Project 2004

Post by Alan_v2 »

Oh, and enjoy your hols, Cam :)
Cam F
Reserve Team Player

Project 2004

Post by Cam F »

So .

1 if you ask Sir Nick and Co nicely he can remove that as I have one at home he did that lets me do prior to 1975

2. Correct. With the editor you can make them non player/ player add the histories and then set them to retire from playing a day after England loads a new game.

3. If dob is out it doesn’t matter if you have manually added them with the editor.

Ha yeah I did players with 250 games in 1 season.

For non players who were ancient I made them non player/player but if they didn’t have a current job as 90 I made them managing directors and they don’t then get jobs and retire at EOS
Alan_v2
Decent Young Player

Project 2004

Post by Alan_v2 »

Well decided to put in record holders simply as players with an immediate retirement, and then the minimum number of history lines just to get the correct totals. Some DoBs will be wrong but it's not much of a problem as they retire after the first gameday anyway. There are a few guys still active in staff roles (from what I have done so far which is just SPL teams) such as John Robertson, Maurice Malpas and Willie Miller who should retire from playing and carry on their other roles. Obviously record holders that are still active players (both app and goalscorers at ICT, for example) have the full correct history.
atiba
Youth Team Player

Project 2004

Post by atiba »

The names of the gray players appear in me as "Juli Sanchez". What is the reason of this?
Alan_v2
Decent Young Player

Project 2004

Post by Alan_v2 »

Ahh, fuck it. That has happened before. Will try and sort that when I get the chance
Alan_v2
Decent Young Player

Project 2004

Post by Alan_v2 »

I have updated the link in this post with what I hope is a fixed version. Thanks for reporting. Let me know if the problem persists.
atiba
Youth Team Player

Project 2004

Post by atiba »

I made changes for the Turkish league largely on my own. What should I do so that what I have done is not wasted and to use the data you have edited?
Alan_v2
Decent Young Player

Project 2004

Post by Alan_v2 »

If you just want to get rid of the grey players problem, find Juli Sánchez under common names in the editor, and delete the Andorra enty with a count of 0.
Alan_v2
Decent Young Player

Project 2004

Post by Alan_v2 »

Just want to expand a little on my comments at the bottom of page 1 regarding club record appearances and goalscorers.

I am open to suggestions on how this can be done better, if possible. Currently, completely retired and/or decesed I have entered as a player with an immediate retirement. I have used as few lines of history as possible, and always used 1975 as the year (could go up to 255 but I am using 250 just to make the quick mental arithmatic a bit easier!); see image below
► Show Spoiler
We then get the club history showing:
► Show Spoiler
For record-holders who now have only a coaching/managerial job, I have made them non-player and player, again added an immediate retirement, and they will then retire from playing but continue their non-playing role as normal. Again, in this case I have added all of their playing history to year 1975 just for convenience.

For players that are still active, I have included their full playing history with the correct years, of course.

----------

The one thing that would be great is if the editor would allow me to enter the correct DoB for very old players (Ed is limited to 01/01/1915 as the earlierst DoB). I am aware of the patch that allows very old and very young staff, so I can easily adjust this to allow staff of 150 y/o if necessary.

*EDIT*
(FWIW, CMUpdater will allow inserting histories from any year, even before 1975, so I will perhaps further update full player histories where they are available; again, see below:)
► Show Spoiler
---------

Anyway, while I have always said this is an ongoing project that will never be finished, I fancied a bit of a change of pace rather than just ploughing through 2004 squad lists, and I think adding these records is a nice touch. Plus I find I end up reading and learning about players I have never heard of (YES, I HAVE HEARD OF WILLIAM 'DIXIE' DEAN!!!). Every day is a school day :)
Cam F
Reserve Team Player

Project 2004

Post by Cam F »

Celtic have mcgrory legendary goalscorer.

If you download my 0001 legends with kids edition I have put most of the record appearances and goal scorers in for England, Scotland , serie a and top teams in la
Liga and top teams in world. I am an appearance holder record geek
Alan_v2
Decent Young Player

Project 2004

Post by Alan_v2 »

Yes, I have that, and all 2004 SPL teams appearance and goals records

Alan_v2
Decent Young Player

Project 2004

Post by Alan_v2 »

Alan_v2 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:46 pmThe one thing that would be great is if the editor would allow me to enter the correct DoB for very old players (Ed is limited to 01/01/1915 as the earlierst DoB). I am aware of the patch that allows very old and very young staff, so I can easily adjust this to allow staff of 150 y/o if necessary.
So I have hacked the editor to allow entering DoBs back to 1815, so that's that sorted.
Still, some staff are not showing the corrects DoB when loading the game. Doesn't appear to be defined by age so need to look closer...