Questions & Comments That Don't Warrant a Thread

Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Re: Goodbye & Good Luck

Post by Here2Win79 »

Shiny wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:56 am I'm done, this time for good.

After how my last save went its time to move on from this game. I just can't keep putting myself through the same things over and over so I've quit and uninstalled the game and won't be coming back.

To all of you keeping the game alive and active well done and keep up the good work.

This game has finally broken me so goodbye old friend.

Peace
Could’ve posted that before I wasted my time dissecting your team selection and tactics 🤣
broitsokay
Hot Prospect for the Future

Re: Questions & Comments That Don't Warrant a Thread

Post by broitsokay »

I started a september 2011 odb database save recently and have a problem. No one is buying any of my players at all, even if they have high average rating/ good players at a big-medium club in BPL and set to 0/free asking price. The only players they do sign sometimes is if they are expiring.

I did also download the latest version of nicks patcher and chose an option that I have never used before in saves: 'Apply known bug fixes'.

Do you think this is what is causing the issue or something other (I noticed in tools, misc patches some patches are already selected by default/greyed out - do i need to 'unapply' any of these)?

I dont have the willpower to start the save all over again to test it without this selected, as I have just grinded through a difficult season and want to continue a longer save.

How do I fix this or has anyone else ever run into this problem?
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Post by Dermotron »

Not really. We hadn't much clue of reps back then so they are all over the place and for the most part way too high.

You could use Excel to manipulate the data e.g. Current Rep 10 times the Club Rep
Shiny
Decent Young Player

Re: Goodbye & Good Luck

Post by Shiny »

Here2Win79 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:57 pm
Shiny wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:56 am I'm done, this time for good.

After how my last save went its time to move on from this game. I just can't keep putting myself through the same things over and over so I've quit and uninstalled the game and won't be coming back.

To all of you keeping the game alive and active well done and keep up the good work.

This game has finally broken me so goodbye old friend.

Peace
Could’ve posted that before I wasted my time dissecting your team selection and tactics 🤣
Tried your tips. Conceded 10 in 4 games with Rangers this morning. Just can't be bothered any more
zaralim58
Youth Team Player

Moneypool

Post by zaralim58 »

How can i change the Moneypool maybe for everyround in the Champions League
that we can do it more realistic.

the premier league TV Moneypool maybe every year
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Re: Moneypool

Post by Here2Win79 »

You can use the inflation patches. These will increase all revenues and expenses.
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Re: Moneypool

Post by Dermotron »

A slight word of caution, the inflation patches just increase the cosmetic value, not the amounts e.g. 2.0 will give 20m instead of 10m and 5m instead of 2.5m but the costs don't change - a player on 100k goes to 200k - so everything looks higher but they are the numbers of the original game. Basically the economy of the game doesn't change, just the numbers on show.
Xeno
Patch Team

Post by Xeno »

Anybody knows what are the differences if a club is pro or semi-pro in the game?
Wage limit
Finance
Transfers pool
Etc
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Post by Here2Win79 »

Xeno wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:12 am Anybody knows what are the differences if a club is pro or semi-pro in the game?
Wage limit
Finance
Transfers pool
Etc
If you switch a club from semi pro to pro you should see the interested players shoot up in your shortlist / player search. Also helps with staff I think but not as noticeable.

Not sure if you can push up your upper wages when semi pro as when pro, whenever I play as a semi pro club everyone I try to sign wants a full time contract so I just provide it and my salary budget adjusts as normal (ie can normally offer a bit more than current highest wage to anyone given key status)

The big difference I notice is in training, lots of red- guess could be because I have terrible coaches at that level but I think even in Sweden with good coaches I found semi pro players all went backwards in attributes
aspire
Youth Team Player

Post by aspire »

Something strange, which I wonder if anyone has encountered before. Finished 5th in the Prem, but didn't qualify for the UEFA Cup.

Qualifiers were...
Chelsea, finished 9th, but won the UEFA Cup
Newcastle, 7th, but won League Cup
Leeds, 8th, FA Cup SF
Forest, 13th, FA Cup SF

The FA Cup finalists were Arsenal and Liverpool, who both qualified for the CL, so the game seems to have decided to put both losing semi-finalists through to the UEFA Cup.

I didn't bother applying for the Inter-toto, so no Europe this season, which seems a bit of a travesty.
ZeSolyena
Youth Team Player

Injury Prone Value

Post by ZeSolyena »

I only started using the hidden attributes column - can someone please confirm if a high 'Injury Prone' value means they are more likely to get injured or less likely to get injured?

Thanks muchly.
Xeno
Patch Team

Re: Injury Prone Value

Post by Xeno »

1 is best,  less likely to get injured
20 is worst, more likely to get injured
Theov
Reserve Team Player

Re: Injury Prone Value

Post by Theov »

Inj Prone
Dirtiness
Temperament

These are the stats you want players to have less of, instead of more.

Aggression is debatable.
Chapman Baxter
Youth Team Player

Post by Chapman Baxter »

Im pretty sure my game is bugged. Pep Guardiola has done sweet fa with man city but hes never been sacked and hes not even showing as insecure on the job boards. Man City finished 9th last season.
dbuk1
Youth Team Player

Current ability

Post by dbuk1 »

Can someone give an explanation as to how current ability is calculated? as i have a player according to CM Scout intrinsic that has current ability of 1 but is CA attributes are superior to another player that has current ability of 26.

Also how can any player have current ability of 1????
Tomck

Post by Tomck »

Do the likes of stamina and strength ever get better over the years? Every youth I seem to get through the ranks has pathetic stats for each of them.
Jack Stein
Reserve Team Player

Post by Jack Stein »

Tomck wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:18 pm Do the likes of stamina and strength ever get better over the years? Every youth I seem to get through the ranks has pathetic stats for each of them.
In my experience, yes for stamina but not necessarily for strength.

Low stamina players need to be managed carefully and it doesn't seem to improve through reserve team games. I've had a couple of very effective flair midfielders who were complete weaklings :D
Tomck

Post by Tomck »

Jack Stein wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:39 pm
Tomck wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:18 pm Do the likes of stamina and strength ever get better over the years? Every youth I seem to get through the ranks has pathetic stats for each of them.
In my experience, yes for stamina but not necessarily for strength.

Low stamina players need to be managed carefully and it doesn't seem to improve through reserve team games. I've had a couple of very effective flair midfielders who were complete weaklings :D

Does it go up with more first team action? Fitness training?
Jack Stein
Reserve Team Player

Post by Jack Stein »

Yes, first team action. It can be a slow process though, so only worth it if you think they've got real potential. I've never bothered with fitness training and for young players I'd want them to be working on their skills.
Godfreemorals
Youth Team Player

Post by Godfreemorals »

Here's a quick question, more of a "here's an odd thing that's happened to me".

I'm currently playing a save in Japan using the ODB .60

In the first season I won the Emperor's Cup and was looking forward to defending the title.

Next season the competition went ahead at the end of league as usual, but it went through the rounds, then the final, and my team was never included...

I've looked up the old rules and regs for the cup but can't see any weird 'winner doesn't stay on' rule. Anyone else ever had something similar? Anyway I can check to see where/what the problem?
Jack Stein
Reserve Team Player

Post by Jack Stein »

Godfreemorals wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:58 pm Here's a quick question, more of a "here's an odd thing that's happened to me".

I'm currently playing a save in Japan using the ODB .60

In the first season I won the Emperor's Cup and was looking forward to defending the title.

Next season the competition went ahead at the end of league as usual, but it went through the rounds, then the final, and my team was never included...

I've looked up the old rules and regs for the cup but can't see any weird 'winner doesn't stay on' rule. Anyone else ever had something similar? Anyway I can check to see where/what the problem?
No idea, but I sympthise. In a similar vein, my team Goiás have not gained entry to the Copa Libertadores this year. We were in it last year (2022) for the first time. I thought a top 4 position with a years delay was the qualification but now I haven't a clue. Atlético Mineiro have been no higher than mid-table but were in it last year and won it, and again this year, presumably as defending champions. Bloody livid :twisted:

The qualification for the Copa Sudamericana is also a total mystery.

Russta

Post by Russta »

Has there ever been any testing as to whether your reputation as a manager makes any difference as to whether a player is likely to join a club beneath them? I was considering implementing a self-policy in future saves that I resign and start over at the lowest tier team after winning the Champions League for the first time and thought about this. I realise this would be simple enough to test myself, just wondered if anyone has ever done so before I do.

And to be clear, I'm not expecting Erling Haaland to suddenly be open to joining Dagenham & Redbridge in in the National League, just about whether it gives you any sort of slight edge/reach.
Alias47
Backup Player

Post by Alias47 »

Russta wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:34 am Has there ever been any testing as to whether your reputation as a manager makes any difference as to whether a player is likely to join a club beneath them? I was considering implementing a self-policy in future saves that I resign and start over at the lowest tier team after winning the Champions League for the first time and thought about this. I realise this would be simple enough to test myself, just wondered if anyone has ever done so before I do.

And to be clear, I'm not expecting Erling Haaland to suddenly be open to joining Dagenham & Redbridge in in the National League, just about whether it gives you any sort of slight edge/reach.
I don't have an exact answer to your question in terms of affecting probability of players being interested but I do know your reputation goes down generally when you leave to a lower club. Let's say you win everything with Man Utd, you look at "reputation in England" and you are top (as you should be!). If you quit and take the, let's say Yeovil Town job, you will soon find that you begin to drift down the "reputation in England" page, or at the very least not maintain your top status.
Jan Deal
Youth Team Player

Post by Jan Deal »

What would happen in the game if every player had a potential ability of 200?

I know that game has a max ability that it dishes out to each player, but I wonder if your coaches would suddenly be more important along with game time for young players?
Theov
Reserve Team Player

Re: Screenshots

Post by Theov »

I am ready for a new challenge.

What I want to try, is to manage Fiorentina, who starts in the Serie C, but with a debt of 15M iirc, but with a superior team. It should be fairly easy to win promotion to the Serie A in a couple seasons... however, simultaneously I want to manage an English team in the lowest division.
And these two teams I want to manage at the same time as if it were one.
I am doing something similar with Milan and Sparta now, but I want to do another "nothing to all" challenge.

My questions:
What English team from the lowest division would you recommend?
Or even another Italian team?
Would you recommend any other database than .68?
If so, which one and what English team?