Four ways to play

Moderator: Tactics Team

samsami
VIP

Four ways to play

Post by samsami »

When it comes to tactics I have always thought that there were three ways to play CM0102:

1. Play out of the box. Simply pick one of the default tactics (4-4-2 or 5-3-2 or whichever you like) and go for it!

2. Use WibWob against the computer. Load one of the WibWob tactics and have fun by destroying every team in your league!

3. Use WibWob against the computer but install a strong WibWob AI tactic set as well. This is more of a challenge!

The first method is okay, but the default tactics have always been too easy. In recent updates this has been rectified somewhat but older databases still have very weak computer opponents and even with a lower league team it's fairly easy to get promoted year after year and reach the top.

The second method (with a huge handicap for the computer opponents) can be fun if your idea of fun is to destroy every other team, score over 100 goals per season and win the title with a 20-point gap. For me it takes the fun out of the game, but of course people are different.

The third method gives your computer opponents a decent chance as they have no handicap. At least not when it comes to picking a tactic. This is how I have mostly played in recent years and that's been okay.

However, I wanted a new challenge so I have just started playing with the default (non-WibWob) tactics against computer opponents who use one of the strongest available WibWob AI tactic sets.

If you want to see how it's going, check out my latest story.

I wonder if anyone else has tried this?
AngryCarot
Youth Team Player

Four ways to play

Post by AngryCarot »

I really like your idea, you would have a lot of fun :)
samsami
VIP

Four ways to play

Post by samsami »

AngryCarot wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:26 pm I really like your idea, you would have a lot of fun :)
Sort of :)

Still battling against relegation, but check out the latest result: viewtopic.php?p=35926#p35926