Using an older database query

Moderator: Update Team (Director)

djrchelsea
Youth Team Player

Post by djrchelsea »

Hi,

I have been playing CM 01/02 since it came out. I have always had the original game disc on my previous laptop installed and spent years and years updating the database in the editor just how I like it.

I now have a new laptop with windows 10 and no disc reader. I have downloaded the game via this website using the mount option and it worked great thanks. I have also downloaded the 3.9.68 patch and the Nicks patcher v2.18.

Before getting rid of my old laptop I copied the data folder onto a USB which I have now copied across into a folder on my documents folder. Problem is I can't seem to get my previous data to work. I copied all files into the Champ man data folder and overwrote the files there. But when I start a new game it keeps starting the game with the data pack installed with the game download and patches?

Sorry for the essay!

Thanks,

Dan
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Post by Redknapp69 »

Not sure if it would work copying data over as it already has Nick patch aded to it etc

I'd say to do a new install
add 3.9.68
add in your data update and copy over original data files
Add nick patch
HaroldFinch
Hot Prospect for the Future

Post by HaroldFinch »

Yeah Redknapp is right, you want to do it all in that order ^^

I would even go so far as to say not to apply Nick's Patcher at all, and just test your old database on a fresh copy of the game with only the 3.9.68 patch installed. Was your old database applied to an unpatched version of the game? If so, it's not going to work on a version running 3.9.68. So you might have to have 2 installations of the game on your computer if that is the case.
Mark
Chairman

Post by Mark »

Sounds like you haven't ran the editor/game as administrator if you're still seeing the newly downloaded stuff.
djrchelsea
Youth Team Player

Post by djrchelsea »

Hi guys,

Thanks for the quick replies! Just tried both as administrator and you are right Mark. The data pack works and then comes through when the game is run as admin. If I run the game as not admin it uses the new database with the 2002 transfers etc. So effectively It seems like I can make saves on both, will just have to remember which save is on which game play.

The nick patch items I have ticked seemed to be working on both ways of playing too (coloured attributes, showing star players etc). Do you foresee any issues here before I get back to plunging in countless hours whilst the wife watches her programmes in the evenings haha?
djrchelsea
Youth Team Player

Post by djrchelsea »

Hi guys, sorry me again! Got an issue I didn't have before. Still playing as admin but it says I need to insert a disc/cd rom when I try and start a new game?
Fodster
Hot Prospect for the Future

Post by Fodster »

Find the games ISO image and right click, then click mount and you should be good
djrchelsea
Youth Team Player

Post by djrchelsea »

Hi , thanks but can't seem to find an ISO file looked everywhere in the Champ man folder? Any of the applications don't have the mount option either?

Thanks,

Dan
Mark
Chairman

Post by Mark »

It'll be wherever you saved it to after downloading the game. Or just download it again from here: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=35