A Story of Redemption

Post by Redknapp69 »

Just the 43 point increase in the league :lol:

Look in a good place to give CL a crack but sounds like you need more depth
calcio
Hot Prospect for the Future

A Story of Redemption

Post by calcio »

Yeah it was not a bad increase. The players I brought in were special so I think that helped.
Kingsley
Stories Team

A Story of Redemption

Post by Kingsley »

Tremendous turn around
Lozkhin just scored for fun.
Pretty much bought the core of the team. Agree about a better keeper
I bet Coutinho retires
What has happened to PSG ?
calcio

A Story of Redemption

Post by calcio »

PSG had a mad drop off.
They have not won the league for four years.
Yup Coutinho retired I was hoping to get one more season out of him
calcio

A Story of Redemption

Post by calcio »

Season 8 - Monaco

Transfers

No one of note left the club really. Just a bunch of youngsters who I do not use at the moment and do think are good enough for me at this level. The only player that was a bit of a let down was the Korean who played at wing back on rotation for me.
► Show Spoiler
First defender in for 11million a proper player with plenty of chance to improve, he is brilliant and I think for the price a bit of a bargain.
► Show Spoiler
New keeper who joined for 10 million. I think he is a real improvement on what was here before and will do a good job
► Show Spoiler
Joined in January, for 4 million from Roma. I think he is a bit of a player and one that certainly helps our depth in the middle of the park
► Show Spoiler
Experience in the middle for us, getting him in on Free deal is not bad work at all.
► Show Spoiler
20 million is a lot of money but I think he is one of the best defenders in the game, an absolute star

Coupe de Ligue

Something I was not too interested in to start with as I played the reserves in the early rounds. We got wins over Lille, Toulouse and also Red Star to get into the semi finals. We then beat Montpellier to get to the final against PSG. A huge win gives us another competition.

Coupe de France

In the cup again it was not something that I was interested in. We battered Le Harve before we beat Paris FC. We then faced an excellent Bordeaux side who we sneaked past on pens. We beat Montpellier before going up against Toulouse who we dispatched on pens. It was off to the final and to face PSG again. Once again we beat them and we were double winners this year.

Ligue 1

The League was interesting this year. We started off in a fantastic way getting to the top of the league. We did well and stayed there most of the season until our ridiculous amount of games, injuries and suspensions caught up with us. We then got caught by Bordeaux who went past us to claim the title, in reality we should not have been caught but I think the games and injuries caused us the major issues. 2nd place was the best we could have done in the end.

Europe

This was stupendous. In the opening group stage we faced West Ham who beat home and away, we also faced Benfica who again we beat home and away. Barcelona beat us twice as we could just not compete with them. We did go through to the next round with relative ease though. We faced Leverkusen, Inter and Chelsea. A draw and a loss against the Londoners was not ideal. We beat Inter once and lost once against them. We beat the Germans twice which was enough to see us through to the 1/4 finals. In the quarters we faced Real Madrid. A 2-2 draw at home and a 1-0 away was amazing and saw us through. In the semis we got lucky and faced Roma. We smashed them 4-1 away from home and drew 1-1 in bad tempered game. In the final we would face Juventus, they somehow got to the final as they do not have the best side. We beat them 1-0 and in an amazing turn of events we were Champions of Europe.

Best Players
► Show Spoiler
The one and only reason behind our success. He scored a daft amount of goals and was just amazing in every single game, he seemed to score in every game.
► Show Spoiler
Joined last year and was even better this year. He wants to leave and go back to England but I hope he stays as he is a corner stone of everything we do.
► Show Spoiler
The only player who remains in the first team from before me. He is amazing on the left wing for us, I think he will be replaced as he is a little old but I think he is good.

Next year I will be looking for another job. I am done here as I have done what I came to achieve, there is a few jobs that have come up that I am interested in having a look at.
► Show Spoiler
calcio

A Story of Redemption

Post by calcio »

Season 9 - As Roma

It was a bit of a weird one at the end of the season. The Arsenal manager left to take the Spain job and I thought I would go for it I did not get it and the manager Athletico Madrid got it instead. So I thought I would go for that, but they employed the Roma manager. So I thought I would go for that and I eventually got that.

Associazione Sportiva Roma (BIT: ASR, LSE: 0MT1; Rome Sport Association), commonly referred to as Roma (Italian pronunciation: [ˈroːma]), is an Italian professional football club based in Rome. Founded by a merger in 1927, Roma have participated in the top-tier of Italian football for all of their existence except for 1951–52 season. Roma have won Serie A three times, in 1941–42, 1982–83 and 2000–01, as well as winning nine Coppa Italia titles and two Supercoppa Italiana titles. In European competitions, Roma won the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup in 1960–61 and were runners-up in the 1983–84 European Cup and the 1990–91 UEFA Cup.

Fifteen players have won the FIFA World Cup while playing at Roma: Ferraris, Guaita and Masetti (1934); Donati, Monzeglio and Serantoni (1938); Bruno Conti (1982); Rudi Voller and Berthold (1990); Aldair (1994); Candela (1998); Cafu (2002); Daniele De Rossi, Simone Perrotta and Francesco Totti (2006).

Since 1953, Roma have played their home matches at the Stadio Olimpico, a venue they share with city rivals Lazio. With a capacity of over 72,000, it is the second-largest of its kind in Italy, with only the San Siro able to seat more. The club plan to move to a new stadium, though this is yet to start construction.

The club's home colours are carmine red and golden yellow, which gives Roma their nickname "I Giallorossi" ("The Yellow and Reds"). These colours have often been combined with white shorts. Their club badge features a she-wolf, an allusion to the founding myth of Rome.

When I took over, I was very impressed.

In game the team are amazing, they have been runners up twice in the Champions League recently and have won the last five Serie A titles and the last two Coppa Italias.

The team is amazing and with a few additions I think it could be an unreal squad.

Transfers

A group of lads left before I took over mid July. The lads I got rid of were players I would not use. We got a lot of cash as in for players that were maybe not going to be used as we had an abundance of strikers and they were not going to be used here, so cash in and cash in we did.
► Show Spoiler
I spent a hell of a lot of cash on this young man. 42 million, its a lot of money but I think he is worth every single penny and it was a position we were weakest.
► Show Spoiler
A fantastic striker who has been amazing throughout his career. He joins on a free, I thought he would maybe a squad player but he soon became number one striker.
► Show Spoiler
One of my favourites from Pana, had left them for nothing to Villareal I got him in for 11 million and he did very well when asked
► Show Spoiler
Joined for 25 million to help in the middle of the park another great player who played a large part in our success this year

Coppa Italia

As usual for me in the cups I tend to play my reserve squad. We battered a poor Teramo side in our first game. We got past Inter in extra time over two legs. In the semi final we played Juventus, they are not a good side and we beat them in both legs. In the final it was Milan and once again we showed we were better as we beat them in both legs.

Serie A

We were so much better than any team in this league. We showed this by remaining unbeaten all the way through the league. We only conceded 15 goals and scored 85 so we were very good. In reality the title was never really in doubt and we sowed it up with a few weeks to go. It really was no contest.

Europe

The first group stage was no contest as we battered every team we faced home and away. These teams were Oostende, Dortmund and Viktoria Plezn. In the next group we faced Valencia, Wolves and PSG. We won and drew against Valencia but got all the victories over PSG and Wolves. A 1-1 draw with Man U and a 3-0 win saw us into the semis. We lost our first game of the season against Barcelona 1-0 away from home. We then beat them 3-0 at home. This put us into the final against Man City, we battered these 4-1. Champions Again.

Best Players
► Show Spoiler
This man was the key to our season. He created and scored goals. He played in front of the defence and in the centre of midfield throughout the season as was fantastic in each and every role.
► Show Spoiler
Played behind the top two, he was a real creative force and also scored a lot. He at times played out on the wing as well a very good player who can do multiple things for us.
► Show Spoiler
A little bit on the older side but played amazing down either wing for us. 15 goals for a winger is not too bad at all.

So I will be off. I have done this in one season, I am a little shocked but I can not explain how talented this squad is they are superb. I am not sure where I will be off to next but there is a couple of jobs that are available that interest me. One of those in Italy the other is in Germany.
► Show Spoiler
fuddledfox
VIP

A Story of Redemption

Post by fuddledfox »

I turn my back for 5 minutes and you suddenly have not one but two champions leagues :)
Good luck for the next job.
My Current Story called the European Tour can be found here https://champman0102.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2919
calcio

A Story of Redemption

Post by calcio »

Ha cheers pal. The Monaco one was a surprise but Roma were just so good it was hard not to win
calcio

A Story of Redemption

Post by calcio »

Season 10 - Borussia Mochengladbach

I was offered both the Sampdoria job and the Monchengladbach job. I decided against going to Sampdoria as I was offered more than 60 million of budget in Germany and I could not really turn that down so off to Germany I go.

Borussia Verein für Leibesübungen 1900 e. V. Mönchengladbach, commonly known as Borussia Mönchengladbach (pronounced [boˈʁʊsi̯aː mœnçn̩ˈɡlatbax]),[2][3] Mönchengladbach or Gladbach (abbreviated as Borussia MG), is a professional football club based in Mönchengladbach, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, that plays in the Bundesliga, the top flight of German football. The club has won five League titles, three DFB-Pokals, and two UEFA Europa League titles.[4]

Borussia Mönchengladbach were founded in 1900, with its name derived from a Latinized form of Prussia, which was a popular name for German clubs in the former Kingdom of Prussia. The team joined the Bundesliga in 1965, and saw the majority of its success in the 1970s, where, under the guidance of Hennes Weisweiler and then Udo Lattek, they captured five league championships with Die Fohlen [diː ˈfoːlən] (The Colts) team; a term coined as the squad were young with a fast, aggressive playing style.[5] Mönchengladbach also won two UEFA Cup titles during this period and reached a European Cup final in 1977.

Since 2004, Borussia Mönchengladbach have played at Borussia-Park, having previously played at the Bökelbergstadion since 1919. Based on membership, Borussia Mönchengladbach is the fifth largest club in Germany with over 75,000 members in 2016,[6] and 93,000 members as of 2021.[7] The club's main rivals are FC Köln, against whom they contest the Rheinland Derby.[8] Their secondary rivals include Borussia Dortmund, Fortuna Düsseldorf, and Bayer Leverkusen.

In game they have been very good. They have not finished out of the top 5 very often. In fact only last year was the only year they finished outside the top 5. They finished 8th and the board decided that was not good enough and sacked the gaffer. In Europe they have reached the Champions League semis once and the Europa League once. The squad I took over was very good but needed a little bit of extra coming in but other than that I was happy.

Transfers

A large group of boys left the club this year. The ones left on free were not players I would use. Koita left the club, I would have kept but he was moaning about going to a bigger club so I cashed in. Hoppe and John were squad players and I replaced them cheaper, they were not being used so I cashed in.
► Show Spoiler
My first signing and on a free, he is excellent and a player that I would use a lot this year.
► Show Spoiler
An excellent striker who joined for 14 million, he scored a lot of goals and became one of the first choices on the team sheet for me this year
► Show Spoiler
15 million for him is a lot, I had him in Monaco and he was excellent for me there and he continued to do so here with me.
► Show Spoiler
Came in January from Barca for 17 million, he was unhappy and I consider that a snip for such a quality player. He will be big for me next year.
► Show Spoiler
I have been watching him at my last three clubs, an excellent player who adds some real depth for me in the middle of the park
► Show Spoiler
A fantastic left back who has not been used at Real Sociedad so I brought him in and he was amazing.
► Show Spoiler
I paid Juventus 20 million for him, and he was amazing. He only came in January but I expect him to play a much bigger role for me next year.

German Cup

A competition for the first time I actually wanted to win. We beat a non league side 6-0 in the opening round before doing Leverkusen 3-1. We then beat Weder Bremen 2-1 and Bayern Munich 3-1 in the quarter final. Wolfsburg were beaten 3-0 in put us in the final where we beat Union Berlin 1-0.

Bundesliga

If I am honest we were never really in the contention until after the winter break. We played amazingly to the back end of the season and that stage actually looked like we could win the league. Frankfurt drew their last game and a win would have given us the title. We could not manage it as we lost to Wolfsburg and ended up finishing 3rd, I am gutted but had that been offered on day 1 I would have taken it.

Europe
Cercle Br
We started off in the qualifying rounds and saw off some poor teams. Cercle Brugge, Slask and Djurgarden to put us into the competition properly. We then beat a poor Latvian side 6-0 and 4-0 in round 1. Round 2 we faced a good Lazio side and went through on away goals. Milwall were next and we smashed them 5-0 over two legs. We then beat Koln 7-0 over two legs. Juventus were next and we won 5-0 at home and drew 0-0 away from home. In the semis we beat Leverkusen 3-1 over two legs. My old club Monaco came up in the final we just did not have enough as we lost 3-2 in extra time.

Best Players
► Show Spoiler
An amazing player who played in three positions for us this year. He scored and made goals for us, a very good player who I kept despite offers coming in for him.
► Show Spoiler
Another player who played multiple positions for me. He is another that had clubs sniffing around him but another who decided to stay with me.
► Show Spoiler
A very good player who kept his spot as number one centre half throughout the year. He is a little older but I still think he has plenty of talent to remain a keep player in the squad.

I think we can challenge for the league this year, we have a superb squad and one that I think can compete at the highest level. I think if we can add a few more faces we can bring a real challenge. I think a new defender may be in order but other than that I will just be looking for players who can really add some good depth.
► Show Spoiler
calcio

A Story of Redemption

Post by calcio »

Season 11 - Borussia Mochengladbach

Transfers

No players of particular interest left the club, they were all youngsters and players who were not in the first team
► Show Spoiler
20 million was a lot for him and I was unsure he was worth it but I think he can help us. He played a few games this year but I still think I over paid
► Show Spoiler
30 million but I think he is well worth it. He is a very good player who I think even at his advancing years has a lot to offer
► Show Spoiler
free transfer from Bayern and I think I won here he is a proper player was amazing this year for me.
► Show Spoiler
A vey good player who came in as a back up and a good one at that
► Show Spoiler
A player I signed in January last year an excellent winger who was very good for us this year

German Cup

Did not do very well this year as I played the reserves, I knocked out a non league side before Stuttgart beat us after extra time.

Bundesliga

Two five nil wins started off our season and we did not really stop there. We seemed to do amazing against all of the poor teams and the big teams could not cope either. We were top all season and never looked in danger of loosing that. We lost a couple of games mid season but we soon recovered and secured the title with a couple of weeks left.

Europe
We smashed Celtic in the qualifying rounds 2-0 and 3-0. In the first group stage we beat Dinamo Zagreb twice. We also then exchanged wins over Inter Milan. A win and a draw against Anderlecht saw us onto the next round. In the second round we beat PSG twice. We swapped wins with Man |City and beat Napoli twice this put us into the 1/4 finals. We faced Man U, we drew 1-1 away and won 3-0 at home. In the semis we lost 1-0 away and won 3-1 at home to Inter Milan. This put us in the final. We played Barcelona, we just did not have enough as we lost 1-0

Best Players
► Show Spoiler
Excellent again this year, he played almost every game and was absolutely key to our progress
► Show Spoiler
Did not play maybe as much as he would like but when he was playing he was fantastic, I am a huge fan of this lad but he is as not as good as the others we have in squad.
► Show Spoiler
Maybe the best player we have at the squad, he scored an amazing amount of goals and always looked a danger,

I will be looking at adding another couple of names in summer but I am not sure we have too much need. We have a very good squad but we will need to make sure we keep what we have
► Show Spoiler
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

A Story of Redemption

Post by Redknapp69 »

Flying through this!

Third time lukcy in Europe with Monchen this time!
Kingsley
Stories Team

A Story of Redemption

Post by Kingsley »

Blimey ! You are flying through this.
Monaco ended up much more straight forward than expected.
Roma were like the Roma of old. No time wasted there.
M'gladbach are giving you a something to think about, but looks like you are now in control of the league and just need some luck in the final.
calcio

A Story of Redemption

Post by calcio »

Cheers Guys

Sorry I do play quickly
calcio

A Story of Redemption

Post by calcio »

Season 12 - Borussia Mochengladbach

Transfers

Once again the team stayed as it was the only players that left the club were youngsters and also a player who did not play for me. I then got to work on bringing in Dad's Army. I did not spend any cash this summer and only brought in three players.
► Show Spoiler
Came in on a free, he is good but getting on a bit in years. I did not think he would play much but as coverage in three separate spots he was certainly worthwhile having in the squad.
► Show Spoiler
Another older guy who comes in an excellent player who started to come in and play in the first team straight away. He is superb even in his advancing years.
► Show Spoiler
Last of the Grandads to come in. I tried signing him two years but he turned me down, two years later he comes in and does a very good job.

German Cup

I got through to the semi finals with the back ups and kids. I then got interested it. I played Mainz in the semis as beat them 4-0, we got into the final against a very good Dortmund side, we managed to get the win and record the German Cup

Bundesliga

The League was interesting this year. Some games I absolutely destroyed teams, including a 4-0 away win to Bayern Munich and a 7-0 home against Leverkusen. Other times we just did not look like we turned up. We struggled to get any good run together, in the end it became clear early on that we would not be challenging for the title, so I saved some of the first team players for Europe.

Europe

Europe was interesting. In the open group we had a very tough group. We beat United and Lazio before a draw with Porto. We followed this up with a win over Porto a draw with Lazio and a defeat to United. This was enough to see us into the second group stage where it got even harder. We started off with wins over Real Madrid and Roma before two draws against Man City. We finished off by beating Roma and Real Madrid. This won us the group and put us into the quarter finals. We played Real Sociedad a 2-1 win away from home was followed with a 5-0 home win. We then faced Barcelona in the semi finals. We won 1-0 at home and lost 3-2 away from home but away goals saw us into the final. We would meet City. This time we had enough and in our 3rd European final in three years we finally won.

Best Players
► Show Spoiler
He was very good this year but maybe did not score enough goals. He was a little bit of a flat track bully as he destroyed the weaker teams but did not do the same against the big boys.
► Show Spoiler
A fantastic keeper, maybe one of the best I have had in this save he just continues to perform at the highest level week in and week out.
► Show Spoiler
An amazing wing back who has once again been fantastic for me.

I will be off on my travels again this year as it is time for me to try and crack another team
► Show Spoiler
Kingsley
Stories Team

A Story of Redemption

Post by Kingsley »

Got to love an own goal 7 minutes from time.
calcio

A Story of Redemption

Post by calcio »

You love to see it mate
fuddledfox
VIP

A Story of Redemption

Post by fuddledfox »

Excellent stuff, how many clubs have you got left to win a CL with?
My Current Story called the European Tour can be found here https://champman0102.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2919
calcio

A Story of Redemption

Post by calcio »

Season 12 - Malmo

Malmö Fotbollförening, commonly known as Malmö FF, Malmö, or MFF, is the most successful football club in Sweden in terms of trophies won.[2] Formed in 1910 and affiliated with the Scania Football Association, Malmö FF are based at Eleda Stadion in Malmö, Scania.[3] The club have won a record 21 Swedish championship titles and the most national cup titles with 14.[4][A]

Malmö FF won their first Championship in 1944.[5] The powerhouse of Swedish football in recent years, Malmö FF also saw glory in the 1970s, winning five Swedish championships and four Svenska Cupen titles. Malmö FF remains the only club from the Nordic countries to have reached the final of the European Cup, the predecessor of the UEFA Champions League. Malmö FF were runners-up in the 1979 European Champions Cup final, which they lost 1–0 to English club Nottingham Forest.[6] For this feat, Malmö FF were awarded the Svenska Dagbladet Gold Medal.[7][6] the Malmö FF is also the only Nordic club to have been represented at the Intercontinental Cup (succeeded by FIFA Club World Cup) in which they competed for the 1979 title.[8]

Malmö FF is the leader of the overall Allsvenskan table maratontabellen [9] where Malmö FF is the club that holds both the record of scoring the most goals as well as the record of winning the most matches. In recent years the team qualified for two consecutive group stages of the Champions League in 2014 and 2015. In 2019 and 2020, Malmö FF played in the knockout stages of the UEFA Europa League.

The club colours, reflected in their crest and kit, are sky blue and white, with sky blue shirts, white shorts and sky blue socks being the club's traditional kit colours. The main rivals of the MFF are fellow regional rivals the Helsingborg, historical domestic rival the IFK Göteborg and historically local Division 2 Södra Götaland side the IFK Malmö.[10] The MFF Support are their official fan club.[11] The club name is literally translated into English as the "Malmö Football Association".

I actually took over Malmo with a game left of the previous season where a win took them to 6th. The team was pretty decent for Swedish Football but had an awful time recently. They have not won any silverware since 2021 and have not finished above 5th for 10 years. My first job here would be to return them to the top of Swedish Football before we think about anything else.

Transfers

There was a large amount of players in the squad who were not up to this level. I also had players in the team that would not fit my system, in the end I managed to raise £13million in fees to get cracking with a bit of a rebuild.
► Show Spoiler
Joined on a free transfer, I think he is more than good enough for this level and should be a star here.
► Show Spoiler
A million pound for him is a lot of cash but I had some to spare and it was a spot of need so to bring him in was good enough for me.
► Show Spoiler
Another free transfer who comes in from France and in a spot of need in our squad, he will be a first team player.
► Show Spoiler
Another French free transfer, this player I have actually been watching him for a while, he has not been as good as he was but he will do a job for me.
► Show Spoiler
1.5 million from Real Madrid, he is not a fussy centre back just a lad who will get the job done for us.

Swedish Cup

We are still in this and have battered two non league teams to get to where we are. This will be continued next year.

Swedish Premier League

We have had a very good season this year. We seemed to dominant teams a lot of the time. There was a couple of wobbles throughout the year where we lost games when we should have won games. I honestly think we should have won more games than we did but in the end we did not need to as we secured the title with a couple of games to go. We did loose our final game of the season that made it look a little closer than it really was. To be Champions after all this time is fantastic.

Europe

We entered the Europa League Qualifying stage. First up was a gmae against Cercle Brugge. We drew game one and then won the second leg 3-1. We then beat Rubin 3-0 both home and away to reach the final. In the final we faced Troyes. We beat them 5-2 at home and 2-1 away and this out us into the Europa League proper. In round 1 we faced a poo Partizan side who we beat 5-0 over two legs. We then had a bit of a shocker against Maribor. We lost 3-1 away and won 2-0 at home and this was enough to see us through, just. In the next round we lost to Legia 2-1 away and won 2-0 at home to put us into the next round we will face CSKA.

Best Players

► Show Spoiler
Maybe the best player at the club. He was in the reserves when I came in but I brought him up straight away and he was fantastic all year
► Show Spoiler
He played above himself all year, he actually played a lot more games than I thought he would be doing. He was an absolute machine being a constant threat.
► Show Spoiler
Another player rotting in the reserve team. I brought him and he scored for fun for me. I wont be able to keep this next year as he has decided to leave the club in new year due to him being unhappy.

So next year I will be looking to stay with the team next year and build on what we already have. I think the title should be our again next year, I am hoping that we can get a little further in Europe. I think CSKA are beatable so who knows.
► Show Spoiler
calcio

A Story of Redemption

Post by calcio »

fuddledfox wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:06 pm Excellent stuff, how many clubs have you got left to win a CL with?
Cheers pal

I have

Malmo - 10
Atletico Madrid - presently top 4 team in Spain still - 3
Valencia - Just outside top 4 in Spain - 5
Reims - Ligue 2 side - 10
Fiorentina - Top 8 Italian team - 6
Frankfurt - One of best teams in the World - 1 or 2
Leeds - Championship team - 10
Saint Ettiene - Bottom Half French team -10
Club Brugge - Bottom half team - 10
Sampdoria - Serie B side - 10
Leverkusen - Top 5 German - 4
Arsenal - one of best teams - 2
Spurs Top 8 side - 4
PSG - Decent French side - 5

So a fair few to go. I have but my guess on the number of seasons each one will take me
fuddledfox
VIP

A Story of Redemption

Post by fuddledfox »

calcio wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:17 pm
fuddledfox wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:06 pm Excellent stuff, how many clubs have you got left to win a CL with?
Cheers pal

I have

Malmo - 10
Atletico Madrid - presently top 4 team in Spain still - 3
Valencia - Just outside top 4 in Spain - 5
Reims - Ligue 2 side - 10
Fiorentina - Top 8 Italian team - 6
Frankfurt - One of best teams in the World - 1 or 2
Leeds - Championship team - 10
Saint Ettiene - Bottom Half French team -10
Club Brugge - Bottom half team - 10
Sampdoria - Serie B side - 10
Leverkusen - Top 5 German - 4
Arsenal - one of best teams - 2
Spurs Top 8 side - 4
PSG - Decent French side - 5

So a fair few to go. I have but my guess on the number of seasons each one will take me
A lot of work left then especially with some of those teams needing to be built from the ground up.
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

A Story of Redemption

Post by Redknapp69 »

Great guns with Monchen

Malmo will be tougher

DM looks awesome - tie him down
calcio

A Story of Redemption

Post by calcio »

Season 13 - Malmo

Transfers

No one of note left the club, one player left for cash but he was a reserve and someone who had not yet played a game for me.
► Show Spoiler
Came in for 6 million from Bordeaux and was unreal. I wont be able to keep him as he had a minimum release clause that Valencia have paid so he will be leaving for 12 million
► Show Spoiler
A very good player who I had tried to buy before, he comes in on a free and shores up the defence no end. He was injured for 6 months not long after he came
► Show Spoiler
Another free transfer, and another absolute star, he is still performing really well and long may that continue.
► Show Spoiler
A good player I have been tracking for a few years, he joined on a free as well.
► Show Spoiler
Another to join on a free deal and another very good player who becomes number one midfielder.

Swedish Cup

Last years cup, we beat another non league side before we faced AIK. We could not break them down and we lost 1-0. In this years cup we have smashed a couple of non league teams to get through to the next round, I am hoping we can win this time round.

Swedish Premier League

One again we were by far the best team in Sweden, we even won a game 7-0. In reality we could have won the league weeks before but I used a lot of squad players in the last few weeks as I tried to maintain a European title. I suspect that this will be it in Sweden for a while now our squad is much better than anything else.

Europe

Having looked back over the recent years of Swedish Football in Europe a team has twice reached the semi finals of Europa League and once in the quarter finals of the Champions League. Now its time for us to make a mark. We began against CSKA who battered 3-0 over two legs. We then faced Rennes who we did well against winning 3-1 over the two legs. This put us into the semi finals against my old side Monaco. We drew the home leg 1-1 but did not have enough away from home as we lost 2-1 and we were out.

In the Champions League we did not do too bad at all. We started off the campaign with a draw against my old team Monchengladbach, we then followed this up with a 3-0 loss away to United. We then beat Sparta Prague home and away. A win at home to the Germans and a loss to United was enough to see us through. In the 2nd group stage we drew against Dortmund away and won at home to Fiorentina to finish the year in a decent spot.

Best Players

► Show Spoiler
Another amazing season by the best player at the club.
► Show Spoiler
A very good year from the Left Back, I am hoping he stays decent enough quality for another year or two but then maybe he will need to be replaced.
► Show Spoiler
The winger has been tremendous all year, he plays fantastically on right or left and is one player that I enjoy having in the team.

Next year I think the title has to be the number one target but I also think that a decent run in Europe is on the cards. We have a possibility of going into the quarter finals in the Champions League. I would hope next year we could have a similar run as well. We are not near being anywhere the title but we will keep pressing away
► Show Spoiler
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

A Story of Redemption

Post by Redknapp69 »

Building very nicely

Some fine players you have - if you can keep hold of them!
calcio

A Story of Redemption

Post by calcio »

Cheers mate some of the players I have brought in are a little old so they may retire soon
calcio

A Story of Redemption

Post by calcio »

Season 14 - Malmo

Transfers

Just players we had outgrown left and our star striker from last year that I did not want to let go but minimum release fee clause was used.
► Show Spoiler
Joined from Preston for 7.75mil, I think he is one of the better Swedish players and he will be a first team player straight away.
► Show Spoiler
Joined on a free transfer from Inter where he has had two spells, still think he can do a good job here but he is a little on the older side.
► Show Spoiler
I had him at Monaco and he was brilliant, I decided to try and squeeze last bit out of the few years he has left in the game
► Show Spoiler
Another free transfer he looks ok and certainly good enough for me
► Show Spoiler
Another free transfer from Barcelona. Even at his age he is still top quality.

Swedish Cup

We won in the 4th and 5th rounds against non league sides who we absolutely battered. We then beat Hammarby in a close game 2-1. Hacken came next in the semi finals a great 4-0 win put us into the final. We faced a non league team in the final who we beat 3-1 over two legs. Champions. We then played the start of the next years cup where we once again beat non league teams to get into the later rounds.

Swedish Premier League

Once again we demolished the league and even remained unbeaten this year. We only drew three games all year, the rest we won.

Europe

We continued our European campaign with a win and a draw over PSG. We followed this up with another draw with Dortmund and a win over Fiorentina. This was enough to see us into the 1/4 finals where we would face Barcelona. A 2-2 draw away from home was followed by a 2-2 home draw where we scored in the last minute to tie the game. We then went on to win on pens. This put us into the semi final against Bayern Munich, a 0-0 home leg was followed up by a close 2-1 away win. We were out in the semi finals.

In the next years Champions League Group Stage we faced Dinamo Zagreb where we got four points off them. We also got two wins over Kyiv, before two 2-1 losses to Bayern Munich. This put us into the next group stage. We began with a good 2-0 win over MIlan before beating Leverkusen 2-1.

Best Players

► Show Spoiler
Another fantastic season by a player who is fast becoming one of my favourites on the save.
► Show Spoiler
A good season from a defender who plays a little above himself. He is very good but I suspect he could be on the replaceable list shortly.
► Show Spoiler
Left back was amazing again this year, he is getting on a little bit though.

I think we have maybe a season or two with this group of players before a mass reshaping of the club needs to happen. I only have four players who are under the age of 30 who are in my best 11, the rest are much older. I think we have a superb side but it will only be this good for a couple of years before radical change is needed and then I may not be this close to success in Europe for some time.
► Show Spoiler