April 2021 Data Update Feedback

Moderator: Update Team (Director)

david106
Youth Team Player

Post by david106 »

My game crushed each time I reach November 1st.

help anyone?
SteveHarle
Update Team (Director)

Post by SteveHarle »

david106 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:53 pm My game crushed each time I reach November 1st.

help anyone?
Tech support is the place to go for help, this is for feedback on the data :ok:
david106
Youth Team Player

Post by david106 »

As for feedback for data goes:

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!

keep up the good job!

Thank you
Azmaster87
Youth Team Player

Post by Azmaster87 »

Julian Nagelsmann DOB should be 23 July 1987
Ant
Youth Team Player

Post by Ant »

Just started playing a few seasons on the new update...absolutely top drawer as always.

Based on my extensive testing (2 games of 4 seasons!), I thought I would drop some feedback down...

There seem to be a couple of strange transfers (admittedly 2 or so seasons in). Not sure how you can stop them! - Example, Nakhi Wells has joined Chelsea and another lower league striker (Jon Marquis or similar) moved to the premiership. Both suprisingly arent getting a game so are looking for a move again.

And this maybe just me but when I search for goalkeepers in my region it says there are none? GKs on my shortlist show up...Spooky
broitsokay
Youth Team Player

Post by broitsokay »

I think it was the Super Keeper fix on nicks patcher causing the problem, because I disabled it and now it seems to be like before and fine now. Thanks.
riise wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:15 am
broitsokay wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:20 pm is it because i use nicks patcher with goalkeeper fix box checkmarked too?
Hmm maybe.
A separate thing I wanted to discuss is -
something I noticed. Some managers that have achieved a lot of success have lower attributes and some that have not achieved so much have higher.

Like Lampard, Southgate and Arteta have 20 tactical knowledge, whereas Zidane has 17, and Mourinho has 14, Klopp has 12 tactical knowledge, 9 man management, and 16 working with youngsters.
I didn't go through every manager's attributes, but these things kind of stand out.

Was wondering the reason for this? I dont want to say there is bias towards favorite teams/players/staff going on, but Im kinda noticing a few things the more i play into the game and look around

If its based around current form at the time I can understand that, Klopp and Mourinho haven't been so good this season but still.. it doesn't explain things like Lampard having high attributes over them or someone like Zidane especially.

I hope u dont get annoyed with me for discussing this, im not intending to cause drama but just interested in the decision making process , thanks.
anderskofod
Youth Team Player

Post by anderskofod »

Timo Werner should have a lower finishing. I won't jump on the twitter hate campaign wagon but I think 15 is more accurate than 20 :)
10 goals in 40 matches says it all. But his position could be changed. He has played a lot wide. AML 14-15, AMR 11-12.
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Post by Dermotron »

broitsokay wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:37 am A separate thing I wanted to discuss is -
something I noticed. Some managers that have achieved a lot of success have lower attributes and some that have not achieved so much have higher.

Like Lampard, Southgate and Arteta have 20 tactical knowledge, whereas Zidane has 17, and Mourinho has 14, Klopp has 12 tactical knowledge, 9 man management, and 16 working with youngsters.
I didn't go through every manager's attributes, but these things kind of stand out.

Was wondering the reason for this? I dont want to say there is bias towards favorite teams/players/staff going on, but Im kinda noticing a few things the more i play into the game and look around

If its based around current form at the time I can understand that, Klopp and Mourinho haven't been so good this season but still.. it doesn't explain things like Lampard having high attributes over them or someone like Zidane especially.

I hope u dont get annoyed with me for discussing this, im not intending to cause drama but just interested in the decision making process , thanks.
It's to promote realistic league finishing positions without having to completely overhaul a team e.g. destroying Liverpool because they've had none of their first 3 DC's available all season doesn't make sense and frankly takes too long (especially if they are back challenging next season)
SteveHarle
Update Team (Director)

Post by SteveHarle »

anderskofod wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:53 am Timo Werner should have a lower finishing. I won't jump on the twitter hate campaign wagon but I think 15 is more accurate than 20 :)
10 goals in 40 matches says it all. But his position could be changed. He has played a lot wide. AML 14-15, AMR 11-12.
Werner has 17 for finishing in the editor and is set primarily as a wide attacker (20 Left, 17 Centre, 16 right).

After scoring 78 in 127 for RBL, I don't think it would be fair to take him down too much given how much Chelsea invested in him and it's his first season in a new league. Yes, he's having a rough patch, but he's a top player. He was lowered from the previous update.

Perhaps also worth noting that Son Heung-Min scored 4 goals in 28 in his first season at Spurs :)
broitsokay
Youth Team Player

Post by broitsokay »

Dermotron wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:20 am
broitsokay wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:37 am A separate thing I wanted to discuss is -

It's to promote realistic league finishing positions without having to completely overhaul a team e.g. destroying Liverpool because they've had none of their first 3 DC's available all season doesn't make sense and frankly takes too long (especially if they are back challenging next season)
thanks. It makes sense when you put it like that, i understand . :)
anderskofod
Youth Team Player

Post by anderskofod »

SteveHarle wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:55 am
anderskofod wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:53 am Timo Werner should have a lower finishing. I won't jump on the twitter hate campaign wagon but I think 15 is more accurate than 20 :)
Werner has 17 for finishing in the editor and is set primarily as a wide attacker (20 Left, 17 Centre, 16 right).

After scoring 78 in 127 for RBL, I don't think it would be fair to take him down too much given how much Chelsea invested in him and it's his first season in a new league. Yes, he's having a rough patch, but he's a top player. He was lowered from the previous update.

Perhaps also worth noting that Son Heung-Min scored 4 goals in 28 in his first season at Spurs :)
It makes sense. He will just hit 20 in a few months but I understand now.
I don't agree that he is primarily a wide attacker. He is in my opinion just played out there and tends to run out there even when he is the no.9.
I would say 18 left, 20 centre but I guess you have your reasons :)

Great update!
JonBetts
Patch Team

Post by JonBetts »

I think essentially the issue with all the data updates is that people playing the game see attributes being too high or low, or positions being slightly different compared to real life, but it's usually because the Data Update team have had to slightly tweak them to make the players play more realistically compared to real life. I remember Steve moaned about spending ages tweaking Roberto Firmino because updating his attributes to be as close as possible to real life meant that he would end up scoring an absolute tonne of goals in every test save! We all know Firmino isn't a proper goalscoring centre forward, so he had to have certain attributes decreased slightly so that he played more true to real life.

I think this will always be the case, especially with the top players in the game.

Great work as always guys!
chazza boags
Youth Team Player

Post by chazza boags »

If they are under 30 it will give them a random age. 30 is the minimum age for staff members :ok:
[/quote]

Ah yes, thanks for refreshing my memory. I remember reading about this in the old forums many updates ago!
TomHardly
Youth Team Player

Post by TomHardly »

Lol it's 2026 and I finally managed to buy Vladislav Lozhkin, the supposed reincarnation of Maxim Tsigalko. I subbed him on at halftime and he scored 4 goals at his debut
JulesCesar
Youth Team Player

Post by JulesCesar »

Hello everybody.
I can't download the v3.
I have this message : "You are not authorised to read this forum."
Could you help me please ?
8-)
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Post by Redknapp69 »

JulesCesar wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:19 pm Hello everybody.
I can't download the v3.
I have this message : "You are not authorised to read this forum."
Could you help me please ?
8-)
Nothing to do with feedback on the data so please post in tech support
enes1616
Youth Team Player

Post by enes1616 »

Hi I wanted to share a very interesting thing and ask if it is 100% certain. I lose a lot game on april database and 3.9.68 other patch no installed such as saturn e.t.c i play southampton I was in the border of 10 places a few seasons but the worst part is that I felt I couldn't jump any higher, with tactics and instructions i all change all test marking man zonal, passing e.t.c, I tried everything: Except wib wob because I don't use it. Generally on this db the best teams like barcelona real man c, man u e.t.c they have much higher stats than the teams in the middle of the table and even worse. This is not realistic at all and definitely in these times when any team, even a relegated teammate, can win against any other good team. On orginal game 3.9.68 and other cm version 00/01 et.c is 100% how you really know tactics instruction you can really fight any team, but it's not as easy as people think in the forum, because I played southampton on 3.9.68 01/02 and the beginning of the season was tough, but when everything started to work, the game is great and I feel that I can fight for a place in 9,8,7,6,5,4: D and this team isn't strong at all and it is definitely no better than Southampton 2021, that's why I'm asking why this patch was created so strangely and what is it that the top teams are unattainable, it's not realistic at all, sry for my english.
krish
Youth Team Player

Post by krish »

;) ;) ;) ;)
SteveHarle
Update Team (Director)

Post by SteveHarle »

enes1616 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:11 am Hi I wanted to share a very interesting thing and ask if it is 100% certain. I lose a lot game on april database and 3.9.68 other patch no installed such as saturn e.t.c i play southampton I was in the border of 10 places a few seasons but the worst part is that I felt I couldn't jump any higher, with tactics and instructions i all change all test marking man zonal, passing e.t.c, I tried everything: Except wib wob because I don't use it. Generally on this db the best teams like barcelona real man c, man u e.t.c they have much higher stats than the teams in the middle of the table and even worse. This is not realistic at all and definitely in these times when any team, even a relegated teammate, can win against any other good team. On orginal game 3.9.68 and other cm version 00/01 et.c is 100% how you really know tactics instruction you can really fight any team, but it's not as easy as people think in the forum, because I played southampton on 3.9.68 01/02 and the beginning of the season was tough, but when everything started to work, the game is great and I feel that I can fight for a place in 9,8,7,6,5,4: D and this team isn't strong at all and it is definitely no better than Southampton 2021, that's why I'm asking why this patch was created so strangely and what is it that the top teams are unattainable, it's not realistic at all, sry for my english.
I think what you are saying is the tactics are tougher? This is intentional. Teams play differently now than they did in 2001 and we have also made changes to the way the AI teams play too so that modern formations are captured - the ODB 4-3-3 does not look like the 4-3-3 Liverpool play and players won't perform as you'd expect in the current day.

It's a new set of challenges - not just new players, the idea is to make it feel like a new game, not just new players on the same old game engine. You can though, if you want, revert back to ODB tactics if you copy and paste your tactics file across but it will impact how teams and players perform.

Look at how the top teams play to get some ideas, they are beatable. Without exploiting the game engine, there isn't a "one size fit's all" tactic either, you need to check your opponent and work out how to counter them... all comes with trial and error :)
enes1616
Youth Team Player

Post by enes1616 »

It's not about tactics: DD bro i test all tactics all option on instruction formation all this problem on rating big club have big rating normal club and lowest have low rating there is too much gap or i dont know what is the problem with, mega strange things are happening at all i play away sou vs arsenal i win 3:0 next match play home sou vs everton and lose 4:0 WTF morale is good tactics everton arsenal is the same on arsenal i have 13 shots next match everton 0 :DD, my forwards do not score they are finalized 19 18 17, the only striker to score me goals was ings but players like ings don't want to go to sou :D and when I buy a star suddenly wants to go to a bigger club: D so if you guys can win the league i don't know leeds southampton dont use wib wob and other patch e.t.c pls add on youtube videos then I will believe it. I've watched a lot of videos on the internet about people playing and it's hard for them on the basic version and they have the experience of many years. And I don't believe they could win the league sou leeds in 3-4 seasons on april db. On the basic version I see that the my attackers who are not outstanding shoot goal for my team :D:D. In the old version, the largest stars are 20 or less, on new db stars have a lot 20 and other big number on rating :D i also think db april is a bit weird random whose i dont understand. Thank you for your works!
SteveHarle
Update Team (Director)

Post by SteveHarle »

enes1616 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:22 am It's not about tactics: DD bro i test all tactics all option on instruction formation all this problem on rating big club have big rating normal club and lowest have low rating there is too much gap or i dont know what is the problem with, mega strange things are happening at all i play away sou vs arsenal i win 3:0 next match play home sou vs everton and lose 4:0 WTF morale is good tactics everton arsenal is the same on arsenal i have 13 shots next match everton 0 :DD, my forwards do not score they are finalized 19 18 17, the only striker to score me goals was ings but players like ings don't want to go to sou :D and when I buy a star suddenly wants to go to a bigger club: D so if you guys can win the league i don't know leeds southampton dont use wib wob and other patch e.t.c pls add on youtube videos then I will believe it. I've watched a lot of videos on the internet about people playing and it's hard for them on the basic version and they have the experience of many years. And I don't believe they could win the league sou leeds in 3-4 seasons on april db. On the basic version I see that the my attackers who are not outstanding shoot goal for my team :D:D. In the old version, the largest stars are 20 or less, on new db stars have a lot 20 and other big number on rating :D Thank you for your works!
I'm still a bit confused to be honest.

IRL, Southampton have 37 points and Manchester City have 80 points - more than double? This is why City have considerably better players. But that said, Southampton do have some very good players. Ings is one of the top strikers in the league, Ward Prowse is also very good as is Armstrong - all 3 of these would fit in a top team comfortably.

As I mentioned in my previous post - tactics have been changed and teams play differently. The same tactic won't work against all teams and ODB tactics will not likely work on this database.

Top scorers in the EPL this season, Kane 21, Salah 20, Bruno and Son have 16, Calvert Lewin 15 and Bamford 14.... if your strikers are scoring 19. 18, 17... that sounds pretty good for a mid-table team?

Sorry you don't like it, but as I said - it's different and we've tried to make it more in line with real life. It's not harder, it's different. You can't tell me you worked out how to beat the original game in a week or two of playing the game for the first time and knew all the best players and tactics?

Pace yourself, try different things and keep at it is my best advice but each to their own :-)
ebfatz
Social Media Team

Post by ebfatz »

SteveHarle wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:35 am Top scorers in the EPL this season, Kane 21, Salah 20, Bruno and Son have 16, Calvert Lewin 15 and Bamford 14.... if your strikers are scoring 19. 18, 17... that sounds pretty good for a mid-table team?
I think the point he's making is his strikers have Finishing of 19, 18 and 17 so they should automatically be scoring goals. That's how I read it and as you've said, that's not how it works.
enes1616
Youth Team Player

Post by enes1616 »

Or maybe it's different if I play sou and fight for 10 can I be so happy :D ? Ings scored almost 40 goals in my season: D Other Forwards not scored at all with stats finishing 16, 17, 18, 19 max 5 6 goals season.
SteveHarle
Update Team (Director)

Post by SteveHarle »

ebfatz wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:41 am
SteveHarle wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:35 am Top scorers in the EPL this season, Kane 21, Salah 20, Bruno and Son have 16, Calvert Lewin 15 and Bamford 14.... if your strikers are scoring 19. 18, 17... that sounds pretty good for a mid-table team?
I think the point he's making is his strikers have Finishing of 19, 18 and 17 so they should automatically be scoring goals. That's how I read it and as you've said, that's not how it works.
Yes, you are right Ebz - on both counts!
SteveHarle
Update Team (Director)

Post by SteveHarle »

enes1616 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:49 am Or maybe it's different if I play sou and fight for 10 can I be so happy :D ? Ings scored almost 40 goals in my season: D Other Forwards not scored at all with stats finishing 16, 17, 18, 19 max 5 6 goals season.
Yes - Southampton are currently 15th in the league so a top 10 finish is very much a good thing!