October 2023 Data Update

Feeney
Youth Team Player

Re: October 2023 Data Update

Post by Feeney »

SteveHarle wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:51 pm
Feeney wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:07 pm Strange as it says Chris Taylor on mine lol Karen Brady and everything's fine just him lol
How far in are you? maybe a new chairman takes over?
it was the first season lol so not sure wats gone wrong haha
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Post by Here2Win79 »

Feeney wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:49 pm
SteveHarle wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:51 pm
Feeney wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:07 pm Strange as it says Chris Taylor on mine lol Karen Brady and everything's fine just him lol
How far in are you? maybe a new chairman takes over?
it was the first season lol so not sure wats gone wrong haha
Isn’t the West Ham Chairman super old though so he could retire pretty much instantly, anyone over about 63 in a database could pack it in at any time
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Post by Redknapp69 »

Will be sorted I would think for new update as he has a cap for Brazil now - but this was a bit odd to see!

Start of Brazilian nationality and don't see English as a 2nd nationality?!

hodgy
Hot Prospect for the Future

Post by hodgy »

He moved to Watford in 2020 so through the game's residency rules, he would gain English nationality in 2025.
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Post by Redknapp69 »

hodgy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:34 am He moved to Watford in 2020 so through the game's residency rules, he would gain English nationality in 2025.
Never knew we had that in CM (assume through Nick Patcher) - nice :ok:
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Post by Here2Win79 »

Redknapp69 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:41 pm
hodgy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:34 am He moved to Watford in 2020 so through the game's residency rules, he would gain English nationality in 2025.
Never knew we had that in CM (assume through Nick Patcher) - nice :ok:
Did you not notice in the first trillionaire toys that Endrick was playing for England? 😂
Kreuzbogger

Post by Kreuzbogger »

First off: thank you for keeping the game alive :) I played it back in '02 and re-discovered again it last year.

I'm currently playing with my local team, Kerry FC (October 2023 update), in the League of Ireland. It's great fun overall but there's one little thing missing. Or make that two... a) Kerry have only been entered to the Irish League Cup once (so far after 10 seasons). It seems odd because all other Premier/First Division teams are included plus a bunch of non-league teams... b) since Kerry is also located in the province of Munster, it's a little annoying that they are not included in the Munster cup. Teams like Waterford, Cobh, Cork, Treaty and Limerick are but unfortunately Kerry are not.
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Post by Dermotron »

Kreuzbogger wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:57 am First off: thank you for keeping the game alive :) I played it back in '02 and re-discovered again it last year.

I'm currently playing with my local team, Kerry FC (October 2023 update), in the League of Ireland. It's great fun overall but there's one little thing missing. Or make that two... a) Kerry have only been entered to the Irish League Cup once (so far after 10 seasons). It seems odd because all other Premier/First Division teams are included plus a bunch of non-league teams... b) since Kerry is also located in the province of Munster, it's a little annoying that they are not included in the Munster cup. Teams like Waterford, Cobh, Cork, Treaty and Limerick are but unfortunately Kerry are not.
My bad, I've omitted the League Cup Group entry. If you open the Editor and add Irish Group A to the Reserve Division they will enter the Munster Senior Cup plus the League Cup
Kreuzbogger

Post by Kreuzbogger »

Dermotron wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:36 am
Kreuzbogger wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:57 am First off: thank you for keeping the game alive :) I played it back in '02 and re-discovered again it last year.

My bad, I've omitted the League Cup Group entry. If you open the Editor and add Irish Group A to the Reserve Division they will enter the Munster Senior Cup plus the League Cup
That's amazing, thank you!!
I guess the next problem though is that the changes in the editor don't seem to be saving. I'm using wine on MacBook pro, not sure if that's an issue?
Fodster
Squad Rotation Player

Post by Fodster »

Not sure if its the same on MAC but everything needs to be run as administrator.
Tierney-LFC-1990
Youth Team Player

Post by Tierney-LFC-1990 »

I couldn't find Georginio Wijnaldum in the database.
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Post by Redknapp69 »

Tierney-LFC-1990 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:02 pm I couldn't find Georginio Wijnaldum in the database.
He's there - use large DB in game settings
johngoti

Post by johngoti »

This update is a joke. Players such as Koke from Atletico have better statistics than Zidane in the original. Depay better than Raul. Wow! All players are overpowered. Someone's f...ed up.
TijaniBabangida
Decent Young Player

Post by TijaniBabangida »

johngoti wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:33 pm This update is a joke. Players such as Koke from Atletico have better statistics than Zidane in the original. Depay better than Raul. Wow! All players are overpowered. Someone's f...ed up.
Don't play it then. No one is forcing you. And also no one is forcing you to create an account on this site for the sole reason of insulting the hard work that people have put into the updates. Get a grip.
johngoti

Post by johngoti »

I have never offended anyone. I only expressed my opinion. I also don't deny that someone did a lot of work on this update. What you wrote are your delusions. Loosen your trousers.
Alan_v2
Backup Player

Post by Alan_v2 »

Are Bots geting agressive? (I assume/hope this post is not by a real human)
Tierney-LFC-1990
Youth Team Player

Post by Tierney-LFC-1990 »

Noticed the Club World Cup history is 1 year behind. Not a major thing, but just noticed it on the off chance :-)
johngoti

Post by johngoti »

Vinicius- finishing 20. Rodrygo- finishing 20. The best strikers in history did not have that much finishing, starting from cm 98/99 and ending at 03/04. You can see that in this update some Rodrygo or Depay is better than Raul, Shevchenko or Inzaghi. And even from Ronaldo. There is zero realism here. I join Atletico Madrid and there is an ordinary player who has a lot of statistics = 20. This is really a joke.
Xeno
Patch Team

Post by Xeno »

johngoti wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:07 am Vinicius- finishing 20. Rodrygo- finishing 20. The best strikers in history did not have that much finishing, starting from cm 98/99 and ending at 03/04. You can see that in this update some Rodrygo or Depay is better than Raul, Shevchenko or Inzaghi. And even from Ronaldo. There is zero realism here. I join Atletico Madrid and there is an ordinary player who has a lot of statistics = 20. This is really a joke.
You are living in the past , I can say
Enjoy the game
AJ
Interactive Team

Post by AJ »

johngoti wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:33 pm This update is a joke. Players such as Koke from Atletico have better statistics than Zidane in the original. Depay better than Raul. Wow! All players are overpowered. Someone's f...ed up.
Now turn that into a question and you may even get a conversation.
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Post by Dermotron »

johngoti wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:07 am Vinicius- finishing 20. Rodrygo- finishing 20. The best strikers in history did not have that much finishing, starting from cm 98/99 and ending at 03/04. You can see that in this update some Rodrygo or Depay is better than Raul, Shevchenko or Inzaghi. And even from Ronaldo. There is zero realism here. I join Atletico Madrid and there is an ordinary player who has a lot of statistics = 20. This is really a joke.
19-20 Finishing

ODB .60 (01/02 season) - 255
ODB .68 (02/03 season) - 247
Oct DB (23/24 season) - 45

Rodrygo has 16 finishing as has Depay. Vini Jr has 17. Koke has two 20's, one for corners and one for right foot. Depay has the same 2 plus a 3rd for versatility. So basically 3 attributes that are just preferences.
Coys
Update Team (Coach)

Post by Coys »

It’s the same answer every time

We don’t give players points in useless attributes like the original game.

The knock on effect is that the 16’s and 17’s in the editor can quickly turn into 20’s in game with some training.

Also some attributes may purposefully be exaggerated in order to get players performing to their real life levels.
broitsokay

Post by broitsokay »

hey can nottingham forest be nerfed in club reputation or money, because they signed raheem sterling in the opening month in my save, i think they shouldnt be able to attract or afford players of that quality, until they have won something in the game, still too low level a club

And please buff out cristiano ronaldo attributes again, i think he still performs well at international level but he looks really trash attributes compared to stat pad rigged world cup lionel :))

Otherwise thanks for another fun update, am enjoying it as always 😌
broitsokay

Post by broitsokay »

I think your expecting a sim update, this is fun odb style update :) where attributes look like lots of 20’s to you, but you can look past and ignore that because the way the players perform reflects how they play accurately/realistically even if the attributes dont look how you expect them to look :)) its performance that matters not appearances

And even like in the odb, appearances could be deceiving where a player would look very good on the face of it, but perform badly and a player that looks bad attribute wise, might be a star performing player instead 🙂 CM is for fun and a game, not a boring realistic simulation like FM over detailed boring excessive realism/accuracy grindy game, databases, tiresome chore spreadsheets and information overload complex complications and unnecessary filler and features.

Give me casual arcadey simplicity and jump on and quick play every day of the week 😂👍
SteveHarle
Update Team (Director)

Post by SteveHarle »

broitsokay wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:26 am hey can nottingham forest be nerfed in club reputation or money, because they signed raheem sterling in the opening month in my save, i think they shouldnt be able to attract or afford players of that quality, until they have won something in the game, still too low level a club

And please buff out cristiano ronaldo attributes again, i think he still performs well at international level but he looks really trash attributes compared to stat pad rigged world cup lionel :))

Otherwise thanks for another fun update, am enjoying it as always 😌
Re Sterling, it's unlikely that move will happen again (and to be honest I don't recollect seeing it in 30 plus tests before we released it!). It was pot luck trying to pick Chelsea's starters at the start of the season. That move is actually likely more to do with Chelsea's rep than Nottm Forest. Chelsea's club rep was (intentionally) lowered. We try to counter unrealistic transfers as much as we can but the AI always springs a little suprize for us here and there!

As part of the upcoming EOS update, we will be re-reviewing all of these things - not just updating the transfers etc.

Ronaldo is older than Messi... game doesn't like old players unfortunately, not a lot we can do about that he will always decline quicker than Messi. The downside of Ronaldo declining quicker is countered by the upside of his regen appearing sooner. Silver linings and all that!