WibWob for dummies

Moderator: Tactics Team

samsami
VIP

WibWob for dummies

Post by samsami »

On the old website there was a post by Patinoz or churky which explained WibWob in relatively simple terms.

Here's an edited and simplified version of the first post:

I'll present a quick and simple way to play this game in order to win anything you want without using a super tactic.

This is not the only way you can be successful, far from it. It's just one of the simplest ways to achieve great things.

Tactics
In order to be successful in this game, all you need is take into consideration a few things about the match engine in general and apply a few simple things to the WibWob screens.

1. Use a narrow formation, preferably without wingers. When using a narrow formation you're already one step ahead.
2. Don't play with 3 at the back, use 4. If you don't mind unrealistic tactics, use 2 defenders as the game doesn't cope with that too well.
3. Employ a DMC to your formation because it's the most overpowered position in CM 01/02.
4. Use either 1 or 3 strikers, simply because it works better in this game.

Team instructions
Use short passing, pressing ON, offside trap ON, attacking mentality, tackling hard. You cannot go wrong with those settings.

Without the ball screen
The lowest middle WOB box is the key, you need to fill it with bodies.

On upper WOB screens, you need to push your defensive line much higher than the default position. It will make you both defensively(offside trap) and offensively(pressing) potent.

With the ball screen
Put your fullbacks (or other wide players if you decided to use them) as narrow as possible while maintaining their wide positions on the overview screen.
Crowd the highest middle WIB box with your forwards and (attacking) midfielders.
Place your players on the edges of each box, avoid having more than one player in the middle.

That's it. Just by following those simple instructions you can improve any non-WibWob tactic by a considerable margin.
alex91
Decent Young Player

WibWob for dummies

Post by alex91 »

Great guide for first-time visitors to wib wob :)

Great job Samsami!

I want to add a detail for lovers of direct play: choose players who also have a good Vision value: from defenders to forwards. This setting is very important, especially if you like to play through passes from your midfielders.

I'm testing right now a career in the Italian C2 series with 2020-2021 update. The starting team is selected with the best players of vision and in 16 matches played with my favorite tactic "Zeman" (Direct Play) 52 goals were scored.

I remind everyone that the CM Agent program is required to see the hidden vision attribute.

Good game everyone;)
samsami
VIP

WibWob for dummies

Post by samsami »

alex91 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:31 pm I remind everyone that the CM Agent program is required to see the hidden vision attribute.

Good game everyone;)
Isn't creativity the same as vision in the editor?
alex91
Decent Young Player

WibWob for dummies

Post by alex91 »

samsami wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:13 pm
alex91 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:31 pm I remind everyone that the CM Agent program is required to see the hidden vision attribute.

Good game everyone;)
I don't know, but of one thing I am sure: in the manual contained in the championship manager iso there is the hidden value of Vision.
Creativity is a visible value, but I don't say with certainty that it can be the same as reported in cm agent.
I'll check later and tell you more accurately;)
alex91
Decent Young Player

WibWob for dummies

Post by alex91 »

samsami wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:13 pm

Good game everyone;)
I checked and you are right Samsami: in cm Agent Vision corresponds to creativity.
I hadn't noticed it
But then at this point a question arises: in the manual there is the hidden attribute of Vision. How do you see it?
samsami
VIP

WibWob for dummies

Post by samsami »

alex91 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:04 pm I checked and you are right Samsami: in cm Agent Vision corresponds to creativity.
I hadn't noticed it
But then at this point a question arises: in the manual there is the hidden attribute of Vision. How do you see it?
That is a question for MadScientist to answer. I have no idea.