STORY: We want 55 (million pounds)

Moderator: Stories Team

AMC
Backup Player

Post by AMC »

As a Rangers fan (season ticket holder since 2002/3 - not a bad first season :D) I will get round to this mate, just a bit behind on stories currently!
Redknapp69
Backup Player

Post by Redknapp69 »

Ntcham must like UK as was in Manc land for ages

You have a brilliant writing style fair play - good dose of sarcastic humour :ok:

Celic 0 goals conceded so far!

Shagger - wahahahahahah

Ah - the 4132 is a pearler of a default tactic

WHAT A PERFORMANCE! And Celtic bottled it

Yessssssssssssssssssss
Here2Win79
Hot Prospect for the Future

Post by Here2Win79 »

Yeah their iron curtain defence was a bit more like a shower curtain when I'd finished with it
Here2Win79

Post by Here2Win79 »

It doesn’t take long to understand why Celtic had played one game less, as they collaborate with their friends in the SFA to immediately schedule a Wed night game against Kilmarnock. They win 4-2 to return to the top. I’m asked at my Thu morning press conference what I make of these shenanigans. I tell them I missed the game because I was too busy watching the Champions League fixtures to see what we might be up against next season.

A creditable draw in Switzerland v Basel is followed by a trip to Hamilton that gives a run out to some on the fringes. Greg Stewart is unhappy he isn’t in the first team but plays 90 mins without having a shot at goal. At the other end of the scale, Morelos has 14 shots on goal, but only 6 of them on target means he has to settle for a double when he should have had more. Musa is giving me flashbacks of Sylvain Wiltord, with zero end product to his mazy runs, but we still run out 0-3 winners.

Stewart and Musa respond to my questioning of their abilities with a goal apiece to take us through our opening League Cup game 2-1 at Livingston.

Meanwhile on the other side of the city, Celtic lose another loan star, as Shane Duffy is snapped up by… Wolves? Nuno must be tired of all that Portugese sophistication and flair. Wolves have certainly made some random decisions in the transfer market as Duffy is welcomed to the dressing room by professional hair model and some time footballer Jesse Lingard, and former Portsmouth striker Ellis Harrison. Liverpurdian ladies man Rod Stewart makes a desperate appeal for Duffy to stay, but he and all the other Celtic fans have to tear the stickers off their bedroom walls tonight.

Jordan Jones makes his debut in my lopsided tactic designed to take advantage of a weak Ross County. I’ve used this formation to great effect in Galatasary, as although I seldom play wingers, they can get incredible assist numbers if you can find a formation to suit them. Jones sets up 3 on his first game of the season for another five goal first half playing defensively.

I try to trick Basel with the same formation, deploying Kent instead of Jones who didn’t make the UEFA squad. We ease through 3-0 with Itten redeeming himself for his poor first leg performance with another double sealing a 4-1 agg win. Park and King will be happy with the extra £££s Euro progress brings.
Redknapp69
Backup Player

Post by Redknapp69 »

Looks like a good update there - was worried after Basel 1st leg

Ah - guwon the Rod!

Helluva formation that!
Here2Win79

Post by Here2Win79 »

Redknapp69 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:52 pm Helluva formation that!
It's not a favourite, but when I inherit a good LW then I'll use it. It was initially set up for Galatasary who have a Bosnian international LW with good stats in 0.68 and some really good F C/Rs to play off Sukur. Weirdly, it only works with a LW - doesn't matter who you put on the right they just don't deliver as well.
In this case, Jordan Jones is the player the board like (bizarre choice, I like him IRL but he's a fringe player) so I try to keep him happy with the occasional run out. He won't retrain to centre but doesn't object to going in as an LB.
Here2Win79

Post by Here2Win79 »

Speak of the devil. Monday morning at the Auchenhowie Training Centre brings a tall statuesque blonde bearing instructions from above. I show her into my office, wait five seconds, then open the office door again to find Shagger McGregor peering through the keyhole. “Just, eh, polishing the hardware boss,” he throws over his shoulder as he runs off down the corridor. I bet Walter Smith didn’t have to put up with this ****.

Back in the office the blonde and I appraise each other. She’s a cold glass of water, but luckily I only drink milk.
“I’m here from Mr King,” she says, and there’s no doubting the truth of that as she has the Afrikaans accent that sound like nails down a chalkboard whilst you’re being booted in your sensitive spot. Probably the second most offensive accent in the world… after Scouse.
“How are the finances?”

I haven’t looked in a while. Delph is my only major signing, but between renewing contracts and contracting free agents, I’ve spent over £2m on signing on fees. Luckily the European games are getting good crowds, and we’ve now got £1.3m in the bank; but Mr King needs £5m by December. “How about you sell Scotty Arfield?” queries the blonde. “He’s worth £5m according to Mr King’s dossier. And you’re not playing him. Also, some more friendlies. The Rangers fans will turn up for any game if we call it Orange Day.”

More friendlies. Ugh. Orange Day sounds dreadfully tacky so instead I get on the phone to club legend Barry Ferguson, now manager of lowly Kelty Hearts. Unfortunately I get through to his assistant, another former Ranger, Bob Malcolm, legendary only for being bald by 20.

“Good weather there in Kelty, Bob?” Is Kelty even a place? Near Raith perhaps?
“Narp.”
“Fancy a friendly? We can split the takings 50:50. You must need some money up there in, er.. Whatever league you are in?”
“Yarp.”
Friendly presumably arranged, my next call is to King’s nemesis and Newcastle owner Mike Ashley.

“We’re struggling to meet the costs of the next spurious court case you plan to raise against us Mike,” I explain.
“I’ll buy the club for a quid. Take it or leave it. Got plans for a Frasers outlet on the halfway line, and I’ll replace you with me old mate, Dennis Wise.”
“Um… how about a friendly. I’ll give you half the gate money?”
“Yarp.”

Feeling beneficent, I set up the final friendly against Cowdenbeth, bottom of the third division and presumably in need of cash, and sell tickets as Rangers v The Blue Brazil, with “The Blue” in a very, very small font.

I look at Arfield’s player profile. 31 year old Candian international. If I’m lucky a rich MLS club will spend £1m, if not I'd have to persuade Falkirk to part with £200k for him. I’ve only played him once but he got motm and an assist. I defer for now. I’d rather sell Bony, who has been an absolute failure, but putting him on the transfer list only a couple of months after heralding him as the destroyer of Scottish defences would be a volte face of Boris Johnson sized standards. Jack Wilshere has contributed nothing positive either. I take up the option to extend Balogun’s contract for a year, as it looks like I won’t be able to spend in December.

Bad news comes in threes, and added to King’s instructions comes a double whammy; a toothless 1-0 league defeat to Kilmarnock on their shocking plastic pitch; and my next opponent in the UEFA Cup will be Napoli. Another revenue stream down the plugs, as my Nigerian players are invited to Napoli’s post draw party by their star striker Victor Osimhen. They tell me Koulibaly was boasting he could defeat us single handedly, which after watching the Kilmarnock game I almost believe. I invite Morelos to my office, forgetting that after 3 years in Scotland he still speaks little English. It’s easy to get my point across though. I point at a picture of Koulibaly. “He. Say. You. Puta!” It’s hard to tell if Morelos’ scowl deepens as he looks permanently pissed off, but I think I detect a stirring in his competitive instinct for Naples. Or possibly he’s just looking forward to the pizza and gelato.
Redknapp69
Backup Player

Post by Redknapp69 »

Christ - sounds a bad league loss!

Wahahhaha - good to see Ashley!

Napoli is a good draw for the away £££££ but gonna be tough to overcome them in 2 legs

I did warn you on the like of Bony and Wilshere................

Arfield is a tough one - would have thought he should get plenty of game time. But that £5m deadline is soon (what happens if you don't raise in time?!)
Here2Win79

Post by Here2Win79 »

Redknapp69 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:22 pm I did warn you on the like of Bony and Wilshere................

Arfield is a tough one - would have thought he should get plenty of game time. But that £5m deadline is soon (what happens if you don't raise in time?!)
Arfield is a conundrum as his stats are average - lots of 12s and 13s - but he seems to perform quite well. Other than forward runs its hard to see what instructions to give him though as he isnt a great dribbler or a great passer. He puts in a lot of tackles for an AM. Basically the same player he is in real life. If I was any other club in Scotland he'd play regularly.

Wilshere I thought would get 8s and 9s then injured for weeks, but instead he plods along with 7s. Possibly an AM C masquerading as an M C but I have plenty of AM Cs, I wanted a playmaker. Bony was just a massive disappointment, no honeymoon period, just 6's straight off the bat.

The money has to be paid whether I have it or not, so I would push myself into negative figures, presumably the board would get antsy, the players would worry about the financial situation, etc. I'd probably give myself some sort of penalty too, ie we had to borrow the money from Ashley so we have to buy a terrible Newcastle player for £5m once we have funds, or pay 25% interest, something like that.
Redknapp69
Backup Player

Post by Redknapp69 »

Wahahahhahaha

Would you manage the finances through the editor or something then?
Here2Win79

Post by Here2Win79 »

Redknapp69 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:19 pm Wahahahhahaha

Would you manage the finances through the editor or something then?
Yes I need to use Graeme Kelly to take the money out of my account when I pay off the loan, do share buybacks, get punished for in game naughtiness, etc...
Here2Win79

Post by Here2Win79 »

The friendlies are exceedingly dull but raise enough to keep the lights on for another month. Back to the league and my scout tells me that Motherwell will play an attacking 4-3-3 against me, which would be a first for a team that patented the 5-5-0 for trips to Ibrox. I hand Tavernier the captain’s armband as there are signs it is far too heavy for Goldson, and I’m rewarded with a Tav double. Itten starts and nets the other after the Motherwell goalie drops the ball in shock at how many of his teammates have ventured into the Rangers half. 3-0 and Celtic drop points at bottom of table St Johnstone 2-2.

St Johnstone promptly sack their manager for having the temerity to challenge Celtic. For some reason I have a Monday fixture having just played Saturday, and with a European game on Thursday. I win a turgid game at Livingston 0-1 with an 8th min goal from Itten. I’ve conceded 3 league goals in 11 games but lost two of those games. Something isn’t clicking at the top of the field. Thankfully it doesn’t click up front for Celtic in their Tue night game (What would have happened if they’d stayed in the CL?) and with the first round of fixtures played, I sit top, just. Dundee Utd sack Mickey Mellon- results just haven’t been juicy enough.

To Naples, and 7 minutes in Morelos shows he took my motivational talk on board by blasting the ball into the net. Five minutes later his two footed challenge gives the ref a decision to make, but to the horror of the Italian fans it’s only a yellow. That’s the last good news of the game though, as Napoli toy with us, ending the game easy 3-1 winners.

We’ve barely arrived back in Glasgow before Celtic lose 3-2 to Ross County to lift the mood. A furious Lennon ships £4m flop Ajeti out on loan, whilst the papers laud Motherwell manager Steve Robinson, whose discovery that you can ask your team to go forward rather than just defend has led them into second place. Celtic draw 0-0 with Hamilton and a possible player revolt draws ever closer. The fans are already revolting, with banners unfurled in the Celtic Car Park.

My coach told me Brandon Barker is showing signs of a possible great player so I ask him to prove it on the field against former club Hibernian. After Morelos thumps home another goal from nothing, Barker picks the ball up around the halfway line and turns on the rocket boosters. Three Hibs players lie in his wake as he makes it 2-0 with a supreme solo effort, and shortly after he swings in a deep cross that is met by an Aribo back post header. Morelos taps home Bassey’s cross to make it 4-0. Why aren’t we playing like this away from home?

Man City spend £58m to bring Dybala to the Premiership. An excited fax from the Rangers board says surely this means Morelos is worth at least £20m now? I realise the fax machine is probably costing the club a lot in electricity fees and attempt to switch it off. A terse phone call tells me we’re renting it from one of our shareholders and it needs to stay where it is.

I shouldn’t have been so smug about Celtic’s revolt, as Alan McGregor takes time out of his birdwatching schedule to inform me he’s unhappy not to be considered a first team player since Firth has just started… 1 game. I ask him when it’s acceptable for a Rangers goalkeeper to concede 3 goals as he did against Napoli, and put Firth in again for our visit to St Mirren. We finish a 0-4 win with Defoe and Cureton up front - their combined age is 83.

Our home leg v Napoli is a baffling game. Their gk is sent off 2 mins in and Barisic dispatches the penalty. Lozano is then sent off for a two-footed lunge and with 85 mins against 9 men, we look favourites. I tell the team not to press and not to play offside in order to try to draw them out and leave my players in space. We create nothing, and Koulibaly almost comes good on his promise to knock us out single handedly, volleying off the bar. We troop off the Ibrox pitch to muted jeers, a 1-0 win leaving us 3-2 aggregate losers. There’s £2.8m in the bank but a £5m loan to pay off - who can I sell?

Wilfried Bony is pulled aside and told about the financial situation at the club. Score in the next game or you are out. The Big Man looks assured but misses chance after chance in a debacle of a home game against Dundee Utd. I end up throwing on almost every AM I have on my books in various positions, including full back, to earn a 2-0 win. It’s safe to say that new Dundee Utd manager Craig Levein is focussing on defence rather than attack:

Bony is sold to Sheff Wed for £525k before the week is out.

Young Croatian winger Drljo claims to be struggling to adjust to life in Scotland and gets to go home to his mum for two weeks. His agent calls me to tell me he has no plans to return, having found Glasgow to be more terrifying than daily life in the Balkans. A fine and a transfer listing have zero impact on a teenager enjoying the Adriatic Coast and his mum’s cooking. Celtic can sense the title is slipping away as we smash St Johnstone 5-1, and call in their Irish connections to stiffen the spine of their team for a cool £3m.

Redknapp69
Backup Player

Post by Redknapp69 »

Wahahahahahah - random sacking after a draw with Celtic

Celtic on an awful run!

Tough 1st leg in Naples

Wahahahahahha - 83 year old strike force!

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - real chance against Napoli in 2nd leg - must be kicking yaself!

Dundee Utd game - mwhahahahahah

Decent bit of cash for "Wilf"

Bloody hell - Lenihan looks good - who did they buy him from?
Here2Win79

Post by Here2Win79 »

Redknapp69 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:51 pm

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - real chance against Napoli in 2nd leg - must be kicking yaself!

Decent bit of cash for "Wilf"

Bloody hell - Lenihan looks good - who did they buy him from?
Napoli game was a sickener, I hate playing against 10 men, but I thought we'd get some goals v 9! I've won the UEFA Cup before in my first season with Rangers in .68 so I was expecting to be able to stay in until Xmas and earn some pennies. With 2 red cards it seems the AI wanted me through, but I just couldn't deliver!

They bought Lenihan from Blackburn. Looks pretty decent, they should have got him in after they failed on Delph, but I think he is actually their Duffy replacement. Now they have Lenihan and Lennypuss.

Gutted about Bony, I was expecting him to slot in to allow me to sell Morelos and / or Itten. Not sure what is wrong with his stats, should have good adaptability but maybe consistency was lacking. I should look in and see how he did with Sheff Wed.
Here2Win79

Post by Here2Win79 »

AMC wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:26 pm As a Rangers fan (season ticket holder since 2002/3 - not a bad first season :D) I will get round to this mate, just a bit behind on stories currently!
AMC... you're going to enjoy the next chapter. I call it... "Farewell to Neic."
Here2Win79

Post by Here2Win79 »

A match against Hamilton provides a chance to see some different faces in blue and white, and 45 year old Cureton seizes his chance with a double against an Accies team down to ten men after Scott Martin responds to being dominated by an old man by throwing a right hook - who can blame him? For Celtic, Lennon plays Lennihan at CB rather than DM and Dundee Utd are able to grab a 2-2 draw to leave Rangers 8pts clear going into the second Old Firm game.

A picture is worth a thousand words

With Celtic in 3rd, the virtual board act much faster than their real life counterparts, and the takings in Ashton Lane pubs are set to triple

Rangers’ fans’ joy is short lived though, as Lyon offer £5m for Morelos, eventually agreeing to pay £4m up front plus £5m if he is capped by Colombia. Zungu’s loan is promptly converted to a permanent deal - I doubt I will use him but £50k for a £750k player seems a good idea. Inter Zapresjic are desperate to sign my AWOL Croatian winger, making two offers of… zero. I like the look of their young, pacey CB but can’t persuade them to swap, or offer any sort of transfer fee. We beat Aberdeen 1-0 in the League Cup QF, and prepare to face Celtic again in the Semi. With a busy December coming up, I lighten the training load on the squad and prepare for a busy month of premiership football.

I’ve barely had time to beat Ross Country when Celtic make their big announcement. I wouldn’t want to fight him, but I reckon I can out-manage him:

Whilst Celtic have been busy looking for a manager, I’ve been talking to Scotland’s soon to be out of contract stars. Alan Campbell, a young DM at Motherwell, and Stevie May, a not so young F LC from St Johnstone, are signed up. The transfer tribunal sets the Campbell transfer fee at £275k. Logan Ross, who at 16 is Ross County’s first choice gk, is added with the tribunal going in at a miserly £35k this time.

Hearts’ left back Stephen Kingsley tells me he won’t sign for a rival club. “We’re not a ******** rival club,” I scream at him. “You’re a division below me.” Unperturbed - or perhaps too perturbed - he signs a new deal at Hearts for half my offer. Guess he’s a man of morals.

I later realise that no Kingsleys have positive feelings towards Rangers...
Kingsley wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:16 pm Can't believe I helped with a story on Rangers. Won't make that mistake again !
May will replace Greg Stewart, who is out of contract at the end of the year and to whom I haven’t offered a new deal. Also to be out of contract is my second back-up keeper, Andy Firth, who receives a multitude of offers. “I had no idea you were so good Andy,” I heckle him at training.
“Na boss, it’s just the other teams like to have 6 goalkeepers. They think you’re a weirdo only having three.”

He’s right. The most gks I’ve ever seen an AI CM01 club own was 8. And like Snow White and the 7 dwarves, only one of them was happy.
Redknapp69
Backup Player

Post by Redknapp69 »

Wahahahahahah - brilliant update this

Found myself chuckling a lot

Wow - Celtic have moved quickly - surely they have to improve

Did you accept Morelos bid then? Gone now?
Here2Win79

Post by Here2Win79 »

Redknapp69 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:29 pm Wahahahahahah - brilliant update this

Found myself chuckling a lot

Wow - Celtic have moved quickly - surely they have to improve

Did you accept Morelos bid then? Gone now?
Yeah Morelos is off to France. I was amazed I survived until now without him getting a red or going off on a strop. He was actually pretty easy to manage but it was only a matter of time with his hidden atts. I've never had a player who scored so many goals from nothing, ie those goals with no build up. Maybe when I finish this game I should try a save where I keep him for the season, but I think he would react badly to you declining an offer.

My primary objective was getting Lennon the sack but I'm surprised it happened this quickly, I've seen Martin O'Neill finish third and survive, but this Celtic board are clearly more hasty. It was a bit disappointing, there were so many real Celtic banners I didn't get the chance to use.
Redknapp69
Backup Player

Post by Redknapp69 »

I'm sure you can use the banners when Keano erupts and loses the plot!
Here2Win79

Post by Here2Win79 »

Roy Keane wins his first match 2-1 and Scottish radio shows are flooded with callers predicting a Rangers’ collapse and title glory for Roy’s Bhoys. He is outmanoeuvred by Jack Ross in his next game, losing 3-1. Ross, a Brendan Rodgers acolyte (that’s a nice word for bum kisser), was touted for the role by the Scottish press, but passed over - for now. I call him to congratulate him on the win and tell him the Celtic position will be vacant again soon.

Cedric Itten sets a new premiership scoring record with 4 (all headers) against Kilmarnock. His stats suggest an average aerial threat but his scoring exploits mean Morelos is almost forgotten. I have to give credit where it’s due - I call Ross Wilson and congratulate him on his forward planning as he secured Itten before I arrived.

He reminds me I still have a Croatian AWOL. “Fine him,” Ross suggests.
“I already have. Twice.”
“Third time’s the charm mate.”
Drljo’s only on £95 pw, but maybe if his unhappiness increases, one of the two clubs interested in him will make their move. I up his price to £100k. Only one club wants him now. For the third time, he accepts his fine stoicly. He’s a weird guy - won’t come to training but doesn’t want money either.

On Monday, he returns to training. A note on my desk in crayon says the other players are unhappy. I think this is Ryan Kent's handwriting. I look at my team. No-one is unhappy. They don’t know who Dlrjo is.

I tell him he’s playing in our friendly against Dalbeattie Star. He tells me this has always been his dream to play against this massive club. After he leaves I realise he must be thinking of Red Star. I’m sure he realises once he runs out at the Islecroft Stadium in front of just 765 fans that he misunderstood, but he provides ‘the creative spark’ as my 2nd string glide to a 1-5 win. Did Yaya Toure, Shinji Kagawa, or Jack Wilshere ever expect to grace this hallowed field? They have now.

December passes in a flurry of wins, and even a flurry of snow in Motherwell on Boxing Day. Full of festive cheer, ref Tom Brown (insert your own joke about school days here) chooses only to book McGregor for what looked to me like a last man challenge, and whilst Motherwell score the penalty, they ship four at the other end. With 2001 about to draw to a close, we have £8.8m in the bank, are unbeaten in 14 games, and top the table by 14 points. It’s a Wonderful Life.

Dave King certainly thinks so, as he calls in his loan on Jan 1. Graeme Kelly helps me transfer £5m to Swiss bank account details provided by the blonde. At least the 8% interest rate was notional (look it up Celtic fans) and so only the principal needs repaid. £5m down, £50m to go.

Redknapp69
Backup Player

Post by Redknapp69 »

All going swimmingly on and off the field

First chunk paid and still a few quid for any transfers

What formation/team instructions you doing or mixing it up each game? Some insane goals for and against!
AMC
Backup Player

Post by AMC »

I really need to get to this, the pics alone and a few lines I've read are gold :D
Here2Win79

Post by Here2Win79 »

Redknapp69 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:20 pm

What formation/team instructions you doing or mixing it up each game? Some insane goals for and against!
At this point I had only played 4-1-3-2 and 4-1-2-3. Defence is wib wobbed up the park but the attackers aren't generally wib wobbed. I always play the S C in the middle though, ie if it is a 2 up top the S C is the star in the Xmas tree and the F C is off to the right or left, like the formation in the post with the Rod Stewart pic. I score a lot of headers. The assists are pretty well spread around my team. And Tavernier has scored quite a few free kicks. Not as many as in real life, but more than any player I have had previously in .68 db.
Here2Win79

Post by Here2Win79 »

The large reduction in funds unnerves the team and we slump to a 1-1 home draw with St Mirren. The club secretary tells me we absolutely cannot go on a tour during winter break - perhaps remembering what happened to Steven Gerrard’s team in Dubai the previous season - and so instead we have three away friendlies in Northern Ireland to look forward to. Who needs warm weather training to bond a team, when you can have a snowball fight instead?

Suffused with the Xmas spirit, I bring 4 trialists with me so they can afford some Xmas presents for their family; versatile Ivorian DM Brice Dja Djedje, MC Batchilly, who holds Gambian and Spanish passports, another Spaniard, midfielder Javier Espinosa, whose career seems to have lost its way since being released by Barcelona B many years before, and the pick of the bunch, CB Marvin Baudry, who looks like he could provide back-up until Katic returns from his injury.
► Show Spoiler
It's important to have a cultural liaison to help foreign players adapt to a new environment and here at Rangers, kitman Jimmy Bell has appointed himself to do just that. We do have also on staff the lovely Maria van Gobbel (don't tell McGregor, we haven't) who actually has the job title of Cultural Liaison, but in Jimmy's words, "Aye that wee lassie can find them a flat, and a car, and where to find their bumhole in the dark, but she knows **** all aboot this city. Ah teach them which pubs they can go tae withoot gettin' chibbed, the words of all The Rangers' songs they need to know, and why they should hate those ******* across the city."
"Celtic?"
"Don't even say their name in front of me laddie or so help me God ah'll have the heid from your shoulders."
"You should make dandruff ads Jimmy, you've got better delivery than Joe Hart."

One of the main reasons we keep John Brown on staff is to actively restrain Jimmy when needs be, and when Marvin Baudry reports for his first day training proudly wearing his internatonal kit, John performs his duties admirably.

"He's in ******** green! and ****** yellow. In a Glasgow Rangers training session. Let me at him. I'll skin you alive boy. I'll wear your face to your funeral!"
Baudry looks confused. "We're in Ireland, no? Green strip, just like their team. Look the fans love it."
We've opened the doors to Linfield's ground where we're training so some of the locals can see their favourite team in the flesh, and a crowd have gathered. I would interpret their current pitchfork and sawn off shotgun waving as 'hostile' but the naive Marvin seems to think, "put him in a wickerman" is a term of support. Thinking quickly, I wrap Marvin in a towel. A Union Jack beach towel.
Jimmy and the crowd subside immediately, and an impromptu rendition of the British National Anthem begins. "God Save our Gracious Queen..." I begin, then realise I don't know any of the rest of the words because I am Dutch. And Croat. But mainly Dutch.

Two comfortable wins into the ‘this is not a tour’ I get a phone call from Ross Wilson telling me to get Drljo on the first plane to Mostar; he’s got a £50k bid for him. “Can you get a 20% sell on?” I ask. He can, and with one last fine for being an unco-operative a$$hole, Drljo is off the books.

Greg Stewart is mulling over pre-contract offers from clubs across the UK, but other than that the squad is content with Allan McGregor having been given a run of games to cheer him up pre Xmas, and the rest of the team understanding my rotation system.

Juan Alegria is the man who makes his case for first team inclusion with a trio of performances beyond his years in NI. Having already grasped basic English, and looking like a real team player, the man dubbed by the unimaginative Scottish press, ‘the next Morelos’, is looking like a student who could surpass the master.

AMC
Backup Player

Post by AMC »

Finally made a start on this and got as far as your review of the current squad, but I've got a couple of questions having not looked at Rangers in game on the new update.

Did you decide to sign Juan Alegria or was it already arranged in game? He's been heavily linked IRL but he hasn't actually signed so if the latter that'll need flagging up to the update team. Also you mention Defoe is a player/coach are you just saying that or is he in game as a player/coach, as IRL he isn't, although lots of fans would like to see him become one or just a coach next season if he wants to stay beyond this season and depending if he wants to keep on playing.