Save games vanishing

Tomck
Youth Team Player

Save games vanishing

Post by Tomck »

Ran into this issue a few times now.
Can be playing away no issues whatsoever(on cm3,cm99/00,cm01/02) and all of a sudden when trying to save the game it comes up "cannot save game,please free up some disc space".

After having to exit the game to load it back up the saved game has completely disappeared from the saved files. But when I click on the CM folder all the info is stored in there as TMP files...? Does anyone have a clue why this is happening or how to rectify this issue? Pain in the erse losing my data!

*Running as admin and in Windows xp service pack 3*
Xeno
Patch Team

Save games vanishing

Post by Xeno »

Tomck wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:43 pm Ran into this issue a few times now.
Can be playing away no issues whatsoever(on cm3,cm99/00,cm01/02) and all of a sudden when trying to save the game it comes up "cannot save game,please free up some disc space".

After having to exit the game to load it back up the saved game has completely disappeared from the saved files. But when I click on the CM folder all the info is stored in there as TMP files...? Does anyone have a clue why this is happening or how to rectify this issue? Pain in the erse losing my data!

*Running as admin and in Windows xp service pack 3*
Do you use 3.9.68 official patch for CM0102? Normally, no problem for 3.9.68.

If still problem, try below process:

What are your Virtual Memory settings?
Start > Control Panel > System & Maintenance > System > Advanced System Settings > Advanced tab > Performance Settings button > Advanced tab > Change button
If it's set to 'Automatically manage paging file size', click the Custom Size button and set Initial and Maximum to 4096mb, click the Set button, OK to close the window, then reboot to complete.
Tomck
Youth Team Player

Save games vanishing

Post by Tomck »

Yes using the update and paging file size seems correct. Had an idea it's my laptop being super efficient and trying to move the cm file to a temporary file when it enters power saving mode? Possiblity?
Xeno
Patch Team

Save games vanishing

Post by Xeno »

Tomck wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:25 pm Yes using the update and paging file size seems correct. Had an idea it's my laptop being super efficient and trying to move the cm file to a temporary file when it enters power saving mode? Possiblity?
I dont think power saving mode will effect it . You can try 'save safely ' and 'save compressed' from game settings.