Best Tactics to use in order to compete with original AI?

Moderator: Tactics Team

Deleted User 27181

Post by Deleted User 27181 »

Hey guys,

I have been off CM 01/02 but have come back to it since I, today, discovered this amazing group that still does updates for the game. I always liked the simplicity of the game and having a modern DB for it is really the cherry on top of the cake, so many thanks for all your hard work in creating it.

Back in the day there used to be a tactic that even made me win the league on the first season with very shit teams. I remember winning the Serie A with Fiorentina (that had 0 money) and the Portuguese League with Farense for example. I have already discovered that the new tactics that come with the new DB's are harder, but I have not put them in the data folder, since I really just want something current to pass the time with and that does not upset me too much like the newer games.

With that being said, and because I don't really recall which tactic I used years ago, could you guys please list the tactics that, throughout the years, you have found to work best with the original AI?

Many thanks in advance. :)
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Post by Here2Win79 »

Think you want this, where a very hard working chap puts all the tactics through their paces:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3031
Deleted User 27181

Here2Win79 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:46 pm Think you want this, where a very hard working chap puts all the tactics through their paces:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3031
I saw that but isn't that tested with the new Data Update? Which uses the new tactics? I'm using the data update, but with the original game's tactics.
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Post by Here2Win79 »

I skim read to four posts down where he says
Spectral wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:34 pm Hi Russta i already stated in the repo, it's against default tactics after completing all tactics we have on the forums/downloads there may be some kind benchmark against some Hard AI tactics.

Anyway, a tactic that beats the new tactics would presumably DESTROY default given that some of the new tactics are bastardly so it wouldn't make much difference for what you want to do.
Deleted User 27181

Here2Win79 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:02 pm I skim read to four posts down where he says
Spectral wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:34 pm Hi Russta i already stated in the repo, it's against default tactics after completing all tactics we have on the forums/downloads there may be some kind benchmark against some Hard AI tactics.

Anyway, a tactic that beats the new tactics would presumably DESTROY default given that some of the new tactics are bastardly so it wouldn't make much difference for what you want to do.
Had read somewhere that it was on a data update, but since the creator says that, It's better to trust that post. Gonna test some tactics on that list. Many thanks!