One on Ones for Outfield Players

Germaniac
Youth Team Player

Post by Germaniac »

I've seen different views on whether One on Ones matters for outfield players, some say it only matters for goalkeepers, some say it also matters for strikers (one on ones against goalkeepers), some even went as far as saying it matters for wingers (one on ones against defenders). So, I think it'd be neat to have a thread for people to post their arguments and findings.
Last edited by Germaniac on Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MadScientist
Patch Team

Post by MadScientist »

Germaniac wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:38 pm I've seen different views on whether One on Ones matters for outfield players, some say it only matters for goalkeepers, some say it also matters for strikers, some even went as far as saying it matters for wingers. So, I think it'd be neat to have a thread for people to post their arguments and findings.
yeah we had a thread on the old forum.

Arguments from who says it is GK only:
- CM scout shows very low one on ones values for outfield players.
- Experiments with 20 one on ones didnt result in increase in goals compared to 1 one on ones for strikers.
- Mark vaugham (one of the original devs) recently answered a question saying its GK only.

Arguments from who says its good for strikers:
- CM scout value displayed for one on ones is low just because the developer of the tool decided to use the GK attribute formula for it.
- Giving 20 one on ones for strikers has a known bug in the editor and is the same as giving a 1. Experiments should be done with 19.
- Mark vaughan said in the official game manual its important for strikers.
- 90% of the ODB legends are born with high one on ones intrinsic values.
- Giving 0 in the editor results in high one on ones for strikers.
- Rare players in modern databases have high one on ones and they usually score way more goals than the other players on the same databases.
scemoka
Hot Prospect for the Future

Post by scemoka »

One on ones - doubles/ triples up dribbling power.
At my saves,
via Save Game Editor - i always edit dribbling and one on ones of Ronaldinho's regen.
Glad to see his dribbles per/game raises from 1,3 to 4-5. (no matter where he plays for, my team or others)
Alan_v2
Decent Young Player

Post by Alan_v2 »

Can you explain how you edit dribbling and one-on-ones, dribbling stats increase, and you think this is because you edited one-on-ones?