina to be a nuisance in the midfield, winning the ball back and then just handing it off to people better on the ball than himself. I hope I can keep him fit to play that role well.

Our season actually started a little earlier as we were drawn in the Belgian Cup 4th Round and bagged a home tie against non league Eernegem.
We XI that started the friendly started this one also as I felt it might be my strongest side at the moment.
We started slowly and were behind at half time but came roaring back in the second half with captain Aabech equalising and the double J connection, starting as I hope they will go on with a goal each to send us through to the next round.

The same XI started away at RJ Wavre in the first league game and it was essentially the Meysam Javan show as he ran riot, smashing all four goals in a resounding win to kick off the league campaign.

So Javan already had five goals for the season and it was the other J, Habib Jaafar who won the next one as his two goals secured a 2-0 win over Sint-Eloois-Winkel in the Cup 5th Round.

Jaafar got two more against Ronse in the league while Javan got one and a third J even got in on the act as Khalid Jamil also get on the scoresheet.

We then beat our next opponent, Virton, 5-0 with the three J's joined by Mabogo scoring on his debut. This is going better than I ever could have expected.
We won the next one 1-0 but had a blow as Javan was sent off, maybe harshly as he stood up to an opponent after being fouled by him.
And our bad luck ran into the next game too as the first loss of the season finally came our way as we lost 1-0 to SV Roeselare.

What a start to the season it had been for us. Going into the game Jaafar had picked up a knock and only just come back to 100% fitness, Javan had not quite made it as he had also come down with a small injury and had to start on the bench. Engele came in but was understandably a bit rusty.

We rounded out the month with a 0-0 draw against second placed side Vise and then a comprehensive win over KRC Quid-West where Javan got goals nine and ten for the season to end the month on a high.

Search

AMC
VIP

Post by AMC »

Just caught up and what a fantastic first season at the club, the league was the priority but you enjoyed a solid cup run too.

Some decent players snapped up too, Jafar doing the business for you and now Javan snapped up for the upcoming campaign who we all have high hopes for and has started on fire. Can't say I rate Mabogo though, he may have 20 aggression but he can't tackle, mark or position himself correctly so he may not channel that aggression in the right way :D
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Post by Redknapp69 »

• JJ double act!
• Mabogo looks another grafter
• Awesome start to the season!
ebfatz
Social Media Team

Post by ebfatz »

AMC wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:17 pm Just caught up and what a fantastic first season at the club, the league was the priority but you enjoyed a solid cup run too.

Some decent players snapped up too, Jafar doing the business for you and now Javan snapped up for the upcoming campaign who we all have high hopes for and has started on fire. Can't say I rate Mabogo though, he may have 20 aggression but he can't tackle, mark or position himself correctly so he may not channel that aggression in the right way :D
Remains to be seen on Mabogo. He started well, even grabbed himself a goal but not done much else.
John Rankin hasn't started this season too well either so the left side of my midfield three is a difficult position to fill currently. No one is excelling, everyone just, getting by.
Search

ebfatz
Social Media Team

Post by ebfatz »

Redknapp69 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:05 pm • JJ double act!
• Mabogo looks another grafter
• Awesome start to the season!
It has started remarkably well. It can't last!
Search

AMC
VIP

Post by AMC »

Surprised there was no Jeff Jarrett picture or reference for the double J strike force :D
ebfatz
Social Media Team

Post by ebfatz »

AMC wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:14 am Surprised there was no Jeff Jarrett picture or reference for the double J strike force :D
Ha!
He was never in Eastenders! :lol:
Search

ebfatz
Social Media Team

Post by ebfatz »

We go into October still in the cup and top of the division.
It's too early to be looking at league tables in my opinion as barely any football has been played and there is so long left in the season but as I sat down at my desk and flicked to the back page of the paper, it did look pretty good to see us sitting at the summit.
Lots of teams right behind us though.

I expected a drop off in the next month as people got used to the way we played and found ways to combat what we do. I figured that they just hadn't had a chance to look at us previously as we were a Third Division side. And now that we had come up, everyone expected us to be whipping boys and didn't really pay much attention to us.
But now, now we sit top after seven games and people have to start taking notice.
The bigger sides in the division like Cercle Brugge and Royal Antwerp and Westerlo, have probably had scouts at our last couple of games. They may even have had someone recording at the game so they can take it back for video analysis.
The smaller clubs will probably read about how we line up in the papers on in online reports and work things out from there.
In short, I think we will find things a little harder than we have so far. Our days of scoring four or five in a game may be over.

And the month started in just that manner as it was Meysam Javan two, Ludovic Neis three as Mons beat us on our own pitch.

We then lost 3-0 to Eupen but then finally got back to winning ways with a 3-2 win over Geel.

It was the first blip that we have had this season. It was probably the first blip that I have had in my career but I was very happy that I had not panicked, not doubted what we were doing as a team behind the scenes and not resorted to changing things at the slightest sniff of trouble.
I hoped I would continue to be able to do that.

I received a notification that Cercle Brugge that succeeded in winning the First Period and they had a Playoff place secured for the end of the season.
I thought I had left Periods and Playoffs behind in the Third Division but it would appear not so I had to look up the rules for the Second Division.

When I found them, they told me:

18 teams. Each team plays each other 2 times for a total of 34 games each. 1 team is promoted, 4 teams involved in a promotion playoff. The playoff finalists are determined by their performance in Periods throughout the season. There are three Periods of 10, 12 and 12 games each respectively.

The winners of each Period and the best team overall which was not promoted or did not win a period advance to the playoffs. Each team plays each other 2 times for a total of 6 games in the playoff group. The winners are promoted.
2 teams relegated, 1 involved in the Third Division playoffs.

My pre season hope was to avoid relegation. And that is still the aim. We have made a decent start, finishing 4th in the First Period but as mentioned before, I think people are now wise to us a little bit. But now I knew I could split the rest of the season into two sections of twelve games each and try and do our best in both of them.

For this second period, I decided to call up Gilbert Bodart, recently turned 40 years of age, to be my goalkeeper and gave Israel the starting shirt for the defensive midfielder position.

It worked in the first game certainly as Double J grabbed a double each in a hearty 4-0 win.

We won the next one 1-0 as well to advance to the next round of the cup.
But it did come at a price as Habib Jaafar limped off eight minutes from time.

Luckily it was only a gash on the leg and I hoped he would be back within the week and the good luck continued as we drew Third Division Wevelgem in the next round of the Cup, the 7th Round. And that gave us a fighting chance of making it to the Quarter Finals.

We beat Dessel in the league to make it two from two in Period 2, then three from three, then four from four. But the excursions in the league meant we were spent by the time it came to the cup and we were turned over by the in form team from the Third Division.

It may have been a blessing in disguise going out of the cup because we won our next game to go to the top of the Second Period table but also go three points clear in the overall table as well. And if we were able to stay there, like last season, we could bypass the Playoffs altogether.

But all focus remained on the Second Period. If we continued doing well in that, then success in the full table would automatically follow.
Search

AMC
VIP

Post by AMC »

ebfatz wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:22 pm
AMC wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:14 am Surprised there was no Jeff Jarrett picture or reference for the double J strike force :D
Ha!
He was never in Eastenders! :lol:
Yeah he's definitely more a Corrie fan :D

Just with you mentioning Matt Jackson earlier.
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Post by Redknapp69 »

Absolutely flying!
ebfatz
Social Media Team

Post by ebfatz »

AMC wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:31 pm
Nah. I got it.

Maybe I'll have a wrestling theme in the next story.

Bound to be a Cody Rhodes in the database right?!
Search

AMC
VIP

Post by AMC »

You could pinch Kingsley’s idea and kill me off every March 16th via a stunner :D
Strike Force One
Reserve Team Player

ebfatz wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:27 pm
AMC wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:31 pm
Nah. I got it.

Maybe I'll have a wrestling theme in the next story.

Bound to be a Cody Rhodes in the database right?!
Just had a look, no Cody Rhodes in ODB....not so sure in 3.9.68 though! Keep going, have faith.
ebfatz
Social Media Team

Post by ebfatz »

AMC wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:39 pm You could pinch Kingsley’s idea and kill me off every March 16th via a stunner :D
I'll let you survive mate!

Maybe.....
Search

ebfatz
Social Media Team

Post by ebfatz »

Strike Force One wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:10 pm
Just had a look, no Cody Rhodes in ODB....not so sure in 3.9.68 though! Keep going, have faith.
Just got close to an Eastenders link in the next part, stay tuned.
Search

ebfatz
Social Media Team

Post by ebfatz »

It was on to potentially the toughest game of the season next.
An away tie against Royal Antwerp. One of the oldest clubs in Belgium and the one that was given matriculated number 1 when they were introduced in 1926 as the first club to register to the new system.

Also one of the most famous clubs in the country, everyone knows them, and they are a perfect candidate club if someone wanted to send players there on loan to get match practice or get players some match experience whilst they wait for work permits to come through.

They were using this at the moment as Englishman Lee Carsley was currently in their ranks after an incoming loan from Coventry.

In the game itself, two of my players felt different emotions as Meysam Javan scored goals number 25 and 26 for the season whilst Richard Dobson experienced the feeling for the first time this campaign. The only feeling I felt was immense pride as the players came off the pitch after securing a 3-1 win over the mighty Antwerp.

What a result. Now surely people will sit up and start to take proper notice of us.
But it didn't matter what anyone else thought really. All that mattered was that we could keep up the good form. But where could it get us.
It very much depended on keeping Javan and Jaafar fit. Jaafar had missed three games recently and our output had dropped. I dread to think what would happen if we lost Javan for a significant period.

We had another test in our next game as we hosted Westerlo, in overall 2nd place. This would be a very difficult tie. But if we won? Wow.
That would take us into the break over Christmas in great spirits.

We took the lead twice but Westerlo equalised twice and a draw was probably a fair result.
But even so, it left us still in a very decent position as we looked forward to having three weeks off and resting up, enjoying the Christmas period whilst not having to worry about our next game which would take place on 5th January 2003.

It wouldn't be such a good time off for left back Bart de Backer though as he torn a muscle in the drawn game and would be out for two months. Probably worse for me as we don't have another left back in the first team and I will probably have to call up youngster Kristof Swerts from the reserves.

It might force me into a purchase as well. The only half decent one on my shortlist that has been scouted is again some guy from Cheltenham called Victory but I hoped to avoid him.
Instead I looked to bring in a left back on loan. And this was a man who had an Eastenders link as well but he decided he did not want to join us which meant Victory was the only line of enquiry. I had had a bid accepted and terms were agreed but I delayed the transfer and by the time it came round again a week later, the transfer window had closed.

So I was left with no new left back and no one in on loan. I was forced to rely on the 17 year old Swerts.

He made a decent start in his debut as he was covered well by Israel, the defensive midfielder in front of him, helping him to double up when necessary.
He was extremely happy to be on the winning side at the final whistle.
4-1 the score but unfortunately marred by injuries to first John Rankin and then Willy, who was the man who came on to replace him.
Search