Has anyone tried 4-3-3?

Moderator: Tactics Team

cescmate
Hot Prospect for the Future

Has anyone tried 4-3-3?

Post by cescmate »

I stumbled upon an old post on some game forum where a guy claimed that the Eidos testing team tends to use the flat 4-3-3 formation with the full backs given arrows up to the halfway line and the outside central midfielders given small arrows to their AM position. The best tactics according to them.

I've never tried it before but it does look quite solid. Has anyone tried it before and what are your findings if so? I'm considering starting a save with this formation or changing the tactics of one of my current saves to this.

Thanks in advance!
Shiny
Youth Team Player

Has anyone tried 4-3-3?

Post by Shiny »

Never dabbled with 433 myself. Surely with those arrows it will be anything but flat lol

The default 433 has side arrows on the two wide mc to push them out when attacking so I guess a truly flat 433 would mean no arrows at all?
cescmate
Hot Prospect for the Future

Has anyone tried 4-3-3?

Post by cescmate »

Shiny wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:46 am Never dabbled with 433 myself. Surely with those arrows it will be anything but flat lol

The default 433 has side arrows on the two wide mc to push them out when attacking so I guess a truly flat 433 would mean no arrows at all?
Cheers mate. By flat I mean the fact they're all lined up in the same row, so no DM's or AM's. 4D 3M and 3F. Of course I use the arrows to make them move in the right direction when we're in posession ;-)

Don't see any good reason to push the central midfielders wide in CM 01/02, basically making them ineffective.

Guess I'll just have to give it a go.