Season 00/01 - Original DB with legends and kids along with original players)

Cam F
Reserve Team Player

Post by Cam F »

Full game with my DB - https://www.sendspace.com/file/kgzsro

Then rename the folder as Championship Manager 00-01

My exe is on 3.81 & has coloured atts, league/cup names changed to reflect today, Turkish league fixed thanks to JL, today's players as kids & 100s of legends for regens after season 1.

Once I realised the limitations of 0102, compared to the joy i always had i always went back to 0001 than 0102 before ditching 0102, think i have had a couple of seasons on 0102 only in the last 10 years.

I will try and list the reasons and obviously there are things in 0102 i prefer that were welcome additions i miss but they aren't enough to draw me back.

1. Getting a job in 0001 flows perfectly, you do well your reputation improves you can move to any country without any hindrance or impediment, i know they have kind of fixed this for 0102 with patches but it still doesn't flow naturally.
2. Speed, i can have all 26 nations as main nations and all leagues and flies along, 8 nations on 0102 and i get fed up waiting for it process and get to next match.
3. Background leagues issue, none of this in 0001, in 0102, any league you have as background, if a manager is sacked or retired they don't replaced them so if you make that league 0102 active again, there are like 30 available jobs and you would have beaten an ass man.
4. Tactics, 0001 is a far harder game, iodine based tactics and most successful tactics in 0102 don't work in 0001 which is a good thing i think, 0001 also seems to like 2 striker tactics better than 0102 as not really a fan of 1 striker tactics, like my strikers i do.
5. Stadium increases, none of this your stadium increase has been approved by the board then gets cancelled by council or whatever other shit reason.
6.Attribute masking, just annoys me.
7. Players not happy at size of squad making rest unhappy, who the feck are you, feckers, none of this crap in 0001.
8. Scouting, scouting seems to work far better and gives me load of good players and especially free youngsters to sign up, something i love also, building a team of youngsters from all round Europe through my youth policy.
9. Non players, in 0001 you can offer any non player any job you want, i like this as i can get legends to be my scouts as well as coach/ass man. 0102 limits you to what you can offer them as a job.
10. Training, at the peak of playing 0102 i noticed that the Tapani 3 series made all other teams players get progressively worse and worse over each passing year so that was a big put off at the time and tbf the great man did acknowledge after my investigation and change it for future patches.
11. 0102 is just too easy to win in.
12. Finally and this is only my personal opinion is that they deliberately released 3.68 with major bugs as people weren't switching to CM4 so if there were things that (at the time as final patch) couldn't be fixed it would put you off playing 0102 and go to CM4 instead.

CM 00/01 was more than just an update. Continuing where CM 99/00 left off, CM 00/01 played an important role in taking the next step in fulfilling CM 3's initial potential. The game now included a wealth of media feedback as well as a host of other new ideas. Also being equipped with the very latest player and team data, it was at the top of all CM player's shopping list!
Features

Twenty-six concurrent leagues will be playable
Accurate profiles and histories for over 50,000 players, managers, and coaches, collated by a dedicated army of football fans from every corner of the globe
A full interactive transfer system featuring all the elements of modern day negotiations
Full international simulation featuring all the major tournaments plus B-team and U-21 management opportunities. Now includes the Olympic Games U23 tournament
Data Editor, allowing you to change and modify the stats used in the game. Keep your teams squads up to date or even add yourself into the game
Local and National media involvement, you can now read and reply to media stories about the clubs and players and events in the game
For the ultimate challenge you can now play the game using randomised fictional players

The Daily Telegraph gave this game away free with their Fantasy Football competition. It got many new people hooked on the series.
Wolves87
Youth Team Player

Post by Wolves87 »

This sounds awesome what legends and kids have you included ?
Cam F
Reserve Team Player

Post by Cam F »

This is quite a few years old but Messi, Bale, Neymar...etc
AMC
VIP

Post by AMC »

As with any question like this, it's a hell of a lot quicker to just download and check yourself rather than wait for an answer (although you were pretty quick Cam), you'll get a much thorough answer too.
jamtf
Youth Team Player

Post by jamtf »

I like this database very much and to be honest, it had me turn away from cm 01/02 on the ODB that I used to play. I have been playing this ever since (for several weeks now) and tried several teams. My recently started Rangers save (now at the start of the 2004/2005 season) is my favourite. Signed some old heroes such as Andy Goram, Iain Durrant, Colin Hendry, Peter van Vossen, Brian Laudrup, Gazza, Lee McCulloch, Claudio Caniggia, Ally McCoist etc. along with some others such as Daniel Andersson (Bari), François Grenet (Bordeaux) and Nicolas Anelka (PSG) and I am looking at some future signings that used to play for Rangers IRL as well. Also my coaching and scouting backroom staff consists mainly of club heroes.

So far, won 4 SPL titles, 2 League Cups, 3 Scottish Cups, 1 Europa League, 1 European Super Cup (2-0 against Liverpool) and 1 UEFA Champions League Trophy (last season, beating Man Utd 1-2 at the Stade de France).

The QF and the SF were hard to get through as I was facing Real (0-0 draw away and 4-3 win at home with a 90 minute shocker by newly signed French/Basque François Grenet after conceding a 3-3 Edgar Davids equalizer in the 88th minute of the game which would have meant an exit on away goals) and Barcelona (3-1 away victory with Barry Ferguson scoring twice, followed by a 3-2 win at home after being 0-2 down after 31 minutes and 1-2 down at half time, with Laudrup and a Gazza brace erasing the early Kluivert and Messi goals at Ibrox).

After taking over from Dick Advocaat, currently Feyenoord head coach in the game and IRL, I am running the club in a way the board and the supporters would fancy to see happening, apart from the successes we had on the pitch. Signing both old heroes as well as future stars and players that fit in quite nicely based on what we need in relation to squad depth and specific playing positions, finances are in order (we are a rich club with £86 million in the bank of which £44.5 million currently available for transfer fees) and the training ground has been upgraded to top facilities w/youth academy. On top of everything Ibrox has just been turned into a 67.200 all seater with under-soil heating over the last Summer.
keepcalmandbeninja
Youth Team Player

Post by keepcalmandbeninja »

Dear Cam F,

Thank you so much for this, it is greatly appreciated and I am testing/playing the "hell" outta of this instead of revising for university exams...but hey..priorities...

Currently simming to 2021 so I can start "fresh", little thing I like to do in my saves is not know any of the regens and learn / scout etc 4x strategy game style
Barış
Youth Team Player

Post by Barış »

Hello, I read what you wrote, it's impressive from what you've done and after choosing the leagues, I log in to the game and it kicks me out of the game
romaldinho88
Youth Team Player

Post by romaldinho88 »

Cam F wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:46 am This is quite a few years old but Messi, Bale, Neymar...etc
Hi Cam
I don't suppose you could upload a new link as i have tried to download the above but it keeps saying "Failed-virus detected" after 40 mins downloading time
Would appreciate it. Thanks
HaroldFinch
VIP

Post by HaroldFinch »

romaldinho88 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:40 pm
Cam F wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:46 am This is quite a few years old but Messi, Bale, Neymar...etc
Hi Cam
I don't suppose you could upload a new link as i have tried to download the above but it keeps saying "Failed-virus detected" after 40 mins downloading time
Would appreciate it. Thanks
The link is perfectly fine. Try a different browser or temporarily turn off your anti-virus software. I just downloaded it in a few minutes.
Nick+Co
Patch Team

Post by Nick+Co »

Captain plumz
Youth Team Player

Post by Captain plumz »

To maderia is on the cm 00/01 original db i just bought him. Now just to test him out and see if he's as good on this than cm 01/02.
Deatus
Youth Team Player

Post by Deatus »

can someone share a link for cm 00-01 original game? (without any patch)
HaroldFinch
VIP

Post by HaroldFinch »

Unfortunately not, as it's not technical freeware. You can either buy it off ebay or find it via Google.
Chikocratz
Youth Team Player

Post by Chikocratz »

You did a great job with this 00/01 season game Cam F and i can finally play with my favorite Lazio team :) <3

I do have a big problem with this game :( I have played with Sevilla and Arsenal and but after the first year, just before the second season starts the game just shut down and if i try to start the game again i shut down at the same date :(

Does anyone have a solution of this problem? Would be very thankful fore any kind of help!
Cam F
Reserve Team Player

Post by Cam F »

Hmm, i don't get crashes. Maybe check your compatibilty settings on the exe, i have mine set to win xp service pack 2.

Another thing could be try and holiday past it, get right up to a day before it crashes and then save then try and holiday past it. Then what is happening on the day it crashes, what competition is happening?
KingAris99
Youth Team Player

Post by KingAris99 »

I cant open this on my windows 10. just give small white box for 1 second and then close it. anyone can help?
Cam F
Reserve Team Player

Post by Cam F »

Did you download the full game in OP?

You need to rename it from 1234 to Championship Manager 00-01.

I play it on windows 10 fine.
KingAris99
Youth Team Player

Post by KingAris99 »

yes, I download the full game. and i download "1234" file and i extract it in download folder and change it to Championship Manager 00-01. already can go inside the game but when i start new game and choose England, Italy, Spain the game stuck not loading. do you know what is the problem?

wanna give the picture but i dont know how to post it in here. newbie on this kind of things

Thanks for the answer
KingAris99
Youth Team Player

Post by KingAris99 »

Already can play. I copy all file to my CM 00-01 folder then can play, Thank You
antigraphein
Trialist

Post by antigraphein »

Thanks for this version! I was searching for a modified commentary speed file (faster) for 00/01 but couldn't find. Do you happen to have it?
Cam F
Reserve Team Player

Post by Cam F »

antigraphein wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:19 am Thanks for this version! I was searching for a modified commentary speed file (faster) for 00/01 but couldn't find. Do you happen to have it?
Try this https://www.sendspace.com/file/nj4lx1
TonyDunne10
Youth Team Player

Post by TonyDunne10 »

Hi Cam F....
Fantastic job with the time and effort you put into this....one issue I've found however is just how poor EVERY Keeper is on the game, Buffon, Frey , Kahn the lot
Constant shots from 45 yards going in and keeper ratings of 4 and 5!!
Tried numerous tactical changes but still constant with 7-4 and 8-3 scorelines becoming yhe norm.....Is this some glitch in the game?
Cam F
Reserve Team Player

Post by Cam F »

I’ve heard that before, not noticed it myself but think can be to do with your tactic and long range goals seem a regular text score.

I like high scoring games, if I score 7 and win happy days. My goalies always have good ratings.
nataninho
Youth Team Player

Post by nataninho »

Good evening everyone, I have a problem, as soon as I launch the game the game crashes directly, I have renamed the folder to Championship Manager 00-01... does anyone have a solution to my problem?? Thank you in advance. ..