General tactics chat (for stuff that doesn’t need a thread)

alex91
Hot Prospect for the Future

General tactics chat (for stuff that doesn’t need a thread)

Post by alex91 »

All cm 0102 tactics are based on the Overloading style.
I found this article and here are three grids with 3 different methods to attack. I am translating for you from Italian, so please bear with me if something written is not 100% correct in the English language.

Expansive
A match is played with the team in possession of the ball which must keep two tall external players outside the field marked with Chinese players. External players can only enter the central sector in the penalty area or by driving the ball or dribbling (figure 1).

Stretching
The field is divided into 5 sectors. When the attacking team is in possession of the ball in sectors 1 or 2, the midfield players or full backs must line up in the same space as the attackers as soon as possible (figure 2).

Overloading
A match is played with the pitch divided vertically into three sectors. The team in possession of the ball must always place all players in the two spaces closest to the ball when it is on a
lateral sector (figure 3).

We absolutely need to test new tactics with the first two methods (Expansive & Stretching).
Maybe we could open a window to brand new tactics!
DC_Game
Youth Team Player

Re: Overloading, Stretching & Expansive

Post by DC_Game »

alex91 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:40 pm All cm 0102 tactics are based on the Overloading style.
I found this article and here are three grids with 3 different methods to attack. I am translating for you from Italian, so please bear with me if something written is not 100% correct in the English language.

Expansive
A match is played with the team in possession of the ball which must keep two tall external players outside the field marked with Chinese players. External players can only enter the central sector in the penalty area or by driving the ball or dribbling (figure 1).

What types of attributes are defining the "tallest players"?
Fodster
Squad Rotation Player

Post by Fodster »

Can I change them to be marked by Indian people rather than Chinese?
alex91

Post by alex91 »

Fodster wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:55 pm Can I change them to be marked by Indian people rather than Chinese?
Hi, in Italy we call them Chinese, but not in the sense of nationality :D
broitsokay

Please create (or recommend) me Mourinho style tactic

Post by broitsokay »

I want a team that only wins by 1 goal, like most results are 1-0 and only the elite player/clubs may be able to score 1 goal against me so I either draw 1-1 or win 2-1 so grinds out results like a workhorse machine and wins competitions through consistency

I don’t want a team that scores lots of goals.

I want a team that is impossible to break down, park the bus Mourinho defensive wall style (that preferably breaks on the counter attack to score) like he built at his first time at Chelsea.

What formation is it?
What team instructions?
What kinds of players to sign/player attributes are important to make it work?

Please either create or recommend any downloadable tactic that best fits this profile. Thanks :)
Sky18akavenator
Decent Young Player

Help/suggestions with CMTacticus Tool

Post by Sky18akavenator »

Hi mates!

Anyone uses CMTacticus frequently or knows how it works?

I found about it and wanted to create a tct with it. On WoB I guess I should mark all my adversary players and in WiB I should place my players on a position where they are free, correct?
But for sure there is something more on to it, or it would be "easy" to crack the best tct to play vs a specific tct...

What else should I consider more in order to have good results?
Did anyone already tried this way and had good results full/hollidays mode?

Thanks!
robknepper
Youth Team Player

old tactics links are useless

Post by robknepper »

Is it me or are old the old tactics when dowloaded are redundant. For example I downloaded GFRAYS 451 NWW but does not load in game.
Fodster
Squad Rotation Player

Re: old tactics links are useless

Post by Fodster »

The tactics will download as a Zip/RAR file, so you willl need to extract that file and then place the .TCT file into your tactics folder
Kyle5694
Youth Team Player

Iodine

Post by Kyle5694 »

I see the word iodine used in the tactic threads all the time, is this just a random name of a tactic or does it actually describe a certain way a tactic is built?
Alan_v2
Backup Player

Re: General tactics chat (for stuff that doesn’t need a thread)

Post by Alan_v2 »

The original Iodine tactic was modelled on the tactical system of non-league club Staines Town who play in yellow and blue, ergo Iodine stains yellow
Fodster
Squad Rotation Player

Post by Fodster »

Similar to piss stains!
Kyle5694
Youth Team Player

Post by Kyle5694 »

Hi, Im trying a 4231 for the first time. I have a flat back 4. 2 MC’s, 3 central amc with the two outer ones arrowed to the forward line and a SC. The central amc who is my playmaker is doing absolutely nothing. It’s benarbia who usually is easily the best player on the team. I’ve never used amc before but I’ve tried everything with no luck. Any tips?
Alias47
Backup Player

Re: Iodine

Post by Alias47 »

Kyle5694 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:26 pm I see the word iodine used in the tactic threads all the time, is this just a random name of a tactic or does it actually describe a certain way a tactic is built?
This is an excellent question. I've been around here and the old site for quite some time (12 years!) and I don't know the answer to that question either, and would be interested to know. Sorry you didn't get any serious answers.
kopanos13
Youth Team Player

Re: Identical WIBWOB - Different Overview

Post by kopanos13 »

Cam F wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:28 am It is not identical, it is almost identical with players moved about in wib/wob so they don't move out of the 442 or full backs end up as central midfielders or get moved out of of poistion.

This is what happens if you copy the wib & wob from 262 MMJ into my 442.

Link?
Cam F
Squad Rotation Player

Post by Cam F »

Sky18akavenator
Decent Young Player

Re: Identical WIBWOB - Different Overview

Germaniac wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:45 am Cam F's new 442 reminds me of something, the fact that tactics with identical WIBWOB can have different player positions/arrows in the Overview screen. This can be easily proven by having a player with up arrow (ex. MC with an arrow to AMC), move him to the position his arrow points to and give him an arrow to his old position (ex. AMC with an arrow to MC). You can see that this won't change the WIBWOB position of the player, despite having different position and arrow in the Overview screen.

This means that a tactic file has additional data related to its Overview screen. So I wonder if anyone understands how to modify it to your liking. Why might this be useful? The game has a penalty system for player attributes based on their position ratings and their position/arrow in the Overview screen, so I believe modifying a tactic's Overview screen to better fit your players might be beneficial.
Hi Germaniac,
Did u develop this idea?
I am still exploring champman and found now this post.
I think you are right and I am also curious about it.

Let me know about situation status and we can work together to try to find out more about this question.
samsami
Stories Team

Post by samsami »

An MC with up arrow to AMC indeed gets a penalty if his score for AMC is less than 20. The lower the score the higher the penalty.
An AMC with an arrow to MC indeed gets a penalty if his score for MC is less than 20.

But - is that penalty different from the penalty he gets when he is placed in a position which is not his favourite?

Otherwise for a player with MC=20 and AMC=16 there is no difference whether he is used as AMC with an arrow pointing to MC or as MC with an arrow pointed to AMC.
Sky18akavenator
Decent Young Player

samsami wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:29 pm An MC with up arrow to AMC indeed gets a penalty if his score for AMC is less than 20. The lower the score the higher the penalty.
An AMC with an arrow to MC indeed gets a penalty if his score for MC is less than 20.

But - is that penalty different from the penalty he gets when he is placed in a position which is not his favourite?

Otherwise for a player with MC=20 and AMC=16 there is no difference whether he is used as AMC with an arrow pointing to MC or as MC with an arrow pointed to AMC.
I understand what you mean and I woulf agree with you but I was just some hours ago reading this post:
viewtopic.php?p=39468#p39468
Where Madscientist writes:
In the AMC circle, if the player has free role instruction, he needs to have 20 in AMC and 20 in free role (the ATTACKER doesnt matter). And if he doesnt have free role instruction, he needs to have 20 in AMC and 20 in ATTACKER (free role doesnt matter). Otherwise he gets a penalty
And now I am confuse. Did I misunderstand what MadScientist wrote or to have a player in AMC position without penalty the player needs to have 2 of those 3 position characteristics?
samsami
Stories Team

Post by samsami »

That would of course be ideal, 20 for MC and 20 for AMC means no penalty. Anything less causes a penalty.
Sky18akavenator
Decent Young Player

Does anyone knows what should be the relation between wib and wob? Should/need we follow some rules/criteria besides, if thats the purpose, not change player position or arrows in order to dont have position penalty?

Not english native so I am not sure if I was clear. I will give an example: if I start from a NWW 442 tct, lets say, without arrows, I change wib-wob but without changing any position/arrow. There are several possibilities and some work better than other.
After, lets say my tct conceeds lot of goals, I look for a 442 tct on spectral repository and I copy that tct wob (i relate conceeding goals to wob, but not sure if thats accurate) and what I observe is that general Overview changes normally a lot.
It seems to me that as wob doesnt "fits" wib, the Overview changes, so there must be a relationship between wib and wob.
Do u observe the same? Dont and I am doing something wrong?
Would like to know your opinion. Thx in advance!
TheMC_Scratch

best tactic for striker

Post by TheMC_Scratch »

This has probably been answered many times already so I do apologise, what do people feel is the best tactic for the striker to score as many goals possible? Thank you :D
DavyTW

Best tactics for latest update

Post by DavyTW »

What are some reasonable tactics for the latest update? I'm in season 11, in the Prem, but I'm a small club. I've tried numerous tactics over the last 6 seasons, to varying degree of success, but nothing has been consistently productive for longer than a couple of months.

I'm also wondering what the secret is to getting the best from wide midfielders/wingers? I can utilise wing-backs, but I have a bunch of wingers/AMs and their form is always patchy.

Any tips or help or suggestions appreciated ;)
Fodster
Squad Rotation Player

Post by Fodster »

Depends on what you want to achieve I guess, do you want to conquer all or just be a mediocre plod along club, keeping your job.

For a 442 that shares the goals/ratings around, I would certainly try

FodFod2CF or one of Tapanis 442CJF

FodFod2CF - https://www.sendspace.com/file/yqtar3
Tapanis 442CJF - https://www.sendspace.com/file/mw2wr2