April 2021 Data Update Feedback

Moderator: Update Team (Director)

Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Post by Here2Win79 »

Leaving aside whether the terms are suitable for the current world, some of the "development states" (Developed, Developing, Third World) of nations didn't look quite right to me - Botswana, for example, bearing little resemblance to the cheerful afternoon novels of Alexander McCall Smith - so I've gone through the nations in the database and compared them to their HDI (Human Development Index) score, resulting in these suggested changes:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/iqrk0w
HaroldFinch
Decent Young Player

Post by HaroldFinch »

I see why you just won member of the month. Fixing the things that no one else has really considered too much in the past. Should change your name to "Hero2Win79" :lol:
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Post by Here2Win79 »

HaroldFinch wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:17 pm I see why you just won member of the month. Fixing the things that no one else has really considered too much in the past. Should change your name to "Hero2Win79" :lol:
I heard the guys who do the updating want it changed to "pedanticchunt" 🤣.
HaroldFinch
Decent Young Player

Post by HaroldFinch »

Here2Win79 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:12 pm
HaroldFinch wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:17 pm I see why you just won member of the month. Fixing the things that no one else has really considered too much in the past. Should change your name to "Hero2Win79" :lol:
I heard the guys who do the updating want it changed to "pedanticchunt" 🤣.
"Pedantic makes perfect". That's what I say anyway :D I only stopped working on the Starter Kit when it got to the stage where it was pretty much unbreakable by even the least techy of users :lol: anyway, Steve Harle is a huge pedant himself, so he'll welcome you with open arms!
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Post by Here2Win79 »

Review of National rivalries with suggestions

Real rivalries

Anguilla add St Kitts & Nevis
Antigua and Barbuda add St Kitts & Nevis
St Kitts & Nevis add Anguilla and Antigua & Barbuda
Australia - worth swapping out England for Japan now Oz is 'in Asia'? The rivalry with England is more of a crappy sports (cricket, rugby) thing
Central African Republic add Cameroon and the two Congos
Greece have FYR Macedonia as rival, which I think is the inactive one, swap for North Macedonia
Netherlands - should Portugal be considered for one of the slots (maybe rather than Italy) after the kung-foo-tball game at World Cup 2006? Vice versa for Portugal?
Romania - swap Slovenia out for Russia
Peru have a slot free, apparently US based Peruvians and US based Mexicans have created a bit of a rivalry with Central Americans, add Mexico
Mexico - replace Honduras with Argentina
Costa Rica - I think they have more of a rivalry with Guatemala than Panama
United States - swap out Cuba for Russia

Convenient rivalries
Liechtenstein - trade the big nations for Luxembourg, Andorra, San Marino?
Luxembourg - do likewise?
Malta have no rivals - Italy, Andorra, San Marino?
San Marino only have Italy, add Malta and Andorra so they have some other crappy teams to get excited about facing
Venezuela add Ecuador and Bolivia - not anything big historically just makes the 'who's the sh!ttiest team in South America' fight a bit more tasty
Laos - add Vietnam
Mongolia - add Russia
Bangladesh - add Pakistan, Sri Lanka

Rivalries to spice things up a bit in the Caribbean
Aruba add Jamaica (oooh I wanna take ya), Curacao
Bahamas add Bermuda, Caymans, Barbados (who's gonna save you the most tax? we are, we are!)
Barbados add Bahams, Bermuda, Caymans (where's the best place for your private yacht? right here, right here)
Bermuda add Bahamas, Caymans, Barbados (who provides the most opaque company structure? we do, we do)
Caymans add Bermuda, Bahamas, Barbados
Cuba add Bahamas and Bermuda - imperialist dogs
Dominica - the Dominican Republic, Haiti and Puerto Rico
Grenada - St Vincent, Trinidad, Barbados
St Lucia - St Vincent, Barbados, Dominica
St Vincent - St Lucia, Grenada Barbados
Surinam - add Netherlands
Turks and Caicos - even I don't care enough