Appealing Suspensions

TotalFootball
Hot Prospect for the Future

Appealing Suspensions

Post by TotalFootball »

Curious to get people’s thoughts on this. Does it have any negative consequences? Or is it always worth a punt? Is it worth reading the match report in detail first? I recently had an unsuccessful appeal and a few days later he got a 10 match ban for his misconduct - kicking someone according to the match report. Is this connected to the fact that I appealed? Or would it have happened anyway?
TotalFootball

Appealing Suspensions

Post by TotalFootball »

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I’m in 2 minds about how to handle it going forward!
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Appealing Suspensions

Post by Here2Win79 »

I generally appeal everything unless it was violent conduct (punch, kick, headbutt) but am never successful. Countries like Italy and Holland seem to have insane suspension periods but I don't know if appealing makes this worse, need the guys who have cracked the game code to confirm or deny that one.
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Appealing Suspensions

Post by Here2Win79 »

Delete duplicate
Last edited by Here2Win79 on Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Max Force
VIP

Appealing Suspensions

Post by Max Force »

If I think the call of the ref was a right one, I won't appeal. But if that is a bullshit call in my opionion or he has a number of shady calls during the match, I will appeal.
georged
Update Team (Coach)

Appealing Suspensions

Post by georged »

I always appeal. Like Here2Win79 says, in the Dutch league you can easily get a 4 match suspension for a BS red card, so I always appeal to avoid it. Not sure if it works, because I don't compare (like saving before and appeal and restart and not appeal).

I have to say that if there is a headbutt, kicking, pushing the referee or whatever, your appeal will never work. I had a 3 month ban once for a player.
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Appealing Suspensions

Post by Offside Trap »

Good topic here:

As already stated, Holland, Italy, Spain and a couple more, dish out stupid bans for what should be 2/3 game max, and that frustrates me. I never actually thought of testing the appealing concept, (save) so might look into this. I tend to appeal most things, unless its a obvious red (Punch/Headbutt) but what frustrates me, is when on the text, there is no reason, and it just shows "xxx is shown a red card' so then, I'm not sure if its deserved. Appealling I assume, can have an effect on you as a manager, when FA get fed up with your outbursts, but one thing - when that does happens, and that specific time, when you've appealled a ban, it wont be heard, as the news will come out about the FA getting angry with you, and they'll not always come back to you on if the ban is upheld

Part of me thinks, its a throw of the dice kind of thing, I mean Holland/Spain, I feel are the worse for lengthy bans
Xeno
Patch Team

Appealing Suspensions

Post by Xeno »

In England, I appeal and got some red card cancellation which is very very less. Firstly , I complain to FA about refree. If FA get agree that refree performance is not good, possibility of red card cancellation increases, I think.
After all these feedbacks , I give discipline penalty to player , not before appeal.
On the other hand , it makes me angry that you can not appeal suspension and can not give discipline penalty to player for out of league matches such as Champions League
Nerevarine
Youth Team Player

Appealing Suspensions

Post by Nerevarine »

I tend to appeal everything. Don't recall ever having a decision overturned, including when I have complained about a ref.

"Yeah, we agree, the ref was rubbish"
"I appeal against the red card"
"Nah mate, that was only thing he did right all game"

Eventually the FA tell me to sod off and give me a fine.

I recall getting some hefty bans in Wales. My head drops when I see my player getting sent off for violent conduct.
Sure
Youth Team Player

Appealing Suspensions

Post by Sure »

I appeal only when I see a commentary in game that the referee made a harsh decision when he gave the red card. It works sometimes. I don't think it's worth the try otherwise.
TotalFootball

Appealing Suspensions

Post by TotalFootball »

I now have a strategy set in stone for this. I only appeal if the commentary hints at a bad decision or doesn’t make it obvious either way. If I don’t appeal I give the player an official warning for dismissal or violent behaviour as applicable. If the appeal is unsuccessful then I also discipline the player.
Lenchy
Youth Team Player

Appealing Suspensions

Post by Lenchy »

I appeal everything, prob running about a 40% success rate too with suspensions being overturned. Never seen it work so often before. Running a long save in Italy
Boulder
Youth Team Player

Appealing Suspensions

Post by Boulder »

One of my players got a three match ban for a straight red for handling in the box in some random situation. Appealed but useless.